Broken Dagger, Southern Swagger

Our convictions engraved by her marvelous hands

Delilahs P.O.V.

It was around 5:30 and I was still on the Ill Scarlett bus. I figured Lyric was probably pissed I hadnt come back but I didnt really care. She had nurse Aaron, Ben, Jon, and Ian to entertain her. We were just getting off the bus to go into a restaurant for supper when an annoyed Lyric found me.

"So this is where you've been going," she cried.

"Umm yeah," I laughed.

"You left me for them," she said faking me a glair.

"Indeed," Will said coming up behind us, "and she had a far better time with us then she could ever hope to have with you!"

"You wanna bet!" Ben cried jumping beside Lyric.

"Yeah I do!" Will cried.

"You guys are dumb," I laughed walking up behind Jon as he entered the restaurant, "hello!" I said cheerily.

"Oh, it's you," Jon said turning around, "where have you been?"

"With Alex and the guys," I replied simply.

Jon raised his eyebrow; "you've been hanging around them a lot lately."

What was it with these people and their suspicions?

"So?"

Jon grinned, "I know you like one of them, I just have to find out which one."

I flushed, "you're retarded," I complained walking up to stand by the counter with Lyric and Jonny. I looked around but saw Alex wasnt there.

"Where's Alex?" I asked.

"He's out in the parking lot fighting with Jamie again," Jonny replied.

"Oh," I said looking at the counter.

"Why?" Lyric asked curiously.

Jonny shook his head, "god only knows."

I exchanged a glance with Lyric and ordered my food. I really hoped for Alexs sake Jamie didn't know I was on the bus with Ill Scarlett again.

Lyric, Ben, and I sat down in a booth with our food just as a Jamie-less Alex walked in and sat across from me, beside Ben.

"Hey," he said as he sat down.

"Hey, where's Jamie?" Ben asked,

"Oh she's going to the place across the street,"

I frowned. That didn't sound good.

"Well aren't you gonna get any food?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I'm not hungry."

I glared at him, "if you want enough energy to go on stage tonight you have to eat!" I said shoving my fries in his face.

"You might as well eat it," Lyric said, "She'll force you."

Alex smiled at me. God damn it! Why did he have to smile so nice?.

"Yes mother," he teased taking my frys.

Lyric laughed, "hey Dee," she said as she read the flying cow on the table, "my horoscope says I'm wiser then I seem, and I have to show it."

Ben snorted, "yeah right."

"Oh so you're talking to me now?"

"I suppose."

"What's mine say?" I asked.

"Umm... you have been under the table for a long time but love is coming your way."

I burst out laughing, "under the table?"

"You don't look like you're under it to me," Alex said.

"No I'm not, I'm kinda beside it," I laughed looking down at the table.

"And I can't see love coming your way anytime soon," Ben teased.

"Shut up!" I cried.

He grinned, "Well I suppose we do have our Alex here."

To my great surprise Alex blushed, "please don't bring me into this."

Ben and Lyric laughed while Lyric nudged me under the table. It seemed she had seen that blush too. I glared at her then blushed myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
subscriptions?