Broken Dagger, Southern Swagger

roasting marsh mellows over the mini-Q

Delilahs P.O.V.

I was roasting marsh mellows over the mini barbeque that Ian, Swav, and I had set up when I saw Alex walk off the BT bus.

"Alex!" I cried as I jumped up and waved at him. Ian smirked and muttered something to Swav but I chose to ignore them.

Alex looked over to me with a smile that made my insides squirm, but for some reason blushed vividly and turned away.

I frowned. what had Ben and Lyric done?

"Alex!" I cried again, "come here! We're roasting marshmallows!"

He quickened his pace and headed around the corner.

"What the hell?" I mumbled. Why had he run away from me? Alex had never done that before, and why was he blushing?

"Uh oh," Ian mumbled, "I wonder what those two did."

"My thoughts exactly," I replied as I handed Swav my marshmallow stick and headed for the bus. I walked in to find Ben and Lyric eating chips on the couch while grinning at me evilly. That was not a good sign.

"What the hell did you two do to Alex?" I demanded.

"Why do you ask?" Lyric asked.

"Because when he came off the bus he turned scarlet at the sight of me and ran away," I stated.

"Well who wouldn't run away at the sight of you?" Lyric teased.

I glared at her.

"And besides, why does it bother you so much Dee?" Ben pried, "I thought you didn't like Alex?"

I turned red, "well he-he's my friend and-"

Gah I was getting redder by the minute now. Why did those two have to be so annoying?
They both burst out into fits of laughter.

"Look," Ben said once his laughing stopped, "all we did was suggest that he could court you."

"I believe your exact words were 'pursue her'," Lyric corrected.

My jaw dropped, "You Did What?"

They laughed at me again.

"Oh come on Dee!" Lyric said exasperatedly, "It's sooooo obvious that you like him."

"And that he likes you," Ben added.

"Which I did get him to admit to," Lyric said triumphantly.

My insides exploded with joy. Was she serious?

"He did? What did he say?" I asked unable to keep the grin off my face.

"See youre grinning!" Ben cried.

"He just sorta said yeah when I asked him if he liked you and that he didn't want to be an ass to Jamie by dumping her in the middle of the tour," Lyric replied.

"But he did say that they were pretty much over, so it might happen anyways," Ben pointed out.

I couldn't help but continue to smile. Alex liked me!

"Well then," I said beaming, "I think I'll go continue to roast marsh mellows."

"Note that now that we've said he likes her she's not mad anymore" Ben muttered.

I flipped him off then happily exited the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?
subscriptions?