Broken Dagger, Southern Swagger

For you and I are passed our dancing days.

Lyrics P.O.V.

I went into the little cupboard of a washroom that we had on the bus and began to wash the pudding off of my face and body. Frankly, I was pissed. I loved Ben and all, but pudding all over me!? That was not nice at all!

I finished washing the pudding off of me and changed, then I went back out into the kitchen area of the bus to find Delilah washing pudding off of the walls.

"Come on Dee" I said as I headed for the door.

She looked at me in confusion, "where?"

I sighed. She seemed so slow at times, "to the store."

She just looked at me.

"...To buy pudding mix."

Her face lit up. Now she was getting it.

"Revenge?" she asked.

"Revenge," I replied with a devilish grin.

That night in the middle of the show Delilah and I crept up by the side of the stage, a giant bowl of pudding in my hands. I was thinking of how sweet my revenge was going to be when the song ended and Ben began to talk.

"So this next song I'm going to dedicate to a little girl named Lyric."

'wait what? A song for me? Why? What song? Oh god!' I looked at Delilah but she as purely confused like me.

"...Because she is the girl that I have just managed to court." The crowed screamed.

'That bitch!' I thought as my face turned red. I could see Delilah grinning from ear to ear. It made me want to slap her.

"But we did have a pudding fight earlier so I hope she'll forgive me."

'yup he's dead'

"But anyways, this is a little ditty called surrender.

Everyone screamed as the guys began to play and I stood behind the curtain stupidly with my pudding. Sure, the fact that he had just dedicated that song to me had caused an eruption of butterflies in my stomach but it had also caused me to become embarrassed. I hated being embarrassed.

Delilah looked at me and then the pudding mouthing the question if I was still indeed going to dump it on Ben.

I nodded while mouthing 'he's dead.

She gave me a 'but-that-was-really-sweet' look. I rolled my eyes. Why did she have to be so romantic? It was one thing that was truly different between us. She was a hopeless romantic and just the thought of such made me gag. No Ben was still going down!

Delilah rolled her eyes, obviously able to read my reaction. Maybe we did know each other a little too well.

'Oh well' I thought, 'At least it scares Aaron!'

And so as I heard Ian strum the last cord I ran out onto the stage and dumped the bowl of pudding on Bens head gaining a loud outburst of crys of shock and laughter (mostly laughter) from the crowd. I grinned triumphantly.

"Audience meet my darling Lyric" Ben said sweetly as he stood his ground for a moment then tackled me with a pudding filled hug.

"GAH! GET OFF!" I cried. Now I was full of pudding Again! this was war! I jabbed my elbow backwards nailing him in the crotch.

"AHA!" I cried, "Victory Is Mine!"

"Gah Jesus!" Ben cried in pain as he rolled onto the stage clutching his balls and the crowd -and Delilah and the guys- roared in laughter.

"Will you go out with me?" Ben cried through a moan of agony.

"Ha you- wait what?"

'Did he just ask me out? No! He couldn't have!'

"Will you go out with me?"

'Oh God' I thought, 'What do I say? I want to say yes, but everyones watching' I panicked

'But if I say no he'll be embarrassed! OMG! What to do? Uh uh' my face flushed

"AH! Peer presure!" I cried and darted off the stage, running past a very confused Delilah. I ran out of the arena and hid on the bus.

Ben walked on the bus about a half hour later. He must have left earlier than the others because they didnt follow. I pretended not to see him and stared at the TV but my blush must have given me away because Ben laughed.

'God Damn it Lyric!' I thought at myself angrily.

"Don't you look cheery" Ben teased as he walked over to the TV and turned it off.

"Hay I was watching that!" I lied

"You were watching commercials?" Ben asked with a grin

My blush deepened, why was I so dumb?

"So umm..." he began as he sat beside me, "I was serious about what I said on stage."

'What do I say to that?', "oh umm... yeah?"

He chuckled a bit, wait was he blushing?

"So ummm... can I ask why you ran away yelling 'peer pressure'?"

I smiled, "well you did ask me in front of an arena full of people it was a little," I paused and thought of a term, "offsetting."

Ben laughed, "So now that we're not in front of people could you give me an answer?"

I shrugged, I was surprisingly calm now, 'Maybe it was seeing him blush' I thought.

Ben smiled sweetly, "so Lyric, will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled and blushed, "I suppose I could."

Ben smiled happily and gave me a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know I said I wasn't going to update unless I got two comments, but I decided to post one anyway.
this time I'm sticking to this, I'm not going to update unless I get one more comment.
Its not asking for much really.
Subscriptions?