My One-Sided Romance

Just Another Day

Gerard’s POV:

“Mikey, stop it, please.” I said, my brother starting to get on my nerves the fifth time he poked me while I was drawing.

“I’m bored Gee.” he said, turning away from me as he turned the TV on at some random music channel where a scene of Frankie giving me a short kiss on the cheek suddenly flashed in front of us. “It’s the I’m Not Okay video.” my brother said.

“I could see that Mikey.” I said, ignoring the TV and continuing on my drawing.

“Aren’t you a little bothered that Frankie kissed you on international television where people could mistake your sexuality because of that scene?” Mikey said in one breath.

“It’s what Frankie does, that kid’s too hyper to not do anything, he probably just did that on the spur of the moment or something, who gives a fuck about what the public says.”

“You sound like you and Frankie are actually together.” I give my brother a look at this, he then shuts up. I, out of all people, know my sexuality very well, and I’m very sure of myself that I’m a straight person. Not that I am homophobic or anything, coz I’m nothing of that sort.

“Hey Mikey, Bob and I are going to go grocery shopping coz the fridge’s nearly empty, wanna come?” Ray asked.

“Yeah, I’m bored to death anyway.” Mikey says as he gets up from where he was sitting next to me on the couch and goes up to Ray. I hear flushing come from the bathroom and turn to that direction to see Bob exiting from it.

“Okay guys, I’m ready, let’s go.” Bob said.

“Since when were you leader?” Ray teased; the guys just laughed it off and made their way to the door. “Hey Gee; can you take care of Frankie while we’re gone?” Ray asked before they left, I raise my eyebrows at this.

“Frankie’s a grown man, why’d he need to be taken care of?” I said. Ray pointed his finger at the very man we were talking about, only to see that he was about to put an olive green colored Crayola crayon in his mouth.

“Frankie, don’t put that in your mouth.” Mikey said, catching Frankie’s attention. After glancing at Mikey for a short while he stared back at the crayon, shrugged and threw it at some random direction. Nearly hitting Ray on the eye.

“Ow! Damn it Frankie!” Ray said, rubbing the spot he got hit at.

“Sorry.” Frankie more of muttered, with a plain and obviously bored expression on his face. Ray gives me a look and I nod my head.

“Yeah Ray, I get what you mean, don’t worry, I’ll make sure this kid doesn’t suddenly burn the bus down.” I said.

“That’s not a bad idea.” I hear Frankie mutter, I stifled a laugh at this, the kid’s too random and hyper for his own good.

“We’ll see you guys then, bye.” Bob said as the three finally left. I just continued on my drawing while occasionally glancing at Frankie to see if he wasn’t going to do anything destructive. I completely ignored him when I was getting so into my drawing. I felt weight on the spot on the couch next to me; I knew it was Frankie who probably moved to sit next to me, who else would it be? At first I ignore him, let him sit down next to me, as long as he doesn’t annoy me while I’m drawing. I suddenly feel him moving and suddenly I find his feet in front of my face.

“Gah! Frankie!” I said, hitting his foot with my pen. He withdrew his feet for a moment and I went back to my drawing, until I saw that he was trying to get his feet on my lap again. “Frankie get your fucking feet off of me!” I yelled, finally annoyed at this. He just laughs his famous laugh fangirls all so admire as he sits up again with that big grin on his face.

“You’re pissed!” he said in an ‘in-your-face’ kind of way all the while poking me on the cheek. I glare at him and he just laughs again, I swear, if there was one more person in this bus who’s as hyper as Frankie, I’d rather jump off a cliff. Frankie turned the TV on and behaved a little when the Fairly Odd Parents was showing. It was at this part where this bucktoothed kid with a pink hat was wishing for a bike.

“Supertoilet.”

“AAHHH! ALL THE CLOGGING!” Frankie laughed again like a kid watching a cartoon, well, he was watching a cartoon but he’s not a kid. He just acts like one. I was just sitting there, still focused on my drawing. The bus goes silent when Frankie had turned the TV off.

“What’re you drawing?” he asked, kinda leaning on my shoulder to get a good look. I was actually drawing the Sweet Revenge couple, but in a different way. The girl in the drawing was facing us, her hair covering half of her face as a tear runs down the visible eye and the guy was just a small black silhouette in the background.

“Just this.” I said.

“That’s a very deep drawing Gee.” Frankie said, I looked at him and smiled a bit. I appreciated that he was taking interest in my drawing.

“Thanks Frankie.” I said, he smiled back at me. He turns away a bit as a yawn escapes his mouth, making me turn to him. He motions to sleep on my lap and I put away my sketchpad and my pen just in time for him to do so, his head rests on my lap and his eyes close. “Frankie?” I said, making sure if he really was sleeping, he didn’t respond, so I guess he was.

I sigh a bit, thinking that I should probably watch something until Frankie decides to wake up. I take a look at his sleeping face; I noticed how angelic it looked, compared to how he acts when he’s awake. He just goes around everywhere, too hyper to just sit still. But seeing him in this situation, his eyes closed and his body moving up and down slowly in rhythm with his slow breathing, you’d think he was the most behaved kid in the world.

I feel his arms wrap around mine, like it was some kind of pillow or something. I sigh at this and was about to pull my arm away when my eyes fell on his angelic face again, it was then that I was hesitant to do anything that might wake him up. I let him cuddle my arm; I could’ve sworn I saw him smiling. I take in his features again, now I could see why girls are just crazy of over him. He’s just breathtakingly beautiful. I shake my head, what am I thinking? I’m a straight guy; I can’t think that a guy is beautiful. Though Frankie is without a doubt. Wait! Ugh, Gerard, just stop thinking right now before your brain explodes.

Frank’s POV:

I pretended to be asleep on Gerard’s lap when I had grabbed his arm; I just wanted to hold him. I’ve always feelings for Gerard but I know that he’s straight and would never really like me back. That’s why I seize every opportunity to be with him, even to just have a slight feel of him would make me happy. Mikey knows that I like men, but he doesn’t know that the man I like is his brother.

I appreciate the dude for not pushing through on asking me who’s the dude I like, and I really appreciate him for not telling the other guys. He freaked out a bit when I told him but, being the real good pal he is, he understood and got used to it. I love that kid. No not literally.

Gerard’s POV:

I hear the bus doors open and Ray, Bob and Mikey flood back in the bus with two grocery bags on each dude. Wow, we’re so not going to run out for a long time with all that food.

“Hey Gerard, did Frankie give you any trouble?” Ray asked, placing his bags on the counter along with Bob and Mikey’s bags.

“Nah, he fell asleep, wasn’t much trouble.” I said.

“All right then, see ya tomorrow morning then, I’m going to my bunk.” Ray said as he yawned and retired to his bunk, looking at my other bandmates they were also getting ready to sleep. I give them a look.

“So you’re just going to leave me here and not help me bring Frankie to his bunk?” I said.

“Yes, good night Gee, good night Frankie.” they said in unison before closing the curtains of their bunks. I scoffed and looked down at Frankie.

“It’s a good thing you’re small Frankie, or I would’ve just pushed you off me.” I muttered to myself, I grunt as I carry him in my arms and walk over to the bunk area. I find his bunk and place him in there, gently so as not to suddenly wake him up. He finally lets go of my arm as he grabs another pillow and starts cuddling it to replace my arm. I notice that his hair got a little messy and decided to fix it a little before going back to my bunk. As I did so, I find myself staring at him again. I shake my head of anything to do with Frankie, Gerard, you’re a straight dude.

“Good night Frankie.” I whisper as I get up and go over to my bunk.

Frank’s POV:



Good night Gerard.