My One-Sided Romance

Bottled

Frank’s POV:

We watched as the girls took the stage, and we heard groans coming from the crowd who had expected 5 guys taking the stage and not 4 girls. The girls positioned themselves, Natalie on her drums, Ashlee on Alysse’s left as Alysse stands behind the microphone with her bass in hand and Michelle to her right.

“Hey guys, um… I’m Alysse and these are Ashlee, Michelle and Natalie, we’re Mana and we’re be performing as an opening act for My Chemical Romance.” Alysse said over the microphone, the groans form the crowd were louder and it was evident that they didn’t seem to like the idea.

“What the fuck is this?!”

“We want MCR! Not a bunch of newbies!”

“Get off the stage and let the pros take it!”

“The crowd seems… harsh…” I heard Gerard say.

“Dude, they are harsh.” I said.

“The girls can make it through… I hope…” Ray said a little optimistically, Mikey and Bob had no comment whatsoever.

“This song is Broken Sonnet (song originally by Hale).” Alysse said and they started playing.

And now I concede
On the night of this fifteenth song
Of melancholy, of melancholy
And now I will admit in this fourth line
That I love you, that I love you


We sat and watched, some part of the crowd and stopped shouting and started listening, the rest were still shouting, especially most of the people in front.

I don’t care what they say
I don’t care what they do
‘cause tonight I’ll leave my fears behind
‘cause tonight I’ll be right at your side

Lie down right next to me
—“

The guys and I were shocked when a bottle coming from one of the people nearest the stage flew from there and hit Alysse right on the forehead, hard, causing her to get cut off while singing. The bottle bounced back to the crowd but the people backed away just in time to evade the glass, which broke into sharp pieces. I exchanged glances with the guys, thinking of what Alysse might do. Surprisingly she just shook her head and continued singing.

Lie down right next to me
And I will never let go
Will never let go


They were actually good, they continued playing and Alysse acted like she hadn’t been hit by a bottle. We thought things were doing fine until people started throwing the broken bottle shards at them, which is very dangerous.

The clock on the TV says 8:39 pm
It’s the same, it’s the same
And in this next line
I’ll say it all over again
That I love you, that I love you


People were now aiming the broken glass shards at the two guitarists. Ashlee got hit on the arm a lot and from here we could already see various bleeding scratches on both her arms, but she didn’t seem to have bothered stopping with what she was doing.

I don’t care what they say
I don’t care what they do
‘cause tonight I’ll leave my fears behind
‘cause tonight I’ll be right at your side


After managing to dodge a few shards Michelle was hit, being a short girl a rather sharp piece of glass made a big nasty cut on her cheek right under her right eye. I could see that she winced a little but shook it off and just continued with her playing.

Lie down right next to me
Lie down right next to me
And I will never let go
Will never let go

I’ll leave my fears behind
‘cause tonight I’ll be right at your side


Someone threw a rather big piece of the bottle, Alysse managed to dodge it and so did Ashlee. Unfortunately it hit Natalie right on the leg that was pressing on the floor cymbal, stabbed her right there, the glass piece even stayed there. I see her mouth a curse word but then continue on her drumming, though it doesn’t exactly sound as firm as it did before.

Lie down right next to me
Lie down right next to me
And i will never let go
Will never let go

But still I see the tears from your eyes
Maybe I’m just not the one for you


They stopped playing all together and we could tell that the song was finished, some of the people who’ve actually grown to like them cheered, though there were still those who booed, especially the ones who had their share in the bottling. Alysse was holding the spot the bottle had hit which started forming into a nasty bruise and it was bleeding a little. Ashlee went over to Alysse to support her on their way backstage.

“Can we get some help for the girls here?” I heard Brian say as the crew members carrying first aid kits to the girls. We went up to them too.

“You okay Alysse?” Mikey asked.

“I… I…” before Alysse could say anything but ‘I’ she fainted right there, luckily one of the crew members caught her before Ashlee could drop her. She seemed she couldn’t support Alysse so much without exerting effort on her arms which had a hell a lot of cuts everywhere, most of them were still bleeding.

“That’s a lot of nasty cuts you have there…” Gerard said, taking one of her arms gently and examining them.

“Easy there Gee, wouldn’t want them to fall off.” Ray said, Gerard ignored Ray and smiled at Ashlee.

“Hope you get better kid.” he said, I could swear I was jealous there for a minute, Ashlee blushed a little at this.

“Um… yeah…” she said. I caught sight of Michelle, she was looking at her wound in the mirror and she motioned for her hand to touch it.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” I just suddenly blurt out, her hand stops and she turns to me. “It might get infected, that’s a pretty deep cut.”

“Sorry… I get tempted to squeeze something bleeding sometimes…” she said, I blinked at this and she looked down in embarrassment. “Sorry… I’m weird…”

“There’s no need to be sorry for being weird, embrace it, it rocks.” I said smiling in a friendly way; she smiled back with a big bright smile, she looks as hyper as I am.

“Natalie, man you’re leg’s bleeding like hell, I’ll help you to one of the chairs.” Bob said, supporting Natalie as he helped her to one of the chairs where she could sit down and let the paramedics treat her leg.

“Thanks Bob.” Natalie said with a thankful smile, Bob smiled back.

“I can't just let someone with a bleeding leg limp all the way here.” he said.

“This is a real big gash, your foot needs to be operated on.” one of the medics said.

“What?!” Natalie said, shocked.

“This needs stitches, we could just call the doctors here and do the operation here, that way there’d be no more strain on your leg.” the medic said.

“Gore!” Ashlee said.

“Shut up Ashlee.” Natalie said.

“Guys, get onstage now, the girls will be fine, we have medics here.” Brian said.

“Come on guys.” Gerard said, signaling for us to grab our instruments and get onstage. “Those motherfucking bottlers are not getting away with this.” I heard him mutter so only we could hear.

“Here goes Gee and one of his speeches again…” Ray said.