All We Know Is Falling

The Weekend: How?

Ian woke up sharply, shaking the flames and fire out of his mind, and sunk back into his bed. He sat up again quickly when he felt arms around him and didn’t know where he was, pushing the small frame off of him, and waking said person up.

“Ian, what the fuck are you doing?” laughed Sean. Ian sunk back into bed, realising what had happened. He had spent the night at his boyfriends. He had finally spent a whole night cuddled up to Sean, having Sean cuddled up to him. They had fallen asleep in the same bed, small as it was. Ivy was out of his life, and he had Sean. Sean Smith, the man who had his heart.

How had this even happened? He didn’t even care. All he could remember was going back to Sean’s on the Friday afternoon, filled with the feeling of love. He had ran up the stairs, no leaped, getting much attention from the people on different floors, most of whom banged on the walls. He had rushed up the stairs, banged on Sean’s door and fallen into Sean’s arms, laughing and smiling, tears in his eyes.

And the first words. He finally said them.

I love you, Sean.

Sean nearly cried as he practically cried out ‘I love you too’. They had fallen into bed together, and they had made love. They had fallen asleep, cuddled up, and Ian felt relief that he didn’t have to go home to Ivy. He could just cuddle Sean all night, and stay here all the time, and be happy.

The rest of the Saturday, Ian and Sean spent together. They cuddled and they watched movies and they talked like friends. They kissed when the feeling took them, which was very often, and they held hands the whole time. Sean made Ian scrambled eggs; the only thing he could manage to cook at the moment… a typical ‘bachelor’. Bless him though, Ian thought, he put so much effort into it, making sure it was a perfect as he could get it. He put it on a plate and covered it in ketchup, because he knew Ian loved the red sauce that he didn’t very often have. He even drew a little heart with the sauce. Ian gave Sean the biggest cuddle ever.

On the Sunday, Ian and Sean went, hand in hand, to Jamie’s house. Jamie was one of the guys in Ian’s band, and both Ian’s friends and Sean’s friends were all there together. So the ten men, minus Sean and Ian, looked stunned as they noticed the couple coming in holding hands, and questioned them about it. Ian happily told them all about what happened, not once stopping out of sadness or unhappiness. His house; that made him a bit sad: his whole life burnt down to the core. But Ivy had been much more pleasant that he ever imagined. She was right, they were changed people, and falling apart.

After Ian told his tale, everyone that drunk had many drinks and even those that didn’t got a bit drunk off of the feeling. They all just fell about laughing at everything, and everyone being so out of it, Ian and Sean got a few sneaky kisses in. When Sean’s friend Gareth saw one, he screamed like a girl, which was shocking seeing as he was a 6 foot something man, and rather burly, and ran out, covering his eyes. Ian and Sean laughed, and then Gareth, forgetting why he was cowering in fear, laughed along too. He was too out of it to even notice.

Ian and Sean walked home that night, laughing about their friends, holding hands and cuddling each other. They poked each other and went into fits of giggles every time.

When they got back to Sean’s flat, Sean pushed his key in the door and pulled Ian in by the hand. Sean knew that he could spend the rest of his life with this man, and knew that he wanted to.

The only thing was, he knew that Ian seemed to be on a downwards spiral, and that he had to save his if he fell again. He knew that it was a big burden to carry, and that Ian would have to rely on his friends an awful lot. He just didn’t know the kind of toll it would take on their relationship. So far, it had been carefree love; just seeing each other when the could afford to. It had been hard on Sean, knowing that he was going back to Ivy every night, but he knew that he had to put up with it if he wanted Ian to himself one day.

He just didn’t know that it would all happen so soon. He didn’t understand why everything was going so badly for Ian so quickly.