A Closet Full of Dresses

. . . just tulle and lace and silk and satin, every color in the rainbow. Dresses and stockings, lingerie and high heels.

Ryan always knew something was wrong. After fourteen years of coping, it's starting to slowly drag him into the undertow. His relationships are falling apart, he can't have sex with his boyfriend without crying, and his dresses at home are starting to collect dust.

He never thought that anyone could know without calling him a freak and cutting off all ties. When he's proven wrong, he starts to make his way down that dark tunnel where the light will eventually shine through.

Set between the middle of 2006 and present-day, this journey covers the awkward steps in four-inch heels that Ryan has to take to become the person he was meant to be.

Spend all your time waiting for that second chance.
For a break that would make it okay.
There's always one reason to feel not good enough.
And it's hard at the end of the day, I need some distraction.
Oh, beautiful release.


© Druscilla Ryan
  1. Part One: The Third Suitcase.
    Recommended listening: "Full of Grace" by Sarah McLachlan.
  2. Part Two: Shotgun.
    Recommended listening: "Glass Vase Cello Case" by Tattle Tale.