Status: Complete.

Modern Day Snow White

Breakfast

Image

Adabell's Point of View Again
What a jerk. Is his ego so big that he has to blackmail me into tolerating him? "Stay here at the castle- Just for the rest of the day. If you find that you still can't tolerate me, fine, but I have a feeling your perception of me will change if you just get to know me." he said. Apparently, the answer to my previous question is yes. He intends to blackmail me into liking him.

"And, by the end of the day, you'll show me the way back home?" I asked, skeptically. I've been searching for a little over a week and my efforts have been completely fruitless. How can I be sure that he knows the way back? How can I be sure he isn't just some weird rapist who is pulling a fast one on me? I suppose I didn't know for sure. I had to trust him, though. What else could I do?

He nodded. "I will escort you back through the Bender Forest to your diner and leave you to your work." he replied. "Bender Forest?" I questioned? Is that the forest I'd entered? The one with the endless supply of lumber? "Bender Forest," he began in explanation. "Is said to bend reality. It doesn't, though- The simple explanation is that the Parliament we have here is so much different than the types of government there are in other places around the world."

He still didn't answer my question exactly. "Is that where I came from?" I asked. He nodded. "Yes." he replied. "And that's where you'll go through as soon as the day is done. Now, come, I'll have a slave make you breakfast. You must be starved after being dead for so long." "What?!" I cried. I was terribly outraged for two reasons. One, I died?! And, two, people that have slaves are horrible people.

His eyes narrowed in confusion. "You didn't know you died?" he asked. Then, it hit me like a speeding train. The Queen. The apple. The drop. I did die and at her hands. I realized she would stop at nothing to have my corpse hung over her mantel (or something of the sort) and the only way to survive was to kill her. I had to kill the Queen.

"No, I know I died." I responded. "But slavery was abolished where I come from and I have gotten used to people having- Oh, I don't know, freedom. Do you have any idea how awful slavery is? You take away the rights of the people you put to work. They're human as well. How would you like to-" I began, going off on him.

He raised his hand in a signal for me to stop speaking. I did- Not because he gestured for me to but because I was so shocked that he expected me to. My silence gave him the chance to talk. "I'll make the breakfast then. I respect your believes. I am afraid you grew up a bit more.. advanced than I have. This is the way I learned to live. As a Prince, I was given power. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of that power when the Queen came into play and enslaved the entire Parliament." he mumbled.

"A Prince?" I repeated, shocked. "You've got to be kidding me."

He smirked widely. "I assure you I am not 'kidding you.' I am the Prince of the Parliament. It doesn't have as many perks as you;d think because the Queen has all of the power and fear. I, however, have the respect. The citizens here respect me because I am doing all I can to save them. See, I am not a bad person unlike your original thoughts. I am working against the Queen to undermine her and take full power as King. With her on the throne, the people of the Parliament fear for their lives. Once I regain the throne, in my father's name, I will return this place to its rightful freedom. I'll think about the slave thing, though. Its been a part of every day life for centuries so it may be more difficult to stop than you think. I am no Martin Luther-" he began and paused. "Well, I forgot his last name. Nonetheless, I am making breakfast. Come." he said and left the room.

What the hell did I get myself into?