Status: Complete.

Modern Day Snow White

Like a Fairytale

Image

Adabell's Point of View
The day wasn't horrible.

Okay, it was wonderful! The Prince turned out to be nothing like I expected. His name is Addam and he is.. awe-inspiring. He helps as many people in the Parliament as he can, he is nice to me even when I am awful to him and my enemy is his. He leads a small, rebel group of critics of the Queen and plans to attack as soon as possible. I find it rather brave of him- the Queen is terrifying. Hell, even before she tried to kill me (and sort of succeeded), I was terrified of my mother. I don't know what my father ever saw in her but her beauty...

He was shocked to hear that the Queen had a step-daughter, though. He was shocked to hear about my dreams. He was shocked- about everything, really. Apparently, in his eyes, I was the most astonishing person he'd ever met. This coming from a Prince was rather interesting to hear.

I was a bit sad to hear him say, "The day is almost over.." I wanted to leave and, yet, in a sense, I didn't. I had to see my diner and I was desperate for the cozy feeling of sleeping in my own bed but I would miss the Happy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Doc, Bashful, and Grumpy. They came to visit today, glad that I was alive. I can't remember a time I'd felt that kind of kindness- And Addam is so.. sweet. I adore the way he talks, what he speaks of, the things he does and how he does them. How can I leave him?

"I know." I whispered, quietly. "I'll kill her, you know, so you don't have to worry about her attacking you again. You are basically dead to her once you pass through the forest, anyway. Her mirror won't be able to sense you once you are home." he said, mistaking my disappointment for something else. I smiled, slightly. "That's good to know." I said.

He hesitated for a moment. "So, have I changed your mind about me?" he asked. I nodded. "Yes, I suppose you have." I replied, sitting down on the soft, white couch that stood in the middle of the room. He smiled. "So, would you mind if I visited you at your diner sometime soon- On my next trip to the States? I think we could be.. comrades, you know? I could update you on the status of the Queen and how the slaves are doing.." he said, quietly.

I returned his smile. "I'd like that." I said, ignoring the odd butterflies in my stomach. He reached out his hand. "Well, then, we should be getting you home." he said, happily. I nodded and took his hand, allowing him to lead me outside. He lifted me onto the back of his horse and we began to head home. I wondered how much different it would be. Would I perceive it differently? Would I expect magical things to happen around every corner? Would anyone ask where I'd gone? What would I answer?

All of the thoughts were pushed out of my head with the rhythm of the horse's hooves beating on the forest floor. It was like a fairy tale.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this was the (poorly written) end of the story.
I didn't write this story very well at all. It was new to me, really.
I hope you liked it anyway, though.
:)