Inside a Dangerous Mind

Chapter 1

Edward races from the office, running straight into Emmett, who is lounging casually against the car.

Emmett: What’s wrong Dude? You look like shit.
Edward: Growls. Get in the car. We have to leave now.
Emmett: Why?
Edward: I have to leave this place immediately before I do something truly catastrophic! Why, oh why is this happening to me? Is this some form of punishment for what I have become!?
Emmett: Why?
Edward: Glowers in annoyance. You cannot fathom the severity of the situation I find myself in brother.
Emmett: Did they catch you jacking off in the bathroom again?
Edward: Why I have never! How you can even think such things Emmett!
Emmett: You really should, bro
Edward: To even joke about such atrocities Emmett! Really! Stop thinking such distasteful things, I do not want to see that!
Emmett: Can you at least speak English? I have no idea what you've just said.
Edward: You have no concept of the kind of pain I am in right now! The sins that my body is betraying me towards!
Emmett: Yeah jacking off in the bathroom can be quite painful.
Edward: Ugh! I cannot talk to you! Where is Alice? We must hurry home before I do irreparable damage!
Emmett: I don't think you should talk to Alice about these things...I know you're close and stuff, but still...
Edward: Emmett really! Sometimes the way you're mind works truly disturbs me!
Emmett: It's just a little fun, Edward. Guys around the world do it all the time. Can you be any more of a drama queen?
Edward: I would hardly deem this as mere drama! This could mean the end of everything we know! I might have, oh, but I can barely speak of the atrocity!
Emmett: OK, Edward. What is that ASTROCITY you're talking about? Things got a little leaky? Someone walked in on you? What?
Edward: I almost killed! A mere human girl, so fragile and I was barely able to refrain from taking her life right in front of our equally delicate classmates like a rogue monster barely in control of my own actions!
Emmett: Laughs. Killed? Come on, Edward. You cried for a week after accidentally squashing a fly. Killed! Ha!
Edward: Of course I did! How I could lose control like that! It was completely inexcusable behaviour! I should have better controlled myself. I should be punished. Flings self into drivers seat of car with a heavy sigh.
Emmett: Yeah, yeah, I know. You're a monster. I dunno how you look at yourself in the mirror after that tragedy. That fly could've have a family, little kiddie flies. And a home and you destroyed all his hopes and dreams.
Edward: Oh God! He had a family! We have to leave NOW! I must purge myself immediately! Please stop thinking about the event, it plays itself enough within my own mind!
Emmett: I was- I was kidding...Dude, you have some issues. Really.

Alice skips up to the car with Rosalie and Jasper following slowly in her wake

Alice: Edward! You didn't, right? Oh I barely kept myself in class when I saw! Jasper had to restrain me!
Emmett: That's just dirty!
Edward: You should have come after me! Perhaps you could have destroyed me to prevent further harm to those around me! I'm nothing but a nuisance to society, a monster!
Rosalie: What now? Another fly, Edward?
Edward: Oh how I wish it were but a fly! Perhaps I might be able to consider staying if that were the case!
Jasper: Sends cool soothing vibes
Alice: I thought you might head towards that conclusion. I saw it, you know.
Rosalie: Yay for Alice's super powers.
Alice: Scowls.
Edward: Stop it at once Jasper! I hardly deserve any sort of reprieve for the thoughts my mind has conjured! I deserve every moment of pain they create for me plus more!
Emmett: Yeah, that's kinda annoying, Jasper.
Alice: Don't be unkind Emmett. He's just trying to help, I can hardly say the same for you. And forget about stealing Edward's sweater tonight, I'm going to move it.
Edward: Thank you Alice, you are too kind to me. I deserve naught of it
Emmett: I was trying too help but he just kept on whining about this girl and jacking off. Shrug
Edward: I was NOT jacking off, as you say! Truly Emmett! Please cease those mental images that you insist on conjuring within my presence! You know how I feel about them!
Emmett: Whispers to Rose. He was too.
Edward: It is one thing to lie but to speak of such abhorrence’s in front of the ladies is completely unacceptable and offensive! You should be ashamed!
Emmett: Oh please, Alice probably saw it anyway.
Edward: She saw nothing of the sort! I swear to you Alice, I don't know what has come over Emmett to be so convinced of this action, but it is as far from the truth as can be. I don't know why you wish to torture me so Emmett. What did I do to deserve your wrath? Not that I deserve anything better…
Emmett: Didn't you say you were a monster?
Alice: Way to bring it up again, idiot!
Jasper: sends cool soothing vibes
Rosalie: Don't call him an idiot, freak!
Edward: Stop this sordid arguing! I'm hardly worthy of your emotions! I wish I could rid you all of my presence, perhaps then you two would better get along. It is more than clear that I am the issue here. I shall disappear this night and not return.
Emmett: In case you didn't notice cause you were too busy whining over a fly, they were arguing about me and I am worthy of their emotions so shut up and let them mud wrestle!
Alice: Edward, please! I've seen other options. You have choices
Emmett: Just jack off at home, less trouble...Unless being watched is your thing...
Alice: Emmett, stop placing you fantasies upon Edward, he has more than enough to deal with right now. Perhaps you could try to be a little bit more compassionate, I know that it's a stretch, but please. Oh yes, and I saw what you're planning for next week and unless you want me to tell Rosalie, you better stop harassing Edward.
Emmett: hangs head in shame
Edward: Please Alice, I don't need you sympathy, or deserve it. I'm leaving tonight. Please don't try to follow me.
Rosalie: For goodness sake, Edward! The rest of us don't have freaking super powers! What caused this pity parade this time? Someone called you pale again?
Edward: Oh how I wish it were but such a trivial matter! Oh Rose, you will think so low of me if I tell you. Sighs. I cannot...
Rosalie: Well, it couldn't be any worse then me thinking you were jacking off in the bathroom, could it?
Edward: Oh the shame!
Emmett: Which he was
Alice: Emmett...
Emmett: OK, OK!
Rosalie: Edward, just say it! I'm sure I can handle your little misfortune!
Edward: Dearest Rose, I know you will think less of me after you receive this knowledge, and I understand completely! I deserve nothing less than your scorn. I-oh, I am so ashamed-I almost killed today! I wish I were stronger, but the pull of her blood, it was so strong! I was barely able to control myself enough to not launch at her
Rosalie: Edward, we've been through this before. Even humans kill flies occasionally
Alice: Rose, it was a girl. He tried to kill her because her blood smelt so appealing to him
Edward: Lays head in hands in shame
Rosalie:....
Alice: Puts hand on Edward's shoulder Oh Edward, no one blames you. It is a natural reaction. The important thing is that you resisted!
Emmett: ARE YOU INSANE?!
Rosalie: You could've ruin everything! And I assume other people saw it?
Edward: You think I don't realize the severity of the situation?! I cannot stop the disastrous thoughts from racking my brain, the images replaying themselves over and over again like a never-ending video that I cannot find the remote for!
Jasper: Sends cool soothing vibes
Rosalie: And the girl?...Did she realize what you are? And the others? God, Edward!
Emmett: Mutters. Idiot.
Edward: No, I was able to refrain, although I'm sure that I've frightened her beyond repair. God, I'm a monster.
Rosalie: You're lucky mortals are horribly stupid. I think it's best for you to leave the town
Alice: Don't help Rose! Edward don't leave! Esme will be devastated! I can see that you have enough strength to deal with this. You must stay. You will not kill her, you must believe this Edward!
Rosalie: I think she'll agree it would be best for him at this point. He can hunt for a while, maybe shop a little.
Emmett: Finally get laid
Alice: If he's going shopping then I'm going with him...
Jasper: Can I go to? I need something to match my new soothing vibes
Alice: Sure you can sweetheart
Edward: No Alice, please, don't try to stop me from leaving. None of you can stop me.
Emmett: I'll help you pack
Edward: Thank you Emmett, that's kind of you. A kindness I do not deserve.
Alice: Just stop it. We're going home and we'll talk to Carlisle about this. He will help you Edward. Carlisle can fix everything.
Emmett: Except for that kitchen table Edward wrecked.
Alice: Emmett, please!
Edward: No he's right. I destroy everything I touch. I must leave immediately.
Rosalie: He's right, Alice. I know you see things and shit but he should leave until the human forgets what she saw. Shouldn't be that long, they're foolish creatures.
Edward: Sighs. Alas, Rosalie is right. Let us return home immediately before the rest of the humans finish class and see me. I do not think that I can resist should I see her again. I'm just so weak...
Emmett: Maybe if you ask her nicely, she might put out. I mean, you're OK looking and you could offer her money or something.
Edward: I do not want to have relations like that with her Emmett! Can you not sense the seriousness of the situation?! Can you not grasp the severity of what might happen if I do not leave immediately?! Sometimes I wonder why Rosalie stays with you...perhaps it is pity
Emmett: That's cold, man. Real cold.
Edward: I'm sorry brother. You're right. I disgust myself. Can you find it within your, erm, heart, to forgive me? Though I hardly deserve forgiveness…
Emmett: I don't know if I can, Edward. The wound in my heart won't stop bleeding. Rolls eyes
Edward: I feared as much...I really am a monster, destroying everything I touch. You should all stay as far as possible from me, for fear that I should hurt you! I'm a menace!
Rosalie: Everyone just get into the car!
Jasper: Sings under his breath. Time to get busy, such a lot to do. Building and fixing till it's good as new...
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew!
Here is a new story that Jay and Kat (me) are putting together.
Let us know what you think of it!

Also, gold stars to anyone who can figure out which of us wrote which characters! ;)

Cheers
Kat and Jay