I Heart You

Zero Amie...One Amie...Two Amie...Three...Who the

My tree. The tree I always sit by. By myself. Emphasis on alone. So why on earth is there someone sitting underneath it?

----------------------
Like every high school on the face of the planet, this one has its own little cliques. You know, the jocks, the cheerleaders, the computer nerds, the sluts, the wannabe sluts, you get the picture. My problem is, I just don't really fit in anywhere. It's weird. I've been going to this school for 3 years, can you believe that? 3 years, and I still don't have any friends. Not one. I'm not exactly shy or anti social...more like I've just dropped off the face of the earth. I can remember freshman year, I'd participate in classes and stuff, joined clubs and all that jazz. But nothing really fit. By the end of freshman year I had dropped out of every single club and still couldn't tell you the names of anyone in any of my classes. I'm not quite sure, anymore, where it went wrong, where something fell out of place. But sophmore year came and went...I guess you could say I've been going through the motions, but not saying any of the words. I wake up, I go to school, I go home, I go to sleep. Repeat. Nothing more, nothing less.

------------------------
I walk over to the girl sitting under MY tree.
"What the fuck are you doing?" I demand.
Nice. Way to go. You're sure to make loads of friends that way, Amie.