Don't Give Up On Me

Part 01

Image

---


Delilah, you're typical girl that personally just wanted to be left alone.

Ah, yes the new girl at your local public high school in New Jersey.

Moved from California to a 'better life' with her mom.

Today would be her first day in high school.

She wasn't scared, or nervous.

She just wanted to get through with it.

Being teased all her life, if only they knew.

Having no real friends she could keep, her only best friend was her trusty iPod with her 24/7 day and night fully charged.

*Delilah's POV*

"Get up Delilah." Bella whispered in my ear as I felt her crawl in bed with me.

Best little sister you could have if you ask me.

"Okay Bell, mom get you cereal yet?" I asked her as I threw my legs over the edge of my bed with her in my arms.

"No, thats why I awoke you." She said as she started to suck on her thumb.

"Alright, if I get you cereal and turn cartoons on for you will you let me get ready for school?" I asked her as I headed down the hallway to find beer bottles lying around, making sure I didn't step on any.

She nodded yes and I put her in her high chair, the only clean place in this shithole.

"Why do you have a metal thing hanging out of you're lippy sissy?" She asked me as she noticed my lip ring glimmering in the sun light that shown through a window.

"Don't tell mommy okay? And it's there because I'm a big girl and you're not." I thought up quickly as I made her cereal.

"Okay, and I won't tell mommy I pwomise." She said as she nodded as I handed her cereal.

"Alright now let me get ready and I will take you to daycare." I said as I turned on the t.v to one of her favorite shows.

"Okay sissy." She said as she was already involved into the t.v.

***

I got out of the shower and got dressed and slipping on my black and white chucks.

"Come on Bell." I said as I fulyl dressed her and grabbed her sweater on the way out.

"Get me some more beer when you get back from school." I heard my mom say from wherever she was.

"Mom, I'm 17 it's not legal, bye." I called not waiting for a response.

"Why does mommy drink Beer lilah?" Bella asked me as I held her hand tightly as we walked through the brisk cold to her daycare.

"Because, it's her problem. Something that she hasn't gotten over. I will pick you up after school alright?" I told her as I kissed her lightly on her forehead as we walked up the steps to her daycare.

"Alright lilah, unlike you mommy forgets about me." Bella said as I felt my heart sink even deeper.

"Thats why I'm here Bell." I said as I let go of her hand as she ran of not responding to what I said.

Yea, it's true my mom didn't even care about her two daughters.

Bella didn't know the worst side of my mom.

I never let my mom unleash that in front of her.

Even though I've been through it on a daily basis growing up.

I care for Bella, more then anything.

I can't let her live the lifestyle I did when I was her age.

I walked up to my new school.

Seeing kids scattered around talking and what not.

I gave a deep sigh and walked towards a nearby bench.

I saw no one near it or on it so I sat there.

I pulled out a random book I was reading and my ipod.

I opened up to my most recent page i was reading on and turned on my iPod to The Smashing Pumpkins, Tonight Tonight.

Yea, I was always a multi-tasker.

I felt someone was in my presence so I paused my iPod and looked up to see a guy.

Probably about the same age as me and a little taller then me.

Making me feel even more short then I already am.

"Hello." He said as he sat down to an unwelcomed seat next to me.

I didn't respond but just stared.

I didn't trust anyone, at all.

To many trust issues that have fallen through in my life and I'm not going through it again.

"I see you're shy, or you just don't trust me." He said as he gave a nervous smile at me.

"You have the second part right." I replied as I turned my attention to my book.

"Well, you don't have to trust me but the name's Frank." He said as he held out a hand.

"Delilah." I replied as I just looked at his hand and looked away.

"Oh, and this is Gerard, Mikey, Bob, and Ray." He said as I looked up to see more guys crowded around me.

"Oh great." I replied sarcastically as I kept my attention to my book.