Status: Currently Editing

My Story

Chapter Seventeen

Matt’s point of view

When the door burst open to reveal the five firefighters come to our rescue I was more annoyed than glad. They had kept us waiting for so long and I was super hungry, you have no idea. It had been hours since the fire first started and darkness had fallen by the time they got us out of there. Amy was unconscious and Holly was asleep (I didn’t dare wake her, she had had a rough day) so we had to carry them out.

When we reached the oval I could see that the last remnants of the fire were being put out. Between the time that we had entered the fire and come out of it, most people had gone home, but there were still a few people (some randoms that had nothing to do with the school) who had stayed to watch the school either being burned down or being saved.

I looked around the oval, Holly had been set don next to me and Amy had been taken on a stretcher to the ambulance where her distraught parents awaited her. I saw Amy’s mother get on the ambulance with her and they drove off.

Her father looked around before approaching us. Holly was still sound asleep on the grass so he directed his words to me, “Son,” he said, “I’d just like to thank you for… saving my daughter. We really appreciate it and are glad that Amy has such great friends like you and Holly,” he spoke so formally, then he turned to Holly, sound asleep and smiled, “You two stay safe now, alright?”

I nodded and shook hands with him. He walked off towards his car and drove off, towards what I assumed was the way to the hospital.

“Matthew!” I groaned (I hated being called Matthew) but at the same time I was grinning. I turned around to se my one and only mother, followed closely by my father and Holly’s parents.

“Mum!” I called. I stood up and my mother hugged me, “Mum, can’t breathe,” I choked.

I heard my mother’s familiar laugh then I felt her wet kiss.

Ugh, “Mum,” I complained.

“Ah, always the same, “she taunted.

I turned to my dad and we exchanged a quick hug, “Thought we’d lost you there son,” he said, patting me on the back

“When we got the phone call from the fire department, we were so frightened,” my mum went on.

I chuckled, “Don’t worry mum, I’m fine.”

“Oh Holly,” I heard Holly’s mum cry as she approached us.

“Don’t worry, she’s just asleep, “I reassured them.

She sighed then and Holly’s dad went to pick her up, but her eyes fluttered open.

“Mum? Dad?” she asked, turning her head this way and that.

“Yes, sweetie?” her mum asked.

I heard her sigh and I held in a laugh, “Put me down dad,” she told her father.

I smiled; it was funny to think that they still treated her like a child, although she did act like on sometimes.

“Matt?” she asked turning to me.

“Yeah?”

“Come here,” she walked forward and hugged me, “thanks for helping, I’m so glad you safe.”

“Same here,” I sighed, returning the hug.

“Holly,” Holly’s dad began, “I think it’s time we went home.

“Yes,” my dad agreed.

“But dad!” We said in unison. I laughed.

“No way dad, we’re going to go see Amy in the hospital,” Holly told us, “wait,” she turned to me, “she did go to the hospital right?”

“Yeah of course, her parents went with her,” I said, “ Dad,” I turned to him, “Lets go see Amy, Please?”

“Hmmmm…. Well, I don’t know son,” my father rubbed his neck.

“Oh pish posh, of course we can Matthew,” my mum said.

“Yes, wonderful,” Holly’s mum said.

If you ask me, everyone was being a little bit too happy, we did just escape death, didn’t we?

<*************************>

Amy’s point of view

I woke up to find myself in a lumpy mattress, situated in a room that looked and smelled a lot like a hospital. There was no one in the room but me and was eager to discover how I had gotten here.

“Hello?” I called, “Somebody? Anybody?”

I heard footsteps outside the room and then a very familiar voice.

“Amy?” Mum! Who else would it be?

“Mum,” I called as I saw her step through the door, walk over to me and sit down on my hospital bed.

“How are you feeing, honey?” she asked me.

I gave her that look, the confused one, “Yes, I’m fine. Why are we in the hospital? What happened?” I asked, confused.

“You mean you don’t remember?” She asked me.

I shook my head, what was she talking about?
♠ ♠ ♠
See, I don't lie
=)