Status: Currently Editing

My Story

Chapter Twenty-Four

Amy’s Point of View

The boy names Matt had just left and I was sitting alone in my hospital room. How did people stand this? I was so bored. I couldn’t remember what I liked doing in my spare time but I wish I could, not that it would help me now; I was a prisoner.

I thought back to just before Matt left. It annoyed me that I still couldn’t remember him. He claimed to be my friend but how could I trust him when it felt as if I had never even met him before. I racked my brain for some trace of him, a memory, something, even if it was a bad one. I just needed something to tell me who I was. The only thing I remembered was my name and who my parents were. I didn’t even know what hobbies I had, or if I had any at all. Did I play a sport? Instrument? Was I smart? Popular? Who was I? I now knew—and sympathized—how people with memory loss felt. Not remembering anything about their lives, or their family’s. I slapped myself on the forehead. Why could I remember that but not remember anything about my life? I had hoped that I would wake up this morning and remember everything about my life, after that flash back I’d had yesterday. I was still determined to find out what that was about, my best bet was to ask the girl named Holly about it, but I didn’t know when she would visit again, or if she was. Perhaps she gave me up as I lost, but I didn’t want to think about that.

Luckily for me I had a television in my room. Grabbing the remote and lying back down on my freshly fluffed pillows I switched the T.V on. I didn’t know what my favourite shows were, so I settled with a show on channel seven. From what I could tell it was a comedy about nothing in particular, just a bunch of people falling down and getting hurt. I didn’t find it very funny but who was I to judge. I lay back and closed my eyes, listening to the laughter emitting from the television and soon sleep over took me.

Holly’s Point of View

I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. I was a mess. All my makeup was smudged and my cheeks were blotchy. My hair—I didn’t even know what happened there—it was a mess too. I was thank-full that I had managed to find an empty bathroom. Not many people came to this side of Knox, it was too far away from everything.

I dampened a bit of paper towel and attempted to clean myself up. I managed to get all the makeup off and I didn’t look so bad anymore. I tidied up my hair as best as I could and left the bathroom before I could be interrupted by any prying eyes.

I had come out just near RIOT! The are and craft shop near the little kids playground. It wasn’t even 5:00 yet and didn’t want to call my parents to come pick me up now, so instead I decided to go see a movie. I went down the escalator and crossed the street into the ozone. The cinema was just a little was ahead. Knox had changed a lot since it was first built. For one thing the ozone wasn’t always here and then the ozone itself had changed much over time. There use to be a lot of clothes shops along the stretch leading to the cinema, but they all eventually were moved to the shopping center only to be replaced by restaurants’. I never ate here though, the food wasn’t very appetizing to me, I preferred the food court where I could order my favourites: McDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks, Subway and so on.

The line to buy tickets was short at this time and I was grateful that I wouldn’t have to stand around in a line for five minutes pondering my disastrous date with Justin. I needed a distraction, something to take my mind off things. I chose the movie that was just about to play; I was in no need to wait.

I came in halfway through the adverts of the Hannah Montana movie. There weren’t many people in the cinema at this time, those who were consisted of little kids and their parents. My ticket was for a seat in the middle but I decided to take one at the back instead, I didn’t want anyone looking at me. I settled into my seat and grabbed a handful of popcorn—there hadn’t been a long line for that either so I decided to knock myself out—and began chewing on a piece.

“Well, look who’s here,” came a snide voice from behind me.

I looked around, surprised and also dreading what I was about to lay eyes upon. “Olivia. Chase,” I said in acknowledgement.

“Holly,” Chase said, ”what are you doing here?”

“Well I did come here to enjoy a movie but I think that hope had been short lived,” I replied.

“All by yourself are you?” Came the same snide voice as before, Olivia’s voice.

“Yes,” I said grudgingly, “not that it’s any of your business.”

“Hmm, I guess not,” Olivia, said a little to happily.

I gave her the death stare as they went down the stairs and took their seats a few rows in front of me. I could here them whispering, it was more of stage whisper; they definitely wanted me to overhear them. I blocked them out though. I had no intention of listening to their conversation or letting anything they say get to me. I picked up another handful of popcorn and began chewing loudly.

When the lights finally went down, indicating that the movie was about to start, everyone fell silent, including Chase and Olivia. As the opening credits began I remember which movie I was watching and openly laughed at the fact that Olivia had convinced Chase to go to see Hannah Montana with her. Clearly he would do anything for her—or anything to keep her. I thought back to the day of my birthday, when Chase and Michael had begun acting weird and claiming their undying love for me. We had all laughed at the mysterious behavior and their sudden change in it too. Certainly after that display Chase would have to make it up to Olivia. She was after all the most popular girl in our year level and the hottest I admitted grudgingly. He wouldn’t want to lose her to another jock. I laughed at what people would to for love—well teenage love anyway.

As the movie progressed I watch as Miley/Hannah dealt with her problems, her friendship with Lily put on the edge when Miley came Lily’s birthday party as Hannah Montana, stealing the lime light from her. Then when her father tells her that she can no longer be Hannah. Of course Miley problems were nothing like mine. My so-called boyfriend had just insulted me on our first date and my best friend was now in hospital because she couldn’t remember anything. Life use to be so simple. So care free, full of laughter and sunny days. The most stressful thing in my life was homework and I never fought with my friends. It was strange to think that the life I use to lead only ended a few days ago. The day of my birthday to be precise, the day I turned sixteen, something had changed drastically that day, and—as I thought now—it wasn’t for the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
11:07 I have to go to bed soon, but here's a chapter for youse.
Thanks for reading
=)