Status: Currently Editing

My Story

Chapter Three

"Um.. Sorry would be nice," I said to them. Chase and Michael just stared back at me, their mouths hanging open, I wouldn't be surprised if they started drooling all over their clothes.

"Hello?" Mathew snickered, "she asked for an apology!"

Suddenly they snapped out of their trance, "I'm so sorry, Holly. I don't know what came over me! Will you please forgive me?" Chase blabbered.

Was this a joke? Chase had only ever been a jerk to me, what was with the sudden change?

"Uh... sure," I said, uncertain of what to do.

"Oh thank god," Michael stuck his hands up in front of him, like he was praying.

Chase got down on one knee leaned forward and-

"Hey! What's taking so long?" It was Olivia Hastings, Chase's girlfriend, the biggest bitch on the planet. When Olivia wanted something, she had to have it.

The boys head snapped around, they took one look at Olivia then turned back around, like they didn't even care.

"Hello?" Olivia walked forward, "Oh, it's you."

"Gee, thanks. It's nice to see you too Olivia," Amy sneered. Olivia just ignored her.

I only just realized how weird the scene must look to an outsider. Amy was propped up on her knees, a look of malice on her face; Mathew was standing, the soccer ball still tucked underneath his right arm; Michael, just standing there; Chase, still on one knee, staring into my eyes and then there was me, sitting cross legged on the grass and with no idea of what was really happening. What a weird day this was turning out to be.

"Chase," Olivia said, coming up behind him and rubbing his shoulders, I hoped they wouldn't start kissing, they were so disgusting.

But to my surprise, Chase did something totally unexpected, he shook off her hands and stood up. "What are you doing?" he asked her.

Michael turned to stare at Olivia, a total look of disgust on his face.

"Honey," Olivia looked extremely surprised by Chase's sudden change of mood that she turned on me, "What did you do?"

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything, I've been sitting here the whole time!" I defended myself.

Funnily enough she let it slide, she was up to something, I could tell. "That's a nice necklace you have there," she complimented.

"Yeah! And it's not yours," Amy said, standing up. She really hated Olivia.

"Oh I know," Olivia said, placing her hands on her hips, "I was just warning you, jewelry like that can get you into lots of trouble," she waved her hand dramatically.

"Thanks for the warning Olivia, but I don't need your help," I said, tucking my necklace back under my shirt.

"Sure you don't," Olivia smiled and started walking off.

In that moment the strangest thing happened, suddenly Chase and Michael started looking around, like they didn't know were they were.

"What the?" Michael said.

After looking around for a while they finally seemed to realize where they were. "Oh, hey, Holly!" Chase was back to his usual self. "You do know geeks aren't allowed in this zone." Michael laughed.

Olivia rolled her eyes and kept walking, "Hey babe, wait up! You didn't think you were going without me did you?" Chase ran to keep up with Olivia.

"Of course not baby," Olivia said, grabbing hold of Chase's hand, "Come on, lets go." She and Chase walked off.

"Yeah, see you, losers," Michael held his hand up to his forehead and made the shape of an L there. Mathew tossed him the soccer ball and Michael ran off laughing.

"Well, that was weird," I said, turning towards my friends.

"Yeah," Amy agreed, sitting back down.

Mathew sat back down to, "Yeah," he said, "very weird. Did you see the way Chase and Michael were staring at you, it was like they were in a trance. And then did you notice how quickly they snapped out of it when you put the necklace back in."

"Yeah, that was really strange and I hope it never happens again," I said with a nervous laugh.

"They were probably just messing with you, I mean come on, they are complete jerks." Amy suggested.

"I guess, but they must be pretty good actors to pull something like that off." I stated.

"Maybe," Mathew thought.

"What?" Amy asked.

"Maybe, they weren't joking," he continued, "maybe something caused them to act so strange," he stared in my direction, but I could tell he wasn't staring at me.

I reached into my shirt, feeling for the chain. I pulled out the necklace, I knew there was something special about it, I knew that from the beginning, but could my necklace really be the reason Chase and Michael had acted so strange?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is my third chapter, I hope you liked it.

Comments please =)