Demon wings

Distractions

Kira shook her head " no it cant be, I cant even fly straight" she argued weakly staring at herself. " Plus" She giggled, trying to force the fear away with humor, " I would never wear that". She giggled to herself and then let her head hang down, staring at the floor. Vash put his arm around her and pulled her into a playful hug.

Kira laughed as Vash tickled her. His eyes were lost in happiness, for a moment. The voice that took Kira over earlier sang from the portrait. ' My dear Shade, is that you?' as soon as the voice sounded Vash let go of Kira and fell to his knees to a kneel. Kira looked him over then the picture.

The painting was coming to life, but couldn't leave the wall. She shifted and flapped her wings to keep in the air. Her eyes faded into a light hazel, almost like Kiras. She scanned Kira then Vash. She seemed sad that this Shade wasnt there. She sighed and looked to Vash. ' Who are you? Why did you touch my power?'. She didn't seem so much mad as curiose.

Vash was almost sweating, he finally spoke in a shaky voice. " I'm just a lone demon my Goddess. Nothing worthy of speaking to you." She grinned, but Vash couldn't know. ' Then, Vash, why did you touch my power? Why could I feel you touching her, giving her ...joy?' she had to search for the last word, as if joy had died in her.

Vash shook his head, " I do not know my Goddess" Kira went to walk to Vash, but a glare told her to stay away. She stopped and looked back to the picture who was now looking her over. She pulled her eyes away from the Goddesses. ' How are you? If you ever need anything from me, come here, I shalt deny my blood. And you Vash don't be her Shade, don't let her heart go cold, I can feel her warmth and pain from here. Heal her and protect her. You are her guard now , Adrien will be notified of this. Kira I wish you well, strength and wisdom.' Vash smiled as the Goddess gave him permission to carry out his original promise.

Kira watched as Vash stood up and the Goddess fade back to her pose. Kira hugged Vash and smiled. She giggled " My Shade." she whispered in his ear, making him quiver. " Who was Shade?" She asked looking into Vashes eyes. Vash licked his lips and grabbed her hand, and started back to the room. On the way he told her.

" Shade was Tialas other half. Her power, her guardian, her love. He kept her safe as long as he could before he was destroyed and her heart turned to ice. After that she ruled with blood, she turned our blue moon, and sky blue eyes blood red. Newer demons have been given wings from the feathers off her back, which are now black and red. We used to be white and blue. That's why cell and some others have lighter colored wings. They have been here for a long time. You and me are so much newer."

Kira nodded, her eyes felt heavy, it was probably three in the morning now, with no sleep. She was ready to collapse. That's what she did. Vash set her in the bed and took his shirt off again, he didn't climb into bed with her though. She wanted her to, his warmth was a gift she cherished. Instead he took a chair and sat by the door, then falling asleep in the chair.

She awoke to him still sleeping. She smiled and grabbed up her hoodi jeans, shoes, and such, and ran to the bathroom. It was wonderful, there was a shower! Yes she bathed, but her mother was stingy with the soap and hot water, so Kira barely had a chance to really clean herself.

She searched cupboards and found a razor, one of the new models, she almost squealed with joy. She found silky shaving cream and shaved her legs and pits. She took the longest shower she thought was possible and jumped out. She screamed as she saw Vash standing in the doorway. He turned away quickly, blushing and smiling.

Kira cursed at him and he shut the door. ' Pervert' she thought and got dressed, she towel dried her hair and decided to let it air dry, she never liked blow driers. She came out of the room to see Vash sitting on the bed biting his lip. She softened her eyes and sat next to him. " I just...don't want to lose you " he said not looking up to her. She hugged his arm and smiled " You wont " She said softly.

Vash looked up and smiled to her, and she back to him. They slowly started to close the gap between their lips. Kira closed her eyes, and a knock at the door separated them.