Demon wings

Unheard promise

Vash woke in the middle of the night or early morning to Kiras rkcing of the bed. It was dark out so he couldent tell. He sat up slightly and looked at her. Her back was to him, her wings flicking nervously. She was holding herself and bent over, rocking back and foreth. Vash wanted to reach out and touch her. he dident, he knew no one wanted his touch. So he dident burden her with it.

He sighed and in a gental voice said " Kira?" She stoped and tilted her head to show she was listening. Vash tried to see her eyes but couldent " Whats wrong?" He asked gentaly again. She shook her head and layed back down, her back to him.

He egded closer and heard her begin to sob quitely. Vash sat next to her, he could lean over to see her face now but dident want to make her feel worse or anyting like that. Hesitantly he put his hand just above her waist and gentaly moved his middle finger in a circle. She flinched at his touch at first. Tencing up, but after a munite she relaxed and foucused on his touch.

Kira sniffled and turned to him, looking into his eyes. Vash smiled to her then looked down from her stare. He felt her hand on his, he looked up to see her wet eyes on his hand and hers. He smiled and stoped all motion. He looked up to her and smiled " You ok now?" he asked. Kira just looked him over for a second, then she pulled herself up and pulled him into a hug.

Vash almost pulled away but instead he closed his eyes and tightly squeazed her. All of the sudden he heard them crying out for help, his mother, father, sister and girlfriend all being killed. A tear fell from his eye, the first time since it happend and he only held on to Kira tighter.

A few minutes later Kira sighed, " Im sorry, I dident mean to wake you, I shouldent be freaking out compared to what youve been through. Im sorry" She said again placing her head where his neck and shoulder met.

Vash shook his head and Kira pulled her head back to look in his eyes. " Its the same" He whisperd avoiding her gaze. " What do you mean?" She asked wanting to lock eyes with him. He looked at her hazel eyes with his deep blue ones, " What happend, its the same, mabye not the details but the outcome lead to scars, blood and here." He said trying to force the pictures from his mind. Kira tightend her grip on him nodding.

"Im still sorry" She said pulling him back into the full hug. He looked down at her " Why?" He asked confused, Vash could feel her smile agenst himself, "I woke you up. " Vash smiled and layed her back down, then layed down himself.

He looke at her, and her to him once more, thier eyes asked each other, finally Kira nodded and got closer to Vash, he threw his arm around her and she dug her head into his chest. Kira fell asleep not long after, Vash stayed awake a little more.

He looked down to her hair and ran his fingers threw it, and stroked her wings. ' You will save us' he thought to himself closeing his eyes, ' Ill teach you, Ill stay by your side' He frowned and hated him self for a split second before opening his eyes and looking to her. In a hushed whisper he said " I wont run and let you die."

(( to my one subscriber and 18 some readers, comments?))