10 More Minutes With You

Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying

Chapter 15

“Gee,” I started, tentatively. “Do you wanna talk to Mikey? You know, apologize and stuff.” I watched his face carefully. It didn’t change. He just nodded then stood up and started walking towards his brother’s room. This lack of emotion scarred me. Gerard was normally anything but unemotional. I followed slowly behind Gerard, lost in my own thoughts. When I reached Mikey’s room, the door was already open. I saw Gerard standing just inside the door.

“Mikey. I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me, or why I did what I did. But I’m really sorry Mikes. You’re my brother, and you were right. About everything. I should have never treated you like I did. I’m sorry.” Gerard smiled sweetly and Mikey. Mikey, who was sitting at the edge of his bed, watching his brother, jumped up and embraced him in a huge hug.

“I love you Gee. You’re the best brother I could ever ask for. I know you’re going through stuff right now, so it’s understandable that you cracked for a moment. But maybe it wouldn’t happen again if you talked to us about what was going on. We might be able to help.”

“I already broke up with her. Today.” Mikey tightened his grip on his brother, then eventually they ended they’re hug. Things returned to somewhat normal. We all hung out in Mikey’s room until around 2 in the morning. Then Gerard announced he was gonna go to bed. Frank and I decided just to crash in the Way’s family room.

I was woken up a few hours later by crying. I nudged Frank next to me. He rubbed his eyes and looked at my questioningly, then he heard the crying to. We got up and walked down the hall to that held Gerard and Mikey’s bedrooms. We stopped outside Gerard’s room, where the sobs were coming from. Slowly, I opened the door.

“Gee?” I said as I walked into his room. Gerard was sitting at his desk with his head on his arms. “Gerard?” I said, louder this time. He didn’t move, the sobbing didn’t waver. I walked over and ran my hands gently through his hair, then slowly lifted his head up. That’s when I saw his arm.

A shiny red liquid was flowing out of Gerard’s left arm. I panicked. Frank must have heard my gasp from the hallway. He walked in and saw Gerard’s arm as well. “Fuck,” he said as he took his shirt off and wrapped it tightly around the cut. I looked around at the desk, there was hardly any blood. He had just cut himself. Even though it was obvious it was deep, he hadn’t lost much blood, so no hospital trips would be necessary. While Frank applied pressure to the cut, I left to go wake up Mikey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tomorrow is my last day of school, so hopefully I'll update more, and they'll be longer. Please comment.