10 More Minutes With You

Don't Call It a Comeback

Chapter 25
Jessica’s POV

“JESS!” I faintly heard a voice call from somewhere far away. Footsteps running. Getting louder and louder. A rattling sound. A door handle? “OH SHIT! GEE!” The door flew open. A figure crouched down beside me. Footsteps approached and another figure appeared. Two sets of hands reached for me and pulled me out.

“Jess? Jess!!” A familiar voice said desperately. I felt something on my upper thigh. Something was pushing down hard. I moved me left hand, trying to stop the pressure, but I couldn’t control my body. It seemed like time stopped for a few minutes. Nothing changed. The pressure stayed, and two sets of quite sobs came from the figures near me.

“Okay. I think it’s stopped bleeding.” The other voice said, in a weak, shaky tone. They took of my clothes and washed the blood off me. Then they dried me off and pulled a pair of basketball shorts and an old tee shirt on me. “Help me get her to her bed.” The voice whispered. This time it sounded more familiar. “Why don’t you grab her some food?” he said calmly to the crying boy. I heard the footsteps retreat. Then someone started playing gently with my hair. “Jess.” It mumbled weakly. That’s when it hit me. It was Gerard!

“G- Gee.” I spoke, testing the strength of my voice. A chocked sob came from him, then my eyes flittered open and I looked up at his sad, hurt face. “I’m sorry.” My voice trembled. I truly was sorry and completely ashamed of what I’d done.

“I know hun. It’s okay.” He cooed. Then Mikey came in with a cartoon of ice cream, and 3 bowls and spoons. When he saw my eyes open, fixed on him, he smiled and pulled me into a gentle hug. I noticed his eyes were red and puffy from crying. Man, I really messed up.

We sat around in my room and ate ice cream, trying to pretend nothing had happened. Eventually, I drifted off into a restless sleep, Mikey and Gerard on either side of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry once again it's short. I'm already working on more (Arn't you proud it's not taking me forever?) School got cancelled all this week cause swine flu (which is awesome, cause no one at my school even has it but school was still cancelled) so I have lots of free time. I'm gonna try to update at least every other day, but no promises 'cause my friends and I have plans to party. :]

Please please comment!