10 More Minutes With You

Thousand Mile Wish

Chapter 4
Jessica’s POV
The coffee machine beeped, bringing me back from my thoughts. I poured myself a cup of my favorite drink in the world, took a few aspirins, then went into the bathroom to shower. The warm water ran over my body and soothed the pounding in my head.

I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around myself, then headed into my room to get ready for my day. Once I was dressed, I brushed my hair and was deciding what to do with it when my phone rang. I checked the caller I.D. before answering and saw that it was Meg. She and I could be extremely crazy, and she was my ‘party friend’. She was also the girl that I trusted the most.

“Hey,” I answered cheerfully.

“Hey, Jessy,” I could hear the smile in her voice. “Let’s do crazy shit around the mall today! And besides, I could use some new shirts that say random crap,” Saying ‘wanna go shopping with me?’ was just too boring for her I thought as I laughed softly to myself.

“Sounds fun, pick me up?” I replied. I didn’t have a car, so I always had to get rides with someone. And besides, even if I did have a car, I wouldn’t be able to drive it cause I’m not 16 yet.

“You bet! I’ll see you in 20 minutes!” She hung up. I finished getting ready, deciding on leaving my hair down, and went into the kitchen. I figured I would eat at the mall, so I just made my dad a ham sandwich and set it on a plate in the fridge.

A knock on the door told me that Meg had arrived. I rushed to open the door before she knocked louder, waking up my still sleeping dad. We walked out to her car in slightly strange silence. The silence was soon broken as she turned her car on, her stereo along with it.

She had an earthquake on her mind.

The sweet sound of The Used filled the car.

I almost heard her cry out as I left her far behind
And knew the world was crashing down around her.

I thought about that line for a while. I remember when I used to hear those words and I would remember feeling like that song described me perfectly. Now as I listened to them, I felt a weight lift off me. I would be fine if he left me far behind. The world wouldn’t crash down around me this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like it. comment please. :]