House of Wolves

The Notice Board

Residents in The House Of Wolves woke up early that day. It was their first day in a new school, and for old students, it was the first day of the new semester. It was only 7.20 am,40 minutes before the bell but most of the students’ rooms were already empty.

American girl, Kayla Nile dragged her backpack, locked her door and walked to the room opposite of hers. She knocked twice but nobody was answering, and she knocked harder.

“Jenna! We’re gonna be late!” Kayla said, banging on her new friend’s room. The door swung open and Jenna, who was still clad in her yellow pyjama rubbed her eyes and she looked at Kayla with sleepy eyes.

“What time is it?” she asked. Kayla glanced at her watch.

“7.20 am, come on. Everyone’s already at Bekynton!”

Jenna gasped. “Oh no!” She ran back into her room, and while holding a toiletries basket in one hand and a towel in the other, she ran to the bathroom at the end of the hallway.

Kayla sighed. She walked among the new faces she didn’t knew and walked down the maple staircase. When she got to the first floor, she saw a bunch of girls were circling around the notice board.

“Oh no. It cant be!” A girl in long blonde ponytail shrieked.

“Oh, chill London. It’s not like he’s really doing that!” Her friend Taylor said. Another girl, Kii Kii was trying her best to hide her purple highlights inside her jet black hair.

“Damn it!” She cursed and threw the bobby pins to the floor. “Those purples just refused to hide!” She complained. Charlotte came and read the notice board and like the other girls, she gasped. She turned to Kii Kii and made a gesture to her hair.

“You better hide those purples, Kii Kii. Mr. Way was complaining about this little pink strips of mine yesterday…” Charlotte said and pulled her neatly hidden pink strands underneath her black hair. The other girls turned to Charlotte and some of them started giggling.

“What? It’s not like I have a whole pink head!” Charlotte protested.

Madison,a brown haired girl came and read the notice board. She shook her head.

“But he was so nice to us last night…” She muttered under her breath. Maegan, who stood beside her, nodded.

“Yeah, if it’s not for someone who messes up the whole House Assembly last night…” Maegan said coldly.

“Oh no! Is it me???“ Rebecca said, her eyes were as wide as a deer’s caught in a headlight.

Maegan shook her head. “ No, not you… Someone else…“

Polly moved her gaze from the notice board to Maegan and shot her an angry look.

“Hey, what’s your problem!” Polly screamed. Both girls looked at each other and Maegan, who refused to let Polly get into her, walked away to Bekynton.

Bekynton Hall ie House Of Wolves residents’ dining hall was situated at the end of the East Wing of the building. Every residents eat their meals, which were served six times a day- in an extravagant dining hall and one look at it, one will immediately think of Hogwarts’ Dining Hall, minus the floating candles and headless ghosts. Apart from that, Bekynton Hall offered a wide variety of food to suit everyone students' needs- vegetarian and halal food are also available upon request.

As the time passed, more girls started to walk to the dining hall, leaving a small crowd at the notice board.

“That is so evil…” Britt said, pointing to the A4 size note on the notice board. The other girls nodded.

Posted on the empty notice board, was a warning notice from the House Master himself.

Image

“Oh my God…” Sophie said, cupping her mouth. Ana, a girl with long, brown and curly hair stared at the notice admiringly.

“He looked nice…” Ana said softly, but loud enough for the other girls to hear.

“Oh no…” Sophie turned to her and cupped her mouth again.

“Ana! You…totally…like him!” Sophie shrieked. Ana shook her head and pulled her hair to cover her reddened cheeks. She stared to the floor, while her cheeks began to blush more.

“No I’m not…. He’s…old…” She said, her gaze was still fixed to the floor.

“Nuh uh!!! He’s only 29!” Britt added. The other girls started to gather around Ana and teased her. Ana kept her head down while her hair was twisting around her finger.

“Stop it guys… I don’t…Like him..” She said softly.

“Okay…If you don’t like him, then you don’t mind me doing this…” Ean took out a black marker pen from her Outdoor backpack and started scribbling something on the notice. She then re-capped her marker, stepped back, and admiring her creative addition to the House Master’s warning notice.

The girls gasped.

“OH.MY.GOD!” they all shrieked at once.

*********************************************