Kiss Me, I'm Contagious

I GOT IT FROM MY MOMMA

The room that Nancy led me to had peachy pink walls, white lace curtains, and a runway in the middle of it. An enormous beauty shot of Nancy was draped on one side of the wall, with the words Catwalk printed across it in a fancy font. I felt the same queasy feeling I got in my stomach when I first stepped into Brittany’s room. Too much pink gives me one hell of a headache.

“What do you think?” Nancy gushed happily as she clapped her hands twice. Immediately, Claire exploded out from behind the curtains on the runway and began strutting down.

“Ooo, nice.” I blurted out stupidly a little shocked by the sudden music. Nancy admired Claire as she began explaining.

“This chiffon dress was custom made for Claire. Isn’t it just splendid? It just flows in the wind and has all the colours of summer on it.”

Ha ha ha. How fucking ironic.

“Wow, that’s so...rad?” I grinned and shrugged my shoulders. Call me shallow but I just don’t know how to appreciate a piece of cloth that’s so translucent that I can make out Claire’s double Ds.

“And guess what? The designer called this dress Claire. It’s going to be out in stores soon.” Claire hopped off the raised platform and babbled excitedly to me.

“Cool.” I said to her boobs.

“You really think so?” I quickly looked back up at her face. “What do you like most about it?” Her eyes as big as a puppy’s.

I reached for the material dangling from her sleeves and touched it randomly. “Well, I like that it’s so...clothy...ish.” I cleared my throat. “You know, I would just so totally buy it.” I nodded my head repeatedly at her.

“Oh my God, she would buy it!” Claire squealed happily. Then, she twirled around the room like a ballerina, cheering. Just when I thought I was safe, she swiveled her head round and beamed at me.

“Come, come, come, come, come!” She yelped as she tugged me towards the toilet. Nancy just nodded and smiled at us both approvingly, as though her two daughters were having a bonding session. “You have to try it on too!” She fished out another identical dress and shoved me into the toilet with her.

“No! I wouldn’t want to ruin it!” I lied as I fought her hands that were trying to pull off my shirt.

“Aww, come on! This would be fun! Both of us wearing the same dress! Like BFFs!” She giggled and continued tugging my shirt.

“BFFs?” I exclaimed in utter horror, smacking her hands as they reached for me. We struggled around the small bathroom and knocked down a plastic bottle of bathing soap. Claire then broke out in girly peals of laughter again.

“Aw come on, Summer! Please, please, please?” She begged and I sighed heavily.

“Fine.” I pushed my hair back. “Just let me do it myself okay. Now, turn around.” I gestured for her to face the toilet bowl and she did so obediently. Quickly, I undressed myself and put the dress on. It was so light on my skin that I felt like I was wearing nothing.

Almost on cue, Claire spun around and gasped.

“You look too cute!” She screeched and then swung the door open, revealing a chuckling Nancy on the other side.

“Okay, done. I wore the dress. Can I go change now?” I pleaded monotonously and the Princess Claire gave me her approval. Sometimes I wonder why I can be so hard-headed, yet such a pushover at the same time.

“...happening to you...bummer...sister?” I made out a few words of the faint voice that was getting louder by every second. Hmm, what a strangely familiar voice.

But before I could turn to make my way back to the safety of the toilet, Zack and Alex appeared in front of me. Both of them had their jaws hanging open and were staring at me in that ridiculous dress. My face felt immediately hot and I gulped, upon remembering how see-through the dress was.

Oh God, why didn’t you give me double Ds?
♠ ♠ ♠
:)