Death Breath

In Time ...

I felt a little better knowing Briana was near me, but that only went so far.
Apparently Oliver was my ‘owner’ and he liked stepping in from time to time to tease me as much as he could. It was purely awful. My eyes never stopped tearing anymore, and the cold metal wristband was starting to hurt.

“Ello, my dear.” I screamed instinctively at the voice. It had been days since his last visit, I should have been expecting this, but it scared me anyway. “Aw, is my love upset?” I screamed again, this time with anger. I hated it when he called me love, like he even cared about me. “Or angry?” He found this amusing, and though I knew it would only make him find this more hilarious, I turned my head to finally look and glare at him. “Ah, such beautiful eyes.” His own widened with what I’d come to recognize as thirst.

I hadn’t believed Bri when she’s told me they were vampires. I argued that they were just sadistic men who got off on kidnapping. That is, until a few days ago, when Oliver started to boastfully show his fangs off.

“Stay away.” I yelled with pure hate and clutched to myself, burying my head in between my legs and chest. “Please.” I pleaded in a whisper, hoping he wouldn’t hear but at the same time knowing he would.

“’Fraid I can’t, deary.” He smirked. “You see, you are mine now, and it’s time to have a little taste of this luscious blood swimming in your veins.” My eyes widened even more with terror. He’d tortured and teased me about drinking from me, but never a direct command that he was going to. “Lovely, lovely eyes.” He murmured to himself as he stared at me and moved like a flash as he crouched down mere inches in front of me. I shuddered and pushed myself against the corner walls. “I think you’ll make an appealing vampire.” He grinned, showing his growing fangs and inching closer toward me.

“A vampire?” I breathed. I hadn’t expected that. I thought he would just kill me and get it down with, but he nodded and kept getting closer, moving at such a slow rate for him that I questioned whether he was only teasing again.

“Our first lady vampire.” His voice low and deep, filled with the desire I’d grown accustomed to, but with an edge to it. The edge of finally getting what he wants. I was frozen, more from fear than from the fact that even if I did move, I couldn’t go far. His breath gently hit my neck, the coldness of it making me shiver periodically.

It felt like we stayed like that for ages. My eyes were squeezed shut as hard as I could get them, but he just held the back of neck in his hands and let his breath hit my neck over and over. Teasing.

“No one knows what’s going to happen.” His voice broke the silent torment and I thought I felt him back away just the smallest amount. His tone was now contemplative, no longer holding that desire, but maybe just a hint of fear, was it? No, not fear. Oliver wasn’t afraid of anything, that’s part of what made him so scary. “But you smell so,” he paused in the middle of his sentence and something freezing touched my neck. I whimpered from fright, and then noticed there was no pain. It was only his nose, which he was now dragging up and down my neck, from just under my ear almost down to my collar bone, “delicious.” He finished and the rubbing stopped, but I felt his lips barely brush the tenderest part of my neck. My entire body tensed as the pressure against his lips increased, and then left. “In time,” Oliver murmured before his entire presences vanished. I opened my eyes slowly and saw nothing but the vacant room and the closed door. My handed drifted up to the spot on my neck, lightly touching it.

He’d only kissed me. And something was off about those last words, it wasn’t desire or thirst or cold, the tones I was used to from him, it was almost sweet and tender, like wanting but not in the way of wanting my blood. It felt wrong.

“Bri!?” I shout whispered and crawled to spot we’d found where the walls weren’t so thick and there was a small hole to hear each other better. “Bri.” I called again, praying she was awake.

“Are you alright?” Her voice sounded so small, so filled with terror, it hurt. Even though I was in the same situation and probably just as frightened, I still felt awful for her.

“I’m fine.” I lied. Oliver’s visits always shook me up a bit, this one was no exception. “How are you doing?” She responded with a fine too, but I wondered if I sounded just as fake as her when I said it. We were both mental wrecks. Though her vampire owner was much better than Oliver from what she’d told me. A newbie, as the clever Oli had called him. And also, from Bri and I’s short talks, he was attracted to her in a whole different way from the blood lust way.

“I’m scared Dee.” Briana muttered in between that lull of our conversation. I thought I could hear her sniffling too.

“I’m scared too Bri, but it’s okay. We’ll find a way out, I promise.” I couldn’t help but place my palm on the cold wall. She was only a foot, maybe two away. “I promise.” I mumbled more to myself and the wall than to her.

“Don’t promise what you can’t fulfill.” Briana laughed lightly and dryly, saying that classic phrase of Zack’s. Zack seemed so far away now, the whole party did. Our former lives were gone, and we’d probably die in this place eventually. “Night December.”

“Night Briana.” I cuddled up into a ball and laid my head on the dirty concrete floor, slowly drifting into my common nightmare sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long loves
: ] hopes you like and comment

Image
Oliver ; ]