Age Is a Number, Love Is a Word

No Return To Normal...For us.

Weeks passed and so had my birthday. I was really embarrassed because I had to be the one to tell everyone that the guys couldn't make it due to all of a sudden "illness." My dad is out of the country working with some band, which leaves me alone at my house as usual. I'll give Brian one thing, he is a man of his word. He did TRY to stay in touch with me but I refused to text or call him back. I didn't want to know how they were all doing. Brian was protective of me but he completely ditched me for the guys. Being sixteen in a world where all your friends and relatives are older then you, makes it hard for you to make friends your own age. I was always alone or out hanging with my older friends, which were limited. I could trust no one at my school because they all wanted to be my friends, except for a small group of people I did trust, because they knew of my dad's job and how much money he made.

I was walking up my drive-way, sweaty and hot, because I had just finished my everyday jog, and their was a black BMW parked in my driveway. I could hear the music blasting from the car even though all the windows were rolled up. The license plate read: SYN4ME. I put two and two together and knew it was Brian, so I walked into my house and acted like he wasn't even parked in front of my house. He left me for his friends, so why not abandon him?

I grabbed a water bottle from my fridge and fell back onto the black leather couch. I heard a familiar shuffle of feet and heard the door shut. Looks like Brian really does want to stay in touch.

"You were starting to worry me. I mean I've called and texted you for weeks and you never replied back." He said as he sat next to me, while taking off his black leather A7X jacket. My replied to what he said was a single shrug.

"Is everything okay at school?" He asked.

"It's summer..." I said dully as I sipped on my water.

"Listen Rox, I'm so sorry I didn't come to your party bu-."

"But your life .long friends are more important then some sixteen year old. I get it." I kept the same dull expression on my face and watched him shrug.

"No, it's not that! You're important to me to and you're important to the guys."

"Pssh! What are you here for, Brian?" I said with a little expression and sarcasm. I stood up and walked to the fridge to place my water back.

"I want you to come over to my cookout tonight. We all miss hanging with you."

"I don't want to co--."

"You're fucking coming, okay! I'll see you in my backyard at six tonight." He said, while grabbing his keys from the living room and leaving.

I was excited to get out of the house, and I was hoping that I could avoid Matt and make amends with Zack. I went upstairs and took a shower, then got dressed into a mini skirt with a black Misfits tank. Hair and make up followed, I wanted to look spectacular and for some reason I wanted to empress someone.

I pulled into Brian's driveway, behind a bunch of other cars, and walked into his backyard. It was like 6:40, so what I was late. At least I showed up to his party cookout thing. I walked through bunches of people, who had probably began their drinking before they got there. I caught a glimpse of Matt talking to some people, and made sure I flew under the radar of his eyesight. I felt a strong tap on my shoulder and was spun around.

"You're almost like an hour late!" Brian slurred. Yup, he was buzzed alright. "We've already started body shots and everything."

"Oh, well I'm seriously not drinking this time. Brian, I thought you were having a cookout not an orgy. I don't see any food, just alcohol and cigarettes." I laughed.

"Oh I thought that's what you do at a cookout?" He slurred as he staggered away.

I was going to be the loser with no alcohol, walking around socializing with no one. I gave up trying to look mysterious and sat down on a pool chair. Felt someone fall on the lounge chair behind me.

"Whoa, sweetie uh darling' I'm sure you're great in bed but uh I'm not in the mood for it right now. I mean we don't even know each other." The voice said as he pried the chick's hand off of his belt buckle.

"Whatever! You're so not my type anyway! Like hey M. Shadows, wait for me!" The random girl yelled as she jumped up to go snag Matt. I'm sure he'd fuck her. My back was faced toward the guy but I recognized his voice.

"Hey, I'm Zack." He said kindly.

"I know." I said getting up and walking off.

"Roxy? Hey, wait up!" He yelled, following me inside Brian's house.

"Now you want to talk?" I said in a vicious manner as I spun around to face him.

"If it's anyone that should be fucking pissed, it's me!" He said trying to keep his cool.

"You never wanted to give me the chance to really explain!"

"What's there that needs to be explained? You fucked my best friend when it was obvious that I had feelings for you." He said with a unreadable expression on his face.

"Oh, dis-in-case you are planning on fucking someone else's friend...There's some gin over there. Maybe you should get shit faced before you do it so you can tell people you don't remember what happened." He spat with fury and then walked outside to the front yard. I went after him like he had just went after me.

"Don't fucking throw words out like that. It's not cool. Zack, I just want us to be back to normal." I said walking up to him.

"You fucking threw our friendship away and everything else we had when you fucked him. So there is no return to normal for us." He said coldly.

I couldn't help but shiver from the coldness of his words. It seemed, in his eyes, that he stood by them to. I was going to either explain myself to him or fight him with words. Most likely both.
♠ ♠ ♠
What will happen between Roxy and Zacky?
and
Will Roxy drink or keep her promise this time?

If you've never commented on this before, I would love it if you would.

-Thanks to everyone who reads this story :)