Age Is a Number, Love Is a Word

You Can Block The Sun... But Can You Block Love?

We stood in Brian's house, giving each other an awkward look. I had no clue what to say to him because either way you looked at it, I was still acted like a drunken whore the night I slept with Matt. Zack finally broke eye contact and walked to the front yard and began to walk down the street. Before he walked off, he gave me a look, inviting me to come along.

"Can you forgive me?" I asked in almost a whisper. He shrugged and looked ahead.

"Well can you answer me?" I asked again.

"Can you please stop giving me a headache?" He stopped his walking and faced me.

"Fuck this, dude! Why do I bother you so much?"

"Because I liked you and you fucked up on purpose!" He fired back.

"It wasn't on purpose and you know it! I was fucking drunk. And what do you mean liked?"

"I liked you. It's the past tense form, meaning that I don't like you anymore."

I turned to the side and tried to remain strong. I think he realized that his words were impacting me because he looked at me with pity in his eyes.

"I wish you would act your age and stop acting like a kid." I mumbled.

"Correction. You are the kid and I'm the adult so realize it." He said slowly and then walked back to Brian's house.

I took a deep breath and sat on top of the hood of my car. I couldn't face Zacky and I didn't want to face Matt.

"Hey, don't be mad at me." Matt said, walking over and siting next to me on the hood.

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"You should be mad but I don't want you to because I love you and I'm sorry." He said nervously.

"No, I think you think I'm easy." I said walking back into the backyard.

I walked through the jungle of bodies and saw a guy making out with a girl, up against a wall. The guy looked to familiar to just walk past and ignore. I heard the girl he was kissing on let out a quick yelp. The guy gave her one more kiss and turned to walk away from her. He was clearly absent minded and completely drunk. He walked side ways and had a happy drunken smile on his lips.

"Zack!" I yelled, walking over to him and putting his arm around my shoulders so he wouldn't fall back.

"Hey, baby! I've been looking all over for you." He slurred as he looked at my feet.

"Let's get you to a bed." I said, trying to keep him up and walking him up the stairs.

When I got to Brian's guest rooms, they were all 'occupied.' I didn't want to leave him here because he might try to drive home, so I walked him out to my car and buckled his seat belt.

"Babe, to where art thou taketh me?" He said in a British accent. He was extremely cute and happy looking when he was drunk.

"I'm Roxy, not babe...And I'm taking you to my house."

"No! You're mine because I love you and you're my beautiful wife!" He shouted as he grabbed my arm.

"Zack! I'm trying to drive. Don't grab my arm like that!"

He began to quiet down and come back to sober state of mind but he was still on the tipsy side. I got home and helped him up the stairs to my bedroom. He was going to sleep on my bed and I was going to sleep on my floor. As soberness started to kick in, so did a major hangover.

"Ow! Fuck, my head feels like it's about to explode. What's happening?" He asked me as I helped him lay down.

"Everything will be okay. You're just a little drunk." I said, while pushing his uneven cut bangs out of his face.

"Roxy?" He called for me as I grabbed a pillow to lay down on the floor.

"Hmm?"

"I love you..." He replied. It shocked me because I could tell it wasn't his drunkenness speaking, but it was him.

"Yeah? Well I love you to." I said as I closed my eyes.

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining through my blinds. I turned to my left side to block the sun with my back. I faced my bed and saw it empty. I crawled into my bed, and loved the scent. My bed smelled exactly like he did, and I loved it. We said we loved each other last night but I didn't know whether to follow up on that because sometimes people say things unintentionally. But I knew one thing, I didn't lie to him last night and I hoped he didn't lie either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!

-Thanks