I've Got Your Mixed Tape In My Walkman

Cassette 1: Side A

"What do you think they are?" I asked everyone.

We just kind of sat there staring at the tapes for about five minutes not knowing why they were for us.

"I don't know." Zack said. He cleared his throat. "Maybe we should listen and find out. I bet there just mixed tapes that Lily made and she wanted us to have them, since we like music, and...all."

"Do you even have a cassette player?' Matt asked Zack.

Zack picked his head up and looked over towards the stereo. "Yeah, the stereo has one. I think it still works."

Matt nodded and grabbed the taped labeled 1 and 2 in purple nail polish. He placed the tape into the cassette player. He placed his finger tip on the play button but looked back at us before pressing it.

"Ready?"

We all nodded but our face turned to Zack. He was staring at the coffee table without blinking once.

"Yeah." He whispered.

Out of all of us Zack took it the hardest. Not only was Lily his younger sister but he was always there for her whenever she needed it. He'd drop anything he was doing if it were for Lily. He was the cliche older brother. Her listener and her protector from other people.

But I don't think we thought of protecting her from herself.

Matt turned back towards the stereo and pressed the button his finger laid on. He sat back leaning his back against the TV stand and looked at all of us as we all stared at the stereo.

You could hear the static coming through the speakers and a little bit of shuffling before more static came back on.

"Do you think its nothing?' Val asked.

No one answered because we were all tongue tied on the voice floating through the speakers.

Hey guys and Val. Lily here. Live and in the stereo.

"No." Zack mumbled.

I didn't believe it.

I hope you all stay to listening to this. These tapes contain the real information about my life, more importantly, why I ended my life.

No, no, no! Lily is dead, she killed herself two weeks ago. This is not happening.

Since there are thirteen sides to every story, I will be giving you thirteen reason why I did it. And let me tell you one thing and I want to make it clear. Everything you guys have heard about me is probably nothing but a big fat lie.

I heard dozen of things Lily did at parties and what not. But I always thought they were false since there was about three different tales going around the school.

Now why would a dead girl lie?

Hey! That sounds like a joke. Why would a dead girl lie?


"Is this some kind of twisted suicide note?" Brian mumbled. He all looked at him biting on nails not knowing how to answer his question.

Answer: Because she cant stand up.

Go ahead. Laugh. I know you all to well. I know your all trying hard not to laugh.

Oh well. I thought it was funny.


Hilarious Lily....hilarious. You also don't see the pain your putting your brother in.

Anyways...there are seven cassette tapes with thirteen numbers labeled on them. The seventh tape only has the thirteen and there is nothing on the other side.

When you six are done listing to this I want you to burn every tape and take them straight to hell with me.

But then again you probably could just keep them and save them for future ghost tales. I'll ever know.

Or maybe I will. I'm not sure how this whole dead thing works. I could be standing behind you right now.


I think at this point we were all tensed up looking around us slowly wondering if she was really watching us.

Spooky? I agree.

Sorry that wasn't nice. Matt give Val a kiss, she's probably scared shitless.


Matt and Val just stared at each other. Val crawled over to Matt and sat besides him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple as she rested her head on his chest.

"Might as well do as she says" Val whispered softly.

Well then, that was probably a cute sight to bad I missed it.

Well Maybe.


She whispered it softly almost inaudible for us to hear. I wonder if she really is hear.

Anyways why don't we start with my first reason or story I'd like to clear the air with.

And it all beings with Mr. Caleb Truman.


"I hate that kid." Johnny mumbled crossing his arms over his chest.

Caleb Truman was in our grade a senior and I believe he was also Lily's first kiss when she was a freshman.

Caleb, my first kiss and my first love. I wonder if you guys remember this story that Caleb and his friends told you, because I do.

Lets see...


She must of been thinking as she stopped speaking.

Oh yes! I remember now!

I believe it goes Lily meet Caleb at school and was flirting her ass of with him.Then switched numbers and Lily told him to meet her at the park.

So as Lily waited at the park for Caleb, lets say in a shorter than short skirt and a tight white tank top. Lets just say she was really asking for it.


"I heard about this story." Brian said looking at all of us besides Zack. "I didn't think it was true."

So when Caleb gets to the park Lily throws herself at Caleb and they fuck in the tube slide...Johnny don't worry I wont go into details, that way you wont have to use the bathroom.

She laughed the last part. We all looked at Johnny with his arms across his chest trying hard not to blush at her comment. Johnny was always to easy to get hard when Lily was around...or any girl for that matter.

So I'm sure thats the story Caleb told you right?

Right? I think I am right.


She was a hundred percent right.

So maybe I could've just been happy with this story. I mean I was only a freshman in a new school and it really boosted my reputation with the male population.

I started with this story because , this is really were it all began. Hmm, a silly high school crush right? How could that have any effect on my decision almost two years later?

Well, to me it began everything. Ever rumor and story that I heard caused everything and it all began with this story.

So my dear friends want to know what really happened between me and Caleb?


Yes. Lily tell us what happened.

Alright so maybe the beginning of the rumor was true and so was the park but that was about it.

You asked for my number and I gave it to. I never asked for yours knowing that it should be the guy to make the first move and Caleb sure did.

Caleb called me after school the next day but the thing was that I didn't answer the phone...Zack did.

Do you remember that Zack? Caleb asking for me? Do you remember why he said he called?


"He needed help with a math problem." Zack answered her question out loud.

You asked me why he was calling and I said we both had a class together probably just needed some help or something.

The best part is that is exactly what he told you Zack. But you were smart enough not to truly believe that was the only reason.

So when I called him back you were sitting next to me watching TV. Tell me Zack do you even remember what you were watching?


"No."

So when Caleb picked up I answered with "Hey its Lily you needed help with a the homework?"

Just to let you know Zack, Caleb caught on right away. He said yeah a math problem.

So I asked which math question and he told me. If Train A leaves my house at four and Train B leaves his house five minutes later, when do the two Trains meet?

Do you know what you did at this point Zack?


"I left the room"

You got up to get a soda.

So then I thought it was the perfect time to answer Caleb's question. The two trains meet at Jefferson Park in fifteen minutes.

And thats when I left to go meet Caleb at the park.

When I arrived I saw Caleb was swinging on the swings and I took the one next to his.

And what did we do after that?

We talked.

Yeah seriously thats all we did. There was no fucking in the tube slide, sorry to ruin your guys imagination but really I'm not lying. I made it clear that nothing I'm saying in this story is a lie.

Nothing.

I know I should of just let everyone believed the rumor I mean come on, its so much juicer. Yeah well it may of been juice but I lost alot of respect.

Oh and as for the kiss? He kissed me for ten seconds. Yeah I counted. It was a silly high school crush. It was predictable.

But there was one thing that ill always taste from that kiss and lets just say I never ate Nachos again.


I heard Brian snort quietly and I was laughing on the inside to. Nice Caleb, Nachos really? Ever heard of Tic-Tacs?

Yep thats right just a ten second kiss. There is no reason to rewind this tape because, That. Is. All. That. Happened. You didn't miss a thing.

But that kiss started everything. The next day at school Lily Baker was turned into every guys conquest because she was said to be easy by none other than Caleb Truman.

Lets get one thing straight. Lily Baker is not a slut.


I never thought you were Lily.

Oh wait did you catch that I said Lily Baker is...guess I cant say that anymore.

This is just the beginning guys I hope your ready because it just gets better from here.

Turn the cassette over for more.


Static escaped the tape after that before the reel ended on it.

Matt reached over and pressed the eject button, flipping it over and placed side B in.

"Ready for round two?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. I picked Jimmy as the main guy because he's just as crazy as this story and I haven't done him yet.

I will be using some lines and plot from the book but adding my own twists!!!!

&&cOMMENT pLEASE!