I've Got Your Mixed Tape In My Walkman

Cassette 1: Side B

"Ready for round two?" Matt asked us.

"Does no one else find this weird?' Val spoke up before Matt pressed play. "I mean shes dead and here we are listening to her like she never died."

"Val shut up." Zack mumbled. "Press play Matt."

"No Matt." Val yelled. "Zacky this isn't right. We shouldn't be listening to this. Even if Lily wanted us to, you don't find this at all hard? I mean shes your sister. She's dead you need to cope not fall back into a slump."

"Fuck you." Zack snapped. "Yes shes dead I get it Val. Shes not coming back but maybe this is the closure I need. I need to understand why. I need to know why Lily decide it was perfectly okay to leave us, to leave me!"

"Zack calm down." I told him. His face was red and his eyes looked tired. He nodded and shuffled back onto the couch.

" Press play Matt."

Hey guys thanks for continuing.

I know, I know why are we listening to all these tapes just to figure out one thing?

Because all these things caused a snowball effect that lead to me ending my own life.


A snowball effect. Way to put it Lily.

So lets see, lets see who's next.

Well I can just not pick this person after I just told my story about Caleb.

So lets think back to freshman year shall we, well I guess your guys sophomore year, whatever.

Who did Caleb Truman date that year? Take a guess.


"Brittany Miller." Johny whispered. We all looked at him, agreeing with his answer.

Yep, thats right Brittany Miller.

Pretty. Perfect skin, perfect friends, perfect life.

Truth is I envied Brittany. She seemed so well liked to everyone at Huntington High, doesn't she?

She talks nicely to you. Helps you when you need it. Walks with you to class. Lends you money at lunch.


I thought of what Brittany said about Lily today in school.

"Did you hear, that Lily killed herself because shes nothing but a selfish slut."

I don't see the niceness in that Lily.

Yeah well looks are deceiving.

Brittany Miller is a nice and sweet girl...to your face. But what happens when you turn your back?

She begins to start talking about you.

And I'm not talking about things like. Look at Lily she is so pretty. I love Lily's skirt today. Lily's hair is so perfect.

No its nothing like that.

Its more like, Did you hear Lily fucked my boyfriend in a tube slide?

Yeah thats right, everyones best friend is a gossiper.

Don't believe me?

Go ahead and listen to her when she speaks, when only a few people are around. I bet she even talks about all of you, when your not listening.

So I think its story time, on how I know this for a fact.

Well its was passing time between four and fifth period and I had to use the bathroom. So I did and when I was about to flush the toilet, guess who walked in? Go ahead and guess.


"Britt" Brian mumbled. Brian dated Brittany during junior year and during that time I thought she was really nice.

Brittany and Katie Carson did.

And who was their main topic of conversation?

I'll give you a hint. She's dead.

Yep there conversation went a little bit like this.

"Katie did you hear what Lily did?"

"No! What happened?"


She switched voices giving Brittany a higher pitched voice than Katie's was.

"She fucked Caleb in a slide at Jefferson Park."

"That bitched fucked your Caleb?"

No I'm serious, this was the conversation they were having right in front of me, but they didn't know it. Or did they? I'm not really sure. It depends on how observant they are.

Which judging by their IQ's I'm guessing not so much....


Matt let out a small laugh and shook his head. "Lily is one crazy bitch."

"Lily was." Zack pointed out. "Lily was crazy."

Matt nodded and moved his lips into a straight line again.

So why Lily, why is a little bathroom gossip affecting you so much?

Because my dear friends, thats how the rumors began. I guess Caleb decide that a mere kiss wasn't enough, now was it?


"I'm gunna fucking kill him." Zack said clenching his face.

I nodded. "Me to."

So Brittany Miller started the rumor about the whole tube slide trash whore named Lily Baker. The truth is in reality that Lily never existed. Just in your mind. Yeah thats right shes a figment of your imagination.

Your perverted imagination.


She's knows the male population all to well.

Hm, now that I think about alot of these stories are based off rumors. Yeah thats right I didn't stutter. Even story was a rumor and it drove me into depression.

Tell me, Zack did you noticed?

Did you Brian? Johnny? Val? Matt? Did you noticed?

Tell me Jimmy my BFF, did you noticed that I was slipping away?

I don't think I even noticed.

Well thats it for this story. Put in Cassette 2; Side A or the one labeled 3.


"Why didn't we see it?" Brian mumble.

We all just stared at each other not knowing what to say.

Because we didn't noticed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really enjoy comments That would be lovely.

Thanks to you all who are commenting right now and subscribing you guys are my heroes!!!!!