Keep your friends close and your enemies, closer

Chapter two

To say he was hot would be an understatement. He was beyond that. His jet black hair had purple highlights. It would definitely have looked weird on somebody else, but it looked perfect on him. His eyes were the same color as mine, blue. But his was a darker shade of blue. His hair was side swept to the left, and it looked as if the wind had styled it for him.

He was so hot that all the girls in class immediately shut up, and focused all of their attention on him.

“Kent, please take your seat next to Ms Perez over there.” Mr. Flores gestured to the empty seat next to mine. As he strolled his way to his seat, the girls in the first row turned back to continue staring at him.

I tried to ignore him as he sat down next to me. I didn’t wanna seem like all the other girls who couldn’t keep their eyes’ off him. It was hard, though. His scent was so delicious, I almost wanted to bury my face in that broad-shouldered chest of his.

“Hey, what’s your name?” a deep voice to my right whispered to me. Oh my gosh! Is he talking to me? Okay, be cool.

I turned to look at him, and found it hard to form coherent sentences. “Ashlynn.” One word answers were always the easiest.

“Okay. Ashlynn, you’re drooling.” He smirked.

Say what?! My hand flew to my lips, to wipe it off. But there wasn’t any drool. I looked back up to him, my eyebrows scrunching up.

“Gotcha.” He chuckled.

I glared at him. What the hell was this dude’s problem? I barely know him and he already tries to trick me. Ugh. Whatever. I faced away from him and looked back at Mr. Flores.

Class ended about a half hour later. “Hey, when’s your lunch?” I asked Dustin and Summer, as we made our way out of Homeroom.

“Third period.” They both replied.

“Awesome. Catch you later then.” I waved to them and headed over to my next class, History.

“You heading over to History?” A now-familiar deep voice crept up behind me.

I turned around and saw Kent there. “Yeah. What’s it to you?” I grumbled. Why did he care?

“Nothing. I’ve got the same class as you. So you can walk me there.” He grinned as he fell in step with me.

“Whatever.” I wonder why that stupid grin of his keeps getting wider all the time.

As we rounded a corner to get to History, I suddenly tripped. And no, it wasn’t because I tripped on my own feet or anything. I tripped on somebody else’s feet. And that somebody just happened to be the idiot standing next to me.

“What the hell?” I turned to him with a pissed off expression.

“Oops. Sorry, accident.” His smirk told me othwerwise. He walked away from me and into the classroom.

That boy has serious problems. First he tricks me, now he trips me accidentally-on-purpose. And I still BARELY know him. I shook the whole incident out of my mind before walking inside the classroom.

And, wouldn’t you know it? The only seat available was behind Mr Kent Rivera. Oh well, at least that was better than having to sit next to him.

As I made my way to the seat behind him, glaring at him all the while, he tripped me… Again! That was it. I was going to wipe that idiotic smirk off his face but then Mr. Shaw walked in the classroom.

“Settle down, class. Settle down.” He ordered, standing behind his desk.

I gave Kent my death glare as I sat behind him.

“Ooooh Kent. You are so hot.” Aimee, who sitting next to him,gushed. “You are like the hottest guy in school. No wait, you’re the hottest guy in the world!”

I couldn’t see his face, sitting behind him. But I knew he was probably smiling his butt off. “Thank you…?” He inquired.

“Aimee. Aimee Randall.” She introduced herself.

He nodded, and pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear. She was giggling non-stop after he touched her. I made a face at that. Gross. I mean, come on. She sounded as if she had laughing gas stuck up her-

“Today, we will be watching a documentary about World War One.” Mr. Shaw interrupted my evil thoughts. “Please do try to not fall asleep.” He added wryly.

As soon as the lights were turned off, I leaned back in my chair and thought of how to get him back for what he has done to me thus far. Stick a gum in his hair? Naw, he might have a bald patch somewhere. Can't punish his hair for his evil deeds. Hit his head with a book? Nah, too loud.

“I got an idea!” I mentally snapped my fingers. I placed the whole of my right index finger in my mouth and made it as wet as possible. I leaned closer to the back of Kent’s head and carried out my idea. I stuck my finger in his right ear and quickly took it out.

While he was trying his hardest to wipe my saliva from his ear, I leaned back in my chair, to make it look as if I was innocent, and gave an evil smile of victory.

He slowly turned his head to look at me. I contrasted his glare with my innocent eyes. “May I help you?” I whispered, leaning closer to him, giving him my sweetest smile.

“You better watch your back from now on.” He threatened me, with a smile on his lips.

“Oh, I’m so scared.” I pretended to tremble in fear.

He gave me a you-better-be-scared grin before turning to face the front once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter, people-o!