Keep your friends close and your enemies, closer

Chapter five

So, today was the day of the party. I still had about two more hours before I was supposed to be at Dustin’s place. I decided to spend the time finding the perfect outfit. I had already took a shower, and was now in my closet, wrapped up in only a towel.

My first selection was a long blue graphic tee. It was one of my favorite tees. It has a guitar to its side and it’s freaking awesome! I paired it up with a pair of grey skinny jeans and matching palms.

After looking in the mirror, I decided that I didn’t like it and changed again. This time, I was wearing a white long graphic tee that has black sleeves filled with skulls, paired with dark blue skinnies.

It still didn’t look right so, I changed once more. This time, I was wearing a pretty low-cut red-and-white striped shirt with a pair of jeans. I looked in the mirror and liked what I saw. This was THE outfit. Perfect!

I looked at the clock and it showed that I had a half hour before everyone was supposed to be there. Oh well, might as well leave earlier. I walked over to my twin brother’s door and knocked on it.

“Yeah?” Ranger opened it, wearing only a pair track pants. Guess I didn’t tell you I was related to Ranger huhs? My bad. Ranger and I are twins, fraternal obviously, and we both pretty much rock. Yeah, that’s all.

“I’m leaving for Dustin’s now. You coming with?” I questioned slowly, looking at his track pants.

“Does it look like I’m ready, little sis?” He asked sarcastically, annoyed. So he wants to pull the ‘little sis’ trick now? Pffft. Whatever. He was only older by 14 minutes.

“Like, duh you do. Olesia would be more than happy to see you wearing only that, now wouldn’t she?” I teased.

He blushed so hard, I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. “Very funny, Ash. Look, if you wanna go, then leave and quit disturbing me. Tell the rest I’ll be there in a while.”

“Fine fine.” I rolled my eyes. I gave him a peck on the cheek before making my way to Dustin’s house.

Dustin’s house wasn’t too far from where Ranger and I lived. Just a few blocks away. As I was walking over to Dustin’s, I had the eerie feeling I was being followed. I whirled around, only to see no one there.

I shook my head. It was probably my imagination. A few seconds later, I was positive I heard footsteps behind me. I whirled around once more, seeing nobody there. Only an empty and dark pavement.

“Who’s there?” I stammered. “I have my… fist and I’m not afraid to use it.” I threatened weakly. Still, nobody showed up or anything. I started pacing to Dustin’s house, too afraid to look back but too curious not to.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of large hands on my shoulder. I screamed and I was pretty sure I jumped about a whole feet in the air. I whipped my head around to meet the eyes of none other than Mr. Kent Rivera.

“Kent, what the hell?!” I yelled, mad beyond words. He was doubled over in laughter, practically rolling around the floor, clutching his stomach from laughing too much.

“You… should have… seen… your face!” He said in between his laughter. I waited furiously till he got up and composed himself, crossing my arms. He wiped an imaginary tear from his eye and stood up, looking at me with that stupid smirk on his face.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened them and started shouting. “I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!” I pulled back my fist and punched him. As much as I hated him though, I couldn’t bring myself to punch him with as much force as I had. Instead, I punched hard enough for him to stumble back with a startle.

I took that opportunity to sprint all the way to Dustin’s house. If I had just stood there to wait for him to get himself together… I shuddered. The consequences couldn’t have been too pretty.

“Dustin! Dustin, if you love me, you’ll open up the door now!” I banged on his front door. All of a sudden, the door swung open and I fell facedown inside his house.

“Ouch.” I groaned. Dustin crouched down and brought me up to my feet gently with his hands.

“You okay, Ash?” He asked, his eyes looking concerned. I nodded and looked back towards the outside of Dustin’s crib. “Oh right. So, Kent will be showing in a while I’m guessing.”

I found my voice and hysterically started to answer him. “He’s coming! Lock the doors, shut the windows, stuff the chimney! Save yourself!” I ran down to Dustin’s basement to hide, only to have found Summer sitting there together with everyone else excluding Dustin, Kent and Ranger.

“Hey Ash. Where’s Ranger?” Olesia asked casually.

I took a seat next to Summer and waved at everyone. “He said he’ll be here in a while.”

She nodded, and turned her head towards the stairs. The rest of us followed her gaze and, as if on cue, down descended Dustin and… Kent.

I groaned inwardly and covered my face with my hands. Hopefully, he wouldn’t know it’s me. I felt someone taking a seat next to me. I peeked through my fingers and wasn’t surprised to find Kent grinning at me.

“I won’t do you back, you know. I promised remember?” he assured me. I shook my head. I didn’t remember. Heck, I didn’t even know what he was talking about.

“At lunch, yesterday?” He prodded. “I said that you could do me back, and I won’t retaliate.” I was vaguely beginning to recall the conversation we had. I removed my hands from my face. “Remember?”

I nodded. Oh, this was awesome!

“Maybe…” He chuckled. Guess I must have said what I said out loud. “But you won’t be so lucky next time, my pretty!” He did an imitation of an evil stepmother, voice and all.

I giggled. “Whatever, Kent. You’re such a weirdo.” At that moment, Ranger dashed down the stairs.

“Hey, I’m not late or anything right?” He panted, taking a seat next to Olesia.

Dustin shook his head. “So what do we do now?” Harvey questioned, staring at the empty bottle in front of us. Now that Ranger had arrived, we were positioned in an oval-like shape.

“Hell no, dude! Say we're not playing ‘Spin the bottle’!” Ranger shouted, squeezing Olesia’s hand. God! I swear, my brother is such a baby at times.

Dustin chuckled. “Nah. We’re playing… TRUTH OR DARE!” He clapped his hands like the 7-year-old he really is.

Everybody in the room groaned, except for Summer and Dustin, who was pouting. “Oh come on people! Don’t be so immature, now.”

I caught Harvey rolling his eyes and pulling a face at Dustin. I stifled my giggle with my hands.

“Okay okay. I’ll go first.” Summer smiled, spinning the bottle. It landed on Melissa. “Melissa, truth or dare?”

“Truth.” She answered quietly.

“Okay. If you could be any superstar in the world, who would you be and why?” Harvey shot the question at her.

“I would be…” She took a moment, pondering the answer. “I would be Michael Jackson!”

The whole room burst into an uncontrollable fit of laughter. “Michael Jackson?” I laughed.

“Yup!” She giggled. “What? He has his own theme park!”

“True true.” I nodded, still laughing.

So round and round the bottle spun. Me and Kent got lucky. Everybody else in the room got dared at and asked questions they had to tell the truth to. Everyone, except me and Kent of course.

“Okay. That’s it! I’m gonna make sure this bottle lands on one of you.” Olesia promised, spinning the bottle. Kent and I started laughing. She was so determined, the expression she subconsciously had on her face was just too hilarious.

The bottle kept spinning round, never stopping. And when it did stop, everybody gasp. It had landed right between the both of us.

“HIM.” I shouted, the same time he shouted, “HER.”

“Perfect!” Dustin grinned, like the evil seven-year-old madman he was. “Since it landed in the middle, it would have to be… the BOTH of you. So, what would it be? Truth or Dare?”

We both knew we couldn’t ask for a re-spin. Everybody in the room was enjoying this moment. No way would they even think of giving us a re-spin.

“Dare.” We said in unison.

Ranger pretended to think, then he smirked. “I dare the both of you to be a couple for at least a week!”

I stared at him in shock, my mouth falling open.

“If you don’t do that or if you break the rules,” He continued, ignoring me. “You’ll have to do the forfeit, which is definitely much worse.”

“What’s the forfeit?” Kent asked, looking nervous.

“You’ll have to be a couple for TWO weeks!” Him, Dustin, Melissa and Olesia started giggling. Summer gave us both a sorry look. She couldn't help us out of this.

I turned towards Kent. He looked back at me. We shared a silent nod.

“So is that a yes?” Olesia asked, grinning.

I sighed and nodded. I glared at Ranger. “Thanks, brother!” I hissed.

He grinned and threw me a wink. “Okay, so here are the rules.” He stated.

“Number One. You have to go on dates.” I paled.

“Number Two. You have to do romantic stuffs. Hold hands, hug, and especially kiss!” Kent paled.

“And Number Three. You have to BE a couple. That means no playing tricks on each other, or…” Ranger looked at me as he continued. “Running away from each other, screaming.”

Kent and I faced each other. We both paled at the last rule.

“And, that’s it. Your week starts tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, last chapter of which I had prepared. I'll try to write more. That is, if people actually like this story. Okay?