The Covenant Day: Vampires Don't Want to Hurt You

Chapter 1: Vampires Will Never Hurt You

"And if they get me and the sun goes down into the ground... And if they get me take this spike to my heart..."

Jack Corvan sat up, blinking in the light spilling in from his curtained window. He passed a hand over his face and looked around at his room; at the Dracula movie poster hanging on his wall, at the Vampire Chronicles books by Ann Rice on his bookshelf, and at his television, where an Interview with the Vampire movie box lay open on top of the DVD player. He and his friends kept these things around always... to remind them of what their people once were, and what they each would never be.

"And as these days watch over time, and as these days watch over time, And as these days watch over us tonight..."

He listened to his favorite song, Vampires Will Never Hurt You by My Chemical Romance.

"I'll never let them, I'll never let them
I'll never let them hurt you not tonight
I'll never let them, I can't forget them
I'll never let them hurt you, I promise..."

He mumbled the words as the band sang them. This, also, was to remind him of who he was, and who he wasn't he thought to himself. He stood up shakily and climbed out of his bed into the sunlight. He ran his tongue over his sharp teeth as he did every morning.

Suddenly his cell phone rang, playing My Chemical Romance's Early Sunsets Over Monroeville. He looked at the screen, it was his best friend since first grade, Tori Storkhaven.

"Hey, what's up?" Jack asked.

"Nothin' much, you ready for the annual meeting tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm getting ready to have it here, I just have a few more preparations for tonight." Jack replied.

"You need any help?" His friend asked loyally.

"Nah, I've got it under control." Jack told him.

"See you in a bit." Tori said and hung up.

Jack hung up and slipped his cell phone back into his jean's pocket. He needed to go to the store before the annual meeting, there were things he needed to take care of.