I Hate Everything About You

She's More In Love With You Than I Thought

"So, uhm, where are the plates?" I asked nervously.

"Just over here, but I wanted to get to know my daughter-in-law." Denise said, and gave me a kind smile. I think it was meant to calm me, but it did the opposite.

"O-Oh. Okay then, Mrs Jonas." I said politely, a little bit too politely...

"Now, dear, no need for formalities. After all, you're a Mrs Jonas as well. Call me Denise." She said, and I nodded.

"Okay, Denise." I said, and gave her a small smile.

"How are you two doing right now?" Denise was unmistakably blunt.

"Who do you mean?" I asked nervously. Honestly the question could mean anything.

"You and Joe of course." She replied.

"O-oh. Me and Joe." I said and gave a little awkward cough. I was not expecting this. Okay. I was, but still, it stopped me for a second.

"Yes," She nodded, probing me to continue.

"We're. We're doing good." I nodded.

"Oh?" She asked conversationally.

"Yeah. I mean, we fight, but all couples do. And we always make up after. Like, last week, we were playing Halo, and I totally beat him, but he was acting like a huuuge baby about it. He even said that I cheated." I said, rolling my eyes. I saw Denise's little smirk, and confusedly I continued. "But, we watched Juno together after, and everything was good again."

"That does sound like Joseph." Denise mused with a small smile. I nodded.

"Yeah, we have little fights like that all the time. He calls them 'love fights'." I rolled my eyes. The stupid cocky jerk actually did. He said it conceitedly instead of lovingly, though. Denise's little smirk widened.

"You love him, right?" She asked me.

Great. The question I've been dreading.

"Of course I do. I mean, we got married." I said as if the possibility of me not loving Joe was preposterous.

"People get married for reasons other than love." Denise said wisely.

"Yeah, but I– I do love him." I said.

And I realized my words had a slight twinge of truth to them...

"Good." Denise nodded.

"Yeah." I answered with a small smile.

"I'm glad he found you." Denise told me honestly.

"Really?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I mean, Joseph has changed for the better. We've all noticed him acting different than normal, but you've brought the old him back." She said, and looked me in the eye.

"I– wow." I had no idea that I had that much of an impact on him.

Of course, Denise could just be saying that...

Denise nodded, "We should just get these plates and get back to them before they think that I've done away with you."

I laughed a little and grabbed some of the plates and walked back to them with her.

"Hey Baby." Joe smiled and pulled me down onto his lap. I giggled.

[>>>]

After everyone left, we were all sitting in the living room. I had my arm around Caitlin, and she was half asleep.

I smiled down at her.

It's a lot easier to see the sweet girl when she's sleeping, or just about to be sleeping.

She laid her head on me, and I tightened my arm that was around her. She yawned, and I kissed her forehead for appearances.

I traced little shapes on her thigh, as everyone looked on us. I looked at Nick, who was smirking.

'Good job.' He mouthed. I just nodded at him.

Caitlin yawned again and captured my attention.

"Caitlin, dear. It's getting late, you should just go upstairs and gets some rest." My mom said to Caitlin who nodded and stood up. I stood up too.

"I'll show you the way-" I started to say, but my mom cut me off.

"Nicholas will show you the way." She said, and I sighed and sat down. Nick and Caitlin walked upstairs.

Kevin stood up, and lifted Frankie up. "I'll take him to bed." Mom nodded, and they walked upstairs too.

Dad stood up and kissed Mom on the forehead. He said something to her and she nodded. He also walked upstairs.

Now it was just me and Mom alone.

She turned to me.

"Joe..." She said.

"What?" I asked, fearing that she would say that she knew Caitlin and I were faking.

"That girl is more in love with you than I thought." She said.

What?
♠ ♠ ♠
I risked death writing this for you guys today.

I must love y'all very much.

So, show me some love.
:D:D

-Lilyxo.
:]