Run Baby Run

And All Things Will End

Quietly, I walked around the school yard by myself. I tried to figure out how to tell Matt that I can’t talk to him, that I can no longer do anything with him. I’m going to lose my best friend that I wish would be something more. Just the thought of that literally made my heart ache. I felt a silent tear slip down my face and quickly wiped it away. Then hands covered both of my eyes.

“Guess who”

I know this voice.

A sad smile formed on my face “Matt?”

The hands that were on my face disappeared and I turned around to face him.

“How do you always know it’s me?” He smiled.

I shrugged “I don’t know” and smirked “it’s a talent I guess”

“Uh huh,” he laughed “sure” he then looked at me cheek and turned serious “What happened?”

“Nothing”

“Don’t lie to me”

I sighed “Matt, I need to talk to you”

He nodded slowly, unsure what to do “Ok”

I closed my eyes, thinking how to tell him. I then opened my eyes and locked gazes with him. “We can’t be friends anymore” his eyes held sadness and his smiled faded “I can’t talk to you anymore or anything for that matter”

“Why?” He sounded a little angry and then sad “Did I do something? Is it because of what happened Saturday?” his face was covered with hurt. I felt so guilty that I was doing this to him and treating him the way I am. He deserved much better. I shook my head.

“No”

“Is it Tony? Did he tell you to say this? Is he the one who keeps hurting you?”

“No Matt, this has nothing to do with him”

“Then what is it? I want to know”

“Nothing Matt, I’m sorry but this is how it has to be”

I turned around and started walking away. I gave up something that meant so much to me and I gave it all up for a guy who thinks I’m a piece of shit. But there is nothing I can do about it.

“Hey baby”

I looked up to see Tony. Putting on a forced smiled, I answered as sweetly as I could “Hey”

He put his arm around my waist as everything was ok, like I didn’t care how he treated me. I was cursing at myself in my head, how can I still be with him? He doesn’t deserve me or maybe I don’t deserve better. Maybe I am good for nothing and that I just should do as I was told. “What’s wrong?”

What’s wrong? Well I’ll be damned.

I shook my head and lied through my teeth “Nothing”

“Guess what”

“Hmm”

“Tonight me, you and two of my friends are going to have a little party again”

“No Tony, I don’t want to go”

“Why in the hell not?”

I stopped walking and faced him “Because I don’t want to, ok?”

He gripped my shoulders “Yes, you are” he then let go and pulled out his cell phone. He texted someone back and then met with my eyes “Actually we are going right now”

“No Tony”

He dug his nails into my hand “Yes, you are”

I winced from the pain and followed him out of the hallways and into the car. I waited for someone to stop him or for us to get caught. Having no luck my prayers weren’t answered.

Matt’s POV

I saw Belz walking to the parking lot with Tony. Why doesn’t she want to be around me? Maybe the whole thing that happened on Saturday is the reason she doesn’t want to even look at me. I sighed and then looked up to see Brian walking up to me.

“What’s up bro?” he said sitting next to me. He placed his books to the side and then faced me. He studied my face and assuming something was wrong he stayed quiet waiting for me to say something. I must admit, he knows me better then I know myself. I started playing with my hands and I was a bit fidgety. I was nervous and a bit disappointed with myself.

“Me and Belz aren’t friends anymore” I whispered. I tried to hide the hurt that I was feeling but I knew he would see right through me and there is no point in hiding how I feel.

“What? Why?” he was in disbelief. Even he wasn’t expecting that, we all thought that she was good with us but apparently not. I wanted to go run after but I don’t want to cause a scene or bother her more then I am already.

“I don’t know” I shrugged “she told me that we couldn’t be friends anymore”

“What the fuck? That’s crazy”

“Maybe it is what happened on Saturday, I never should have kissed her” It was quiet for a minute until Brian spoke up.

“No, it has nothing to do with what happened Saturday. It probably has something to do with Tony, because if she kissed back that means something. She didn’t want to stop”

“Why would Tony want her to stop being friends with me?”

“He wants to make sure she doesn’t like anyone else or he doesn’t want to share her” he sighed “I don’t know, man”

“What am I going to do?”

He patted my back “I wish I could tell you but I don’t have an answer”

I exhaled deeply “Lets get to class”

We both got up and started walking to class. She can’t leave me, I need her. Why is she doing this? I can’t let her go; she is one of the few good things that had happened to me. Please God, don’t let anything bad happen to her, because I have a feeling something is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I am on a roll with these updates!
Enjoy!!

Comments!!!

-K