Status: Finished.

It's the Mess That Feels So Right...

Douze.

Image

Yawning, I settled down the bowl of yogurt I had been devouring onto the glass table, settling back on the deck chair, just enjoying the morning air and watching the city wake up. Yeah, I know that’s cliché, shut up. I turned around as I heard the door slide open and smiled as William walked out; he had marks zigzagging down his face where he had slept funny. He flashed me a smile, and kissed the top of my head, mumbling a tired, “G’morning.”

“He’s alive!” I said with a smirk and William shot a playful glare in my direction before slumping down in the deck chair next to mine, grabbing my hand softly and threading his fingers through mine.

“Morning to you, too. Oh, and those look good on you, by the way,” I said with a smirk, motioning to Gabe’s pyjama pants, the only type of pants that Gabe owned that aren’t tight, that William had been ‘borrowing’, without Gabe knowing.

“You think?” He said, wiggling his eyebrow suggestively, which just made me laugh.

“So, why did I wake up alone this morning?” William asked, turning his head to look at me.

“No matter what everyone thinks of your skinny little ass, it still manages to take up the whole damn couch.” William smiled at this. “Besides, Caleb showed up.” That smile was gone.

“H-he did?” Will stuttered.

“Yeah, he did. And yes, he saw you and knows everything. But he has promised me he won’t tell Gabe.”

“Are you sure?” William looked skeptical.

“Of course, he’d do anything for you,” I said, throwing him another smirk and raising my eyebrow.

“What?” William looked dumbstruck and I laughed at this.

“Caleb sorta has a little crush on you.”

“I thought he was straight!”

“So did I. But apparently, you turn straight men gay,” I said with a smirk, and William blushed, and looked away. I held on to his hand tighter, looking back at the sky which was now an intense orange, smiling to myself.

“But hey, Will, don’t worry. Caleb’s a good guy, and he is my best friend. Gabe won’t know a thing,” I reassured William. William gave me a grateful smile, and we both turned back to the sky, silence settling between us.

Finally, William turned to me, opening his mouth to say something when he was interrupted by a loud grumbling. Will looked embarrassed and stared down at his own stomach, his expression was enough to make me laugh.

“I’m guessing you want some lunch?” I asked with a grin.

“Yes please,” William said, giving me a childish pout. I jumped up off the seat, pulling him up with me, William wrapping his arms around me in a hug before I could get inside.

“I’ll make you a deal then,” I mumbled into his chest and I could feel him smile into my hair.

“Hmm?”

“I’ll make you some lunch, if you take me to the carnival,” I said with a smirk, looking up at him.

“The carnivals here?” William squealed, while I raised both eyebrows in surprise.

“I mean, cool, yeah it’s a deal,” William said quickly.

“Nice save there, buddy.”

-X-

“That is enough cotton candy for you!” William said, laughing as he pulled the pink goodness out of my hands and holding it above my head, pointing out my shortness to everyone.

“William, give my cotton candy back!” I whined, jumping up and down trying to get it back. You know what he did? He laughed down at me. Down. At. Me.

“It’s okay short fry, we can go on the Ferris wheel now, and I don’t want you throwing up on me from eating too much cotton candy,” He said, smirking at me as he ate the last of my cotton candy. I gaped at him, my jaw dropping.

“Short fry?! Listen here Beckett, not all of us inherited the freaky giant gene and have to bend down to get through the doorways so I suggest yo- Whoa! William! Put me down!” He had grabbed me by the waist and flung me over his shoulder, and began to walk over toward the Ferris wheel that he had been whining about all day, as I pounded on his back, yelling at him and causing quite a scene. William handed over our tickets to the Ticket Man, as I crossed my arms and pouted.

“Ah, sir, to be able to go on this ride, you’re going to have to put the young lady down...” The man said uncertainly, wondering how a guy with such skinny arms could pick up anything.

“I can do that,” William said, and I could hear him smiling as he put me down. I glared up at him, as he ruffled my hair.

“Not funny, Beckett.” He laughed and pushed me into the seats, pulling down the bar so I couldn’t get out, we didn’t fall out. The Ferris wheel began to move slowly, gaining speed as I looked down at how small everything was becoming.

“Uh William...” I mumbled, closing my eyes. “This probably is the wrong time to tell you, but I’m afraid of heights!”

I could feel William looking at me, wondering what to do.

“Hold my hand, we’ll be fine. I’ll even win you a stuffed bear, okay?” Will compromised and I nodded, relaxing as he took my hand. I managed to prise my eyes open and watched as we were pulled around.

A few minutes later, William and I stumbled off the ride, me bouncing up and down.

“Can we do it again? Can we? Can we? Can we?” I asked happily and William smirked.

“So much for afraid of heights!”

“It wasn’t scary at all!”

“Only 'cause you had brave William there to protect you!” William said, puffing out his un-toned chest.

“Pssh, please, a butterfly could do more damage than you!” I said, rolling my eyes as William pouted.

“Can a butterfly win you a teddy bear?” William said, trying to protect his glory.

I smirked at him. “I dunno, can they?”

That’s when he marched me over to a ‘Hit The Bottles’ booth, determined to show me he can be a man occasionally.

“Now watch this. I played baseball when I was younger, so I’m a pro!” William said proudly, flashing me a smile. He chucked the ball and it ricocheted off the bottom of the stand, hitting the side of the booth.

William turned, giving me a sheepish smile. “It’s been a while; the arm is a little rusty.”

“Oh-kay, then, show me what you’ve got!” I said, teasingly. “Oh and this time, go for the bottles!”

He chucked the ball again, this time it hit the bottles dead in the center, causing both of my eyebrows to shoot up into my hairline. William turned around, throwing both arms in the air and parading around in his victory.

“I am the master!” He yelled, smirking at me.

“Well I have to admit, that was pretty darn cool,” I said with a smile, nodding my head. The guy at the booth looked a little amazed as he handed over a giant panda bear teddy and William passed it straight on to me.

“Ah! It’s so cute! Thank you, Mister Beckett!” I said happily, grabbing him into a hug and placing a kiss on his cheek. William blushed again and returned the hug. I grinned, looking at my new toy.

“Hey, Bee! Bee baby, how have you been!” A voice called out, and I turned around to see Caleb, and hanging onto his arm some new girl who looked a little pale, as if she had just got off one of those freaky rides.

“Caleb! Hey!” I said, jumping forward to give him a hug as he eyed up the teddy bear and then William.

“Oh, hey William! This is Laura, a friend of mine.” When he said friend, I knew he meant girlfriend. As much as I loved Caleb, I didn’t bother to learn her name. The sad truth was, he didn’t keep the same girl for long.

“Nice to meet you both,” William replied politely and I nodded along with him. William snaked his arm around my waist and I smiled. Caleb didn’t miss this action.

“Hey, William, do not think for one moment, just because you have the finest pieces of ass on this planet – no offense, Laura- I will still hunt you down and hurt you if you do anything to Bee! I mean, I seriously will just take a-"

“Okay! Caleb, are you done mortifying my boyfriend now?” I said, smiling sweetly at Caleb, but giving him a meaningful look and he put his hands up innocently.

“Hey, it comes with the best friend territory,” Caleb said with a grin, William smiled too, but looked slightly uneasy.

“Oh! By the way, I wanted to ask you two if you are free tonight?” Caleb asked as William and I looked at each other and shrugged.

“Well there’s a party going on tonight, you know, at Becky’s house, the girl in our English class? And it would be totally cool if you two could come along,” Caleb said, hinting madly.

“Uhh...” I stalled, as William answered for us.

“We’d love too, thanks.” I looked at William and he shrugged slightly.

“Great! It starts at eight, but you can come whenever, you know.” Caleb said, smiling.

“You’re William Beckett!” Laura, who had been staring at William the entire time, finally blurted out.

“Yes I am,” William said for a smile, then willingly took a photo with her and signed her shirt.

“Well okay, we’ll see you tonight!” Caleb said, leading his swooning girlfriend away from William. He turned back and kissed me on the cheek, then leaned up and did the same to William, leaving William blushing insanely. I turned to William after Caleb left with a smirk, pulling him into a hug and kissing his lips lightly.

“Caleb's just a little affectionate. But do we have to go to the party tonight?” I mumbled against his lips.

“Yes, it would be the nice thing to do,” William replied with a smile.

“I hate being nice,” I muttered, trying not to laugh. William laughed at this.

“Well, she only lives a block away from my apartment so if we get bored, we can leave...” I said, knotting my fingers through his. We walked in silence for a while until I turned to him with a grin.

“Can a butterfly kiss better than you?”

“Don’t start that again!” William said with a groan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well there you go. This is the boring-est filler in the whole story >.< And this was the last uneventful chapter, it's all drama from here on in =O I've also been sick for the past two days so I feel like crap :[

This chapter is mainly for two kick ass people! Supz and Dannie Abandonment. Both of them always comment AND made me banners! I've never had a banner made for me before so it was a very happy day ^.^ Thank you!

That tiny, tiny bit of Caleb/ Beckett was for psychotico. because... she wanted some? Haha, I also want to thank everyone else who commented (catastrophe., specailED, TalkingIsMyLife, Hey Kirsten.. SilencedPoet_, forevermore90 and TaylerLynn.) You are all so amazing, thank you so much for your feedback, and getting me up to 7 stars! ^.^

Only a few more chapters until Mr. Saporta comes back...

I may take a while because I am also working on my shared story with my best friend, You're Strangers We Know Well, And Not At All. [is guilty of whoring out own story C:]