Status: Finished.

It's the Mess That Feels So Right...

Quatorze.

Image

“Caleb. Caleb! Seriously, it’s been twenty minutes, you can stop hugging me now,” I muttered to the eighteen-year-old male who was clinging to me.

“Just a few more seconds,” He mumbled back before letting me go. “Alright I’m okay now.”

“Excellent,” I said, rolling my eyes and grinning when Caleb fake pouted.

“Hey! I was totally worried about you! And you know that I don’t give two fucks about anyone else, but you. Then to find out that you tapped perfect-ass over there,” William raised his eyebrows in surprise. “Completely shocked me. You really have grown up in more ways than one,” Caleb ranted, wiping away a fake tear accompanied with a sniffle.

“Caleb,” I groaned. “You’re just embarrassing me now!”

“But I loves you! Don’t glare at me, Becky!” Caleb said, poking his tongue out at William, who didn’t know how to react to that. It was hilarious to watch Caleb and William interact, unlike Gabe, William just didn’t know how to handle Caleb, or what was going to happen next.

I jumped off the couch, away from Caleb’s suffocating hugs
-apparently losing my virginity is a big deal to Caleb- and walked over to where William was sitting on the opposite couch and kissed his cheek.

“Can I get you anything?” I asked as William shook his head and smiled. I settled down beside him, nestling under William’s shoulder comfortably, looking up at him with a smile. Next minute, Caleb jumped up and sat on William’s lap so that he was in-between William and I. We both looked at him, shocked. Maybe William was a little more shocked because he now had a man on his lap, but still, it was hilarious.

“Can-can I help you?” William asked with an amused smile, and I bit my lip to stop laughing. Caleb looked at him through narrowed eyes, trying to keep a straight face.

“I don’t care what your song says about twice is nice, but three times is just right, once is enough for now!” Now my face was burning with embarrassment, you could tell Caleb was enjoying this torture, almost as much as he loves taking me shopping.

“Alright, that’s enough,” I said, pushing Caleb off William so he landed in a heap on the floor, with a muted ‘thud’.

“Now that was just mean,” Caleb said with a pout and I laughed. It was always fun when Caleb was in a playful mood. William stood up and stretched, pulling me toward him with small smile.

It had been a day since our talk and as we agreed, we were taking things slow. I had half expected things to be almost awkward between us, but it was nothing of that sort as he walked me home from school, talking animatedly about the new song he had written, and arguing with Caleb over what the ethnicity of the next baby Bradgelina were going to adopt would be.

“I have to get going,” William mumbled, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my lips softly.

“Aww,” I muttered into his shoulder, not wanting him to go.

“I’ll be back later,” He whispered, almost seductively, kissing my cheek and heading for the door.

“I heard that!” Caleb yelled, still sitting on the floor, shaking his fist playfully at William, as William smiled and waved, then left, the door closing quietly behind him.

“Well Caleb, now that you have successfully scared off my boyfriend, what do you want to do?” I said with a smirk, falling back onto the couch.

“Yay! Caleb and Bee time! Let’s watch a moo-vie!” Caleb said, jumping up off the floor and running into the kitchen for snacks as I wandered over to the DVD cabinet and started looking through all the titles.

“How about Transformers? I haven’t seen that in forever!” I called out, listening to the sound of Caleb popping popcorn.

“Ugh, we watch that movie all the time! How about Pretty In Pink?” Caleb yelled back, causing me to roll my eyes.

“I’m pretty sure you are the only man in this state, no, country that would actually ask to watch that, and no, because we watch that one all the time as well!”

“Fine, fine! How about John Tucker Must Die?”

“Yes, that will do,” I said with a grin, catching the bottle of orange juice Caleb had chucked at me. Caleb then ran across the room, jumping over the coffee table and landing on the couch, still holding the bowl of popcorn in his hand.

“And he sticks the landing!” Caleb said with a smirk, taking a handful of popcorn and shoving it in his mouth before sitting down.

“You are such a dork!” I reminded him and he laughed.

“Down in front, shut up, the movie’s starting!” He retorted as I threw some popcorn in his face, that he surprisingly managed to catch half of in his mouth with another smirk. Halfway through the movie, the phone began to ring cutting off Caleb’s laugh at John Tucker wearing a thong.

“I’ll get rid of them,” Caleb said hoping off the couch. I was always a little apprehensive about Caleb answering the phone, because he usually does something stupid, lik-

“Do you mind? Bee and I are trying to have intimate, hot, kinky sex here and you are interrupting!” Something like that.

I looked up at Caleb with wide eyes, wondering who was on the phone and how they would react.

“Oh hey Gabe.” Well that answers that question. I began laughing at how nonchalant Caleb was being after answering the phone the way he did.

“Yeah, we’re just watching a movie.” Pause. “No! Of course I didn’t ask to watch Pretty In Pink!” Pause. “Okay, and what if I did?” Pause. “Well you’re not exactly the manliest guy I know!” Pause. “Fine! I want a divorce! Yeah, you heard me, Saporta!” Pause. “I was kidding, don’t leave me!” By now, both Caleb and I were pissing ourselves and I was pretty sure Gabe would be too. Despite the fact that as soon as Gabe was back, William had to stay away, I was still counting down the days till Gabe would return, and I’d have him back with me.

“Alright, alright, she’s right here, keep your hair on,” Caleb said, rolling his eyes and walking over to me, passing me the phone.

“Hello?”

Hola mi querida, ¿Cómo estás?” Gabe’s thick voice immediately brought a smile to my face.

“¿Muy bien, y tú?” I answered, and I heard Gabe chuckle.

Mejor ahora. I see you have been practising your Spanish.

“Si, si. So what’s going on?” I asked, hoping that he wasn’t calling as a result of Caleb not being able to keep his mouth shut.

Well, I have to go in a second, you can blame Caleb for wasting your precious mintues talking to lovely old me, but I have a surprise for you!

“Oh? A surprise? What is it?”

If you I told you, it wouldn’t be a surprise then, would it?

I rolled my eyes. “Then what was the point in calling me? Just so that it would eat away at me until I know what it is?”

Uh… basically, yeah.” Gabe chuckled, and I could hear someone calling him in the background. “And that’s my cue to leave, love you mi querida.

“Love you too.” I winced, feeling guilty about my ‘dirty little secret’. “Have a good show.”

-X-

“Wakey, wakey, beautiful,” Someone whispered into my ear, their breath causing my hair to tickle my face. I rolled over and grunted, not bothering to open my eyes.

“Go away, I’m sleeping,” I mumbled into the pillow. Cold hands felt their away under my shirt, making me jump up, now fully awake.

“W-William? What are you doing here?” I asked, confused, looking at his grinning face.

“I told you I’d be back later,” He replied, kissing my forehead as I rubbed sleep out of my eyes.

“Yeah later, not this much later,” I muttered, glancing at the clock besides my table that read 2:03AM.

“Come on, up you get!” William said with a smile, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me upwards. I groaned and closed my eyes, going limp in his arms.

“Come on, hurry up,” William said impatently.

“Alright, alright, dammit, I’m up.” I got up, silently cursing the fact that I had given William a key, and pulled on some clothes, too tired to care that William was still standing there. He grabbed my hand, dragging me out in to the lounge, picking up a basket of some sort and pulling me to the door.

“William, what are you doing? Where are we going? Seriously, I have to go to school tomorrow… I mean, today,” I complained as William walked us down the stairs and outside. William didn’t answer any of my questions and we walked in silence for a while, until William stopped walking and I guessed we had arrived. I squinted into the darkness, the half moon only barely luminating the scene. I realised we were at the lake we had been at just yesterday.

Before I could ask yet another question, William settled down on the ground beside the lake, much like yesterday, and pulled out a blanket from the basket beside him, spreading it down over the grass.

“Moonlight picinic?” William asked with a grin, which I returned as I joined him on the blanket. William began pulling out various items of food and placing them in front of us.

“Only the finest of foods,” I said with a laugh, eyeing up the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. William laughed and handed me one.

“Wow, I do have to say that you can make a damn good sandwich,” I said thoughtfully, biting into the sticky sandwich.

“Why thank you, Bee.” He was silent for a moment. “So, when is Gabe coming back?”

“Next Monday,” I replied quietly.

“Hmm, so I guess I have to back off then, huh?”

“Well, unless you want Gabe to know?”

“Not really.”

“Then yeah,” I said with a sigh, I wasn’t looking forward to being without William, but the excitement I felt for Gabe coming back made up for it.

“Speaking of tour, how long do you have off?” I asked, and William looked everywhere but at me.

“Uh, well I actually canceled tour.”

“What? Why?”

“I just wasn’t…into the music like usual. And everyone, the band, the fans, they all knew it. After the break up with Christine, everything just wasn’t the same. So the guys and I decided to cancel the tour until I got everything sorted out,” William said with a grim smile, showing that everything wasn’t exactly worked out just yet. I took his hand, giving him as smile.

“Hey, how about a moonlight swim?” I asked, and he gave me a geniune smile.

“You’re on.” We both striped down until we were both in our underwear, and ran down to the lake, cannonballing and disturbing the calm of the lake.

As we broke the surface, we were both laughing. I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to me, wrapping my arms around him as we both paddled to stay afloat.

“Can I tell you something, and you have to promise not to freak out?” I asked him, my eyes sizing him up warily.

“Absolutely, go ahead,” William said quietly, smiling.

“I think… I think I really like you. Really, really like you. No, I think I’m in like with you,” I said quickly, trying to read his face for any hints of what he was thinking. I wasn’t sure if I loved him yet, but I knew I cared for him deeply.

“I think…” He started off slowly, a smile forming once more. “I think I’m in like with you too.” And with that, he kissed me gently, and it was perfect. Everything was perfect.

Finally, we decided to head back to my house, both of us in wet clothes.

“I’m off to take a shower, help yourself to Gabe’s clothes,” I said with a laugh.

“Alright, and when you come back, I’ll treat you to my infamous Beckett hot chocolates,” William called out to me.

“Sounds dangerous,” I said with a laugh. I returned mintues later, drying off my hair with a towel, and smiling at William, who was sitting at the table with two steaming mugs.

“Try this, it will change your life!” William said, laughing at his own lame statement, pushing one of the mugs forward. I grabbed it, feeling the warmth seep into the palms of my hands and taking a sip of the warm liquid. All of a sudden, I heard footsteps dragging down the hall, the footsteps I had trained myself to know and I jumped up in shock.

“Shit!” I whispered and William gave me a look.

“Not exactly the reaction I was looking for…”

“No! Gabe is home early!” William’s eyes widened and he opened his mouth in surprise.

“I thought he was coming home on Monday?” William whispered.

“So did I.” The footsteps were getting closer and I could hear Gabe humming to himself happily. I turned back to William.

“Quick! Make like Edward Cullen and get in my closest!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the Twlight reference, I just had to put that one in there ^.^
I'm really sorry if this one seems rushed, because, well, it kinda was. I really wanted to update to make up for the fact that I won't be able to update for the next week (homework/work/studying/family related shit) so I was trying to get this one out here.

Well, next time I update, Gabe will be in it for real, so isn't that just damn exciting? Haha, this ones for Annie, because she is sick, so yeah, get better soon! Oh and my awesometastic friend Seraphim who I idolize as a writer, for giving me such an awesome comment! :]
Thanks to forevermore90 for helping out with the Spanish!
Also, I wanna thank all of you who commented! You honestly make my day so a massive thanks to; Supz, RememberingMonday, checkyesjuliet, Hey Kirsten(Who I'm completely jealous of because she's gonna get Cassadee hair ^.^), underdog93, forever young, TaylerLynn and Midnight Angel. You guys are amazing, thank you all for reading!

(Oh, and if anyone is annoyed that I put ^that^ in all my authors notes, just tell me. I like to let people know that I appreciate their feedback, but if it annoys anyone, I'll take it away ^.^)

((Sorry if there are any mistakes I didn't find, my spell check died >.< ))