Status: Finished.

It's the Mess That Feels So Right...

Quinze.

Image

With a run and jump, I crashed onto the couch, my hands grasping for the comforter and pulling it over my head, trying to steady my breathing. My entire face flushed as I remembered the last time this comforter had been used…

My ears listened carefully to every sound that Gabe made, as he cursed being unable to find his key, patting himself down till he found it, wiggling it into the lock, barging into the room and dropping his bag, followed by more cursing as he had dropped them on his foot. Under the comforter, I was fighting back a smile as my heart speed up with the familiar sounds of Gabe Saporta.

He walked over to where I was lying on the couch, sitting down beside me as I felt the couch sink from his weight. He pulled back the blanket, and stroked my face, kissing my forehead softly. Then it was time for me to ‘wake up.’ I screwed my face up, before I opened my eyes and yawned, blinking up at Gabe before a huge smile spilt across my face, and I jumped on the older man, almost causing him to lose his balance and fall off the couch.

“Gabe! You’re back!” I yelled, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying myself into the nape of his neck with content. This was no act, I was so thrilled just to have him back with me, and everything was all right again. Gabe stayed silent, stroking my hair, but I knew he was smiling.

“Hola, mi querida,” He breathed, almost silently, the smile now evident in his voice.

“You’re here! But, it’s so early…?” I looked up at him, confused. He still had two more tour dates before he was supposed to come home.

He pulled away to look down at me with his infamous grin. “Surprise! The last few dates had to be cancelled because the stadium we were supposed to perform in had flooded, so instead, we are adding to more tour dates on our next tour, and now here I am!”

I grinned back at him, hugging him again. “I’m so happy you’re back.”

“Me too, mi querida, me too. But, I am in desperate need of a shower, with actual hot water and no Suarez walking in on me halfway through, so I shall be right back.” Gabe laughed and jumped off the couch.

“Oh, that was you? I thought Caleb had forgotten to throw out that leftover Chinese takeout from weeks ago!” I said, cringing teasingly, and Gabe, who was walking backwards to the hallway, poked his tongue out at me, before tripping over the bags he had left sprawled on the floor. This made me laugh harder, as he lay in a crumpled heap, and Shylo, being the fierce guard dog she was, finally came out to see the ‘intruder’ and began yapping in his ear. Gabe gave her a quick pat, before standing up and stalking off to the bathroom, muttering something about only being home for two minutes and already being picked on.

I smiled again, sinking back into the couch, and patting Shylo who had joined me, contently. I almost, almost, forgot the man I had stowed away in my closet.

Wow, that sounded weird.

I listened, waiting until I heard Gabe turn the shower to full blast, no doubt using all the hot water, and began singing Wham!, which, even though it was early hours in the morning, the entire apartment block could hear, before going to save William from the unknown depths that is my closet.

“Alright Bill, you got to go before Gabe comes out and goes psycho on your ass, literally,” I murmured, pulling open the closet door to see William wedged between various soft toys and clothing.

“Well it’s about time! I almost thought you had forgotten about me, seriously, the one eyed Barney was freaking me out,” William muttered with a smile, wrapping his arms around me for a hug.

“Barney’s in there?” I asked, momentarily distracted, peering around William to look into the closet. Then the loud chorus of ‘Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go’ stopped and both Will and I froze until we heard the first verse of ‘Girls Just Want To Have Fun’ being sung at an obnoxious level. William smirked and I sighed in relief.

“That was close. Alright, go on, get out of here!” I said with a smile, cuddling into him for a quick hug.

“One more kiss? Please?” William pouted and I couldn’t resist, placing my lips softly on his, before doing everything but pushing him out the door so that he wouldn’t get caught.

“I’ll see you later okay?” I said with a smile, William nodded in reply; accompanied with a wink before sauntering off down the hallway, thinking I couldn’t see the sadness his eyes held that he had to stay away for a while. A few moment’s later, Gabe paraded out into the lounge, in only a towel. I tried to look at his face and not focus on all the little droplets racing down his torso and beading together at-

“I know, I’m sexy,” Gabe saidreading my mind cockily, twirling around and shaking his butt a little bit, before looking behind him to see if it still looked as good as it did yesterday. I rolled my eyes.

“That’s what you think,” I said with a smirk. Gabe laughed and flipped me off, waddling into the kitchen for something to eat. I sat back down on the couch, fighting sleep for the prize of my eyelids staying open.

“Bee…” Gabe whined, plopping down on the couch next to me, his infamous I’m-as-cute-as-a-five-year-old pout etched to his lips as he stared up at me. I hummed to let him know I was listening.

“I need to ask you something…” My heart speed up, those few words could never mean anything good. Or could they? Suddenly I was wide-awake, looking at him with confused eyes, commanding my speeding heart to slow down.

“Y-yes?”

“Well, I just wanted to know if we… could go to Chuck E. Cheese? I’m hungry and I haven’t been there in ages!” Gabe said, grinning at me. I looked at him for a second, blinking slowly before reacting.

“You are such an idiot, Gabe!” I groaned, trying not to laugh, as I slouched back down into the comfy couch.

“Well, you always told me to be myself.” Gabe shot me that lopsided grin before continuing. “But why not?”

“Okay, how about the fact that one, you’re not wearing anything but a towel and yes, that may be okay to wear to a sleazy dance club, but to a children’s restaurant? No. Two, I have to go to school tomorrow, ugh, I mean today and I’m exhausted, and finally, no slightly sane Chuck E. Cheese owner would be open at,” I looked up at the clock. “Three forty-five.” I explained, listing the reasons on my fingers.

Gabe pouted again. “Well, why do you have to go to school? I only just got home!”

“Uh, Gabe, it’s kind of a compulsory law.”

“Laws smores! I’m granting you the day off tomorrow so you can spend it with me!” Gabe yelled, forgetting how late it was… again. “But on one condition. You have to promise to take me to Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow.”

I let out a small sleepy laugh while nodding. “Okay, I promise.”

“You need sleep! Go to bed, you!” Gabe commanded with a grin. I nodded again, but just fell forward onto the couch beside Gabe, exhaustion taking over. Gabe jumped up and walked down the hall, returning moments later wearing only a pair of pyjama pants. Just as I was about to fall into what felt like a coma, Gabe slipped his body under mine, kissing my forehead, and wrapping his arms around me. Then finally, I was able to fall asleep, and for once it was a deep nightmare free sleep, with the man responsible for me still breathing right there with me. Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I do hope everyone had/ is having a great Halloween! Well, I guess the trick was on me, because when I went to update, surprise surprise! The chapter had gone walk about and my evil computer deleted it >.< Ugh. So I had to write this not-as-good-as-the-orignal chapter quickly so I could update, and it was completely different to how it was supposed to turn out, so, sorry about that.

Well Gabe is back, hazzah! I thought there should be a few ‘fun-ish’ scene’s before the drama shows up ‘properly’.

Oh and, thank you!! I am now at ten stars, and this actually shocked me, because this is the most read story I’ve written so that makes me really happy that you all read and enjoy this story. It makes me smile. Like this --> : D …yeah. So thank you to to TalkingIsMyLife, Dannie Abandonment, Supz[for making me update!), underdog93, Midnight Angel(by the way, I think you’re right about ^ this whole thing!), Seraphim (For her loyal love to Caleb, and standing around a rubbish bin with me, talking about him ^.^), MCRchick123, laughingatu1312, Hey Kirsten, SilencedPoet_, forever young, forevermore90, the.ugly.organ, AnnaGraceIs...Witty.. Your feedback means a lot to me, so thanks for taking the time to, well, feedback!

Also, thank you Heliena for letting me bounce ideas off you ^.^. (Oh, and I’ve already started writing the next chapter for you all, so look out for that!)