Status: Finished.

It's the Mess That Feels So Right...

Epilogue.

Image

“Caleb, this is ridiculous, get out of the closet!” I sighed through clenched teeth, my frustration being let out on the door knob as I tried to pry it open.

“No! You can’t make me!” Caleb’s immature reply sounded out through the wood.

“Come on, Caleb! Just get out of the closet!” I tried again.

“Nooooo! I don’t wanna go!”

“Caleb! Come out of the closet!”

“Yeah, Caleb, you should come out of the closet, in more ways than one!” Gabe added, walking in with a smile, instantly causing me to do the same, as he wound his arms around my waist lovingly, his hand falling on top of mine and pulling the door open with ease.

“Show off,” I muttered playfully as Caleb fell to the floor, lifting himself up and brushing himself of indifferently.

“Fucker,” Caleb muttered, biting his cheeks to keep from laughing.

“Alright, time for you to go, Cass is waiting,” Gabe said, sniffing back tears and looking around nonchalantly, before letting out what sounded like a painful moan and throwing himself at Caleb, Caleb mirroring his actions.

“Don’t go!”

“Don’t make me go!” They hugged each other, swinging each other around then letting go, looking around the room and shoving their hands in their pockets like nothing had happened.

That was my cue to let out a loud laugh, that quickly turned into a cry like Gabe had done before, causing Caleb to push Gabe away and encompass me in a tight squeeze.

“You will call, right? You won’t just forget me and make a new totally awesome best friend?” Caleb moaned and I laughed through the wetness on my cheeks.

“I don’t think there is anyone else on this planet that can replace you! But you can’t forget me either, okay? Or I’ll be flying out there and knocking my memory back into your head with my fist.”

“I’m going to miss you too,” Caleb said with a laugh, hugging me a little tighter, before letting go with a sigh and walking back out to the lounge with Gabe and I in tow. Cass waited at the door, her own face pulled down with sadness at the thought of her son leaving.

It had been five and a half months since that night Gabe and I both revealed our feelings toward each other, and since then, everything had changed, and what surprised me the most is that I didn’t run away from change, I embraced it.

Graduation came and went, Caleb surprising everyone including himself by actually being allowed to graduate, despite hardly ever showing up to class. He surprised everyone further by announcing that he had decided to take up a college degree in fashion and designing over in Chicago, and I couldn’t be more proud of him. As much as he said he didn’t want to go and all that hiding in my closet drama, I knew he was excited as anything, and I couldn’t be more proud.

Just as those thoughts ran through my head, I grabbed Caleb’s shoulders from behind him and hugged him tightly, knowing it would be at least a few months before we could see each other again.

“I’m so proud of you, Cay. You are going to do amazing,” I whispered, smiling as he turned around and looked at me with a grin, embracing me.

“Thank you, so much. And you will most obviously succeed in whatever it is you chose to do.”

“Well Caleb, are you ready to go? Everything’s in the car and ready to go,” Cass said with a smile, her eyes betraying her real thoughts on her only son leaving the nest. Caleb nodded and hugged Gabe and I once more, before heading to the door.

“Love you,” He said with a smile, eyes filling with tears, as Gabe and I both whispered it back, and before I really could take in the whole scene, he was gone. Just like that.

Gabe placed his hands on my hips, pulling me into him with no needed pressure; I was already falling into his chest, trying not to cry.

“Don’t worry, Baby Bee, it’s not like he’s going forever!” Gabe ran his hands through my hair, then running his skilled fingers up my spine and calling out to the goose bumps rising on my skin.

I smiled as Gabe wiped the excess tears away with his thumbs, kissing me softly on the nose as that feeling of being truly loved returning, although it never really went far.

Gabe dragged me over to the couch, falling onto his back as I followed, propping my chin up on his chest so I could look at him, as I thought over what the last couple of months had bought us.

Cobra Starship had been rocketing to fame, becoming more successful each and every day, but never losing the Cobra-esque feel to their music, still being the lovable band the fans had known since the start. The result of this often meant that Gabe had to leave because of the increase of tours, but I was okay with this. I knew as much as he did that his heart was here, and I would always be the one to hold it.

Whenever these tours occurred and I couldn’t accompany, I stayed with Cass, even more so now that Caleb was moving out to Chicago. Cass even invested in some allergy medication, and fell in love with Shylo who would go over to stay as often as possible.

I had taken a gap year after graduating and was now co-manager alongside Cass in her little boutique, which I enjoyed immensely and was now considering taking up a course in management and owning a business, with a hope to one day open my own business.

As for William, well, last I heard he has been in a steady relationship with a girl that was introduced to him by his mother, and I couldn’t be happier for him. Gabe warned me that The Academy Is... were set to have a new album out in the near future, and that the occasional lyric could be directed at me, but I felt no remorse when hearing this. He had a right to find a way through our break up as much as I did, and if that helped him move on, then so be it.

I am still really good friends with the rest of the boys from The Academy Is... despite the events that went down, and they told me straight out that they were glad we separated because now the both of us are happier, and they were right, but I would never admit this otherwise they’d need a trailer for their egos.

“Hey, Bee?”

"Yeah, Gabey?” I mumbled, my eyes slowly drooping into a dazed expression, as his warm hands moved around my back, relaxing all the muscles beneath them. He let out a small chuckle, and leant forward to place a delicate kiss on my forehead, another endless smile being released from my lips.

“I love you,” He replied simply, and it was. It was simple.

“I love you too, Gabriel,” I replied, that dazed smile still apparent.

Between us, our love was nothing but simple. He loved me, he saved me, he broke me, he put me back together. And I did the same to him. On the outside, we were a mess of broken memories and break downs, and some people would never be able to get around how messed up our love was.

But somewhere between it all, the mess was what kept us together, it was what made loving each other so exciting and fulfilling. He needed me, as much as I needed him and that was all that mattered. After all, it’s the mess that feels so right.
♠ ♠ ♠
The longest final author’s note in the history of the last five minutes!

First off to all those who so badly wanted some Caleb/William action!

The back story is that Caleb didn’t really got to a college in Chicago, he moved to Vegas with William, got married by fat Elvis that turned out to be James Blunt in disguise, hey who could have known, and then William popped out a few kids, they lived on a little hill in Sweden selling fruit kebabs to old people. Obviously.

Anywayyyyy. First off! I have to say, I have been writing this story for about nine months now, and it is the only story I have ever finished and actually liked the ending, so woo! I was considering a sequel then decided against it, I liked how it ended, even if it was a cliché, and also, it’s cruel to drag Bee and Gabe through more crap!

Okay, now for the thanks! Thank you to anyone and everyone who enjoyed, read, subscribed, commented, loved, hated, sexed up and/or finished reading this story! And to everyone who made me banners, discussed Caleb around a bin with me, let me bounce ideas off them, edited my chapters, whored out my story, gave me constructive criticism, commented me on my profile and became my friend and just thank you to everyone! Without you, I wouldn’t have come this far.

To all these people, I want to fly to wherever you are and hug you for just being amazing!

Lyin’ Eyes, unique., Seraphim, The Truth Is Ours, catastrophe, MidnightAngel, www.thesex.com, Divaa xo, inexorable, checkyesjuliet, TheLightInMyHead, Lonewolf, TalkingIsMyLife, Viva La Kirsten!, the.ugly.organ, SilencedPoet_, MCRchick123, chasing the night, xxsykee, Brendon Urie, Supz, forevermore90, TaylerLynn, forever young, underdog93, laughingatu1312, unraveled words, NicciNarcissist, xX-Kelbi-Xx, oatmeal774, iraisah, maccaveen, dark_rose, ryland_beckett, kaleeseesincolour, FairEnough_!, whimsicalPURPLE, alex-gaskarth, ihatelovingyou, WELIKETOPARTY, FallenIce, Butchsky Exists, dreee., nicole., paperthin, Smashley, skitzy09, boycott love, steph goes rawr, Only. Hope., wawaweewa16, Stef., revenge_is_mine, See., Watermelon Smiles, kcling, WhyAskSpencer, ChemicallyImbalanced, Justinian.!, TheLondonlush (By the way, do you know how cool you are?!), NeverSurrenderx3, d.I.o.m.o, SixtyNine, CoolKids, Say This Sooner, himynameiskayla, iheartdropdead, oh! HANNAH, KissMySass_, Twisted Sensations_xo.

You guys are all drop dead gorgeous and amazing. All of you are wonderful and nice, and honestly helped me get this story to the standard it is. I’m gonna miss you all. In fact, from time to time, I might just stalk you on mibba and drop in and say hi (: Would you mind?

Okay, so that’s it. It’s all over. Done, dusted, complete. Oh, and for those who care, which I’m guessing is hardly any of you, I am in the midst of plotting out a new story but it will be sometime before it’s up here. It’s really different to this story though.

Oh and Caleb will be back, probably popping in and out of my other stories, I love him to much to just put him away!

THANK YOU! <3 (:

FIN.