Counting Down The Days To Go

Holy Confessions

“Chanel. Toilet?” I whispered to Chanel who was sitting to the right of me in homeroom.

She nodded and we stood up. I quickly turned to Mike and mouthed ‘toilet’ to let him know where I was going. He nodded and Chanel and I walked up to the teacher to ask for permission to go to the toilet. The teacher gave a snort and dismissed us to the loo.

We entered the toilet and I went around kicking all the toilet stalls’ doors just to make sure no one was in the toilet eavesdropping on our conversation.

“What’s up?” Chanel asked, her grey eyes transfixed on me after I had finish kicking.

I stared into the mirror and gave a sigh.

“Promise not to tell anyone?” I asked. I know Chanel would not’t tell anyone but I had to make sure first.

“Promise.” Chanel said as she sat herself on top of the counter.

“I just can’t keep it inside anymore. I feel like I’m going to burst if I don’t tell anyone soon so I need you as a listening ear,” I said with a small smile.

“I’m all ears,” She said gently.

“I…I…I think I might have a crush on…” I paused. “Mike.”

Chanel only nodded without any comment. That’s what I like about her. She always thinks before she speaks and she actually considered others' feelings before saying something.

“So what seems to be the problem?” She asked.

“It’s just that Amanda likes him too. And she’s my best friend so I can’t do this to her and she might be pissed at me so I can’t tell her how I feel and I think Mike likes someone else so I’m terribly confused and I just don’t know what to do,” I said in one big breath.

“Oh. Well, it’s not your fault that you like Mike. Some things just can’t be helped. And technically, you aren’t stealing Mike from Amanda because they are not together or anything. I suppose Amanda’s crush is just be one-sided judging from his behavior towards her. Do you know who Mike likes?”

“No. He won’t tell me. He says he isn’t ready yet so I have not idea who he likes. I just know that she’s a senior and I know her very well.” I gave another sigh and looked at Chanel.

“Chanel, what should I do?”

“If I were you, I would be content with the relationship Mike and I have now. You guys are friends. Close friends who are always sticking together since he doesn’t seem to hang out with anyone else but you.”

She made a point right there. I should be happy with what I’ve already got, right?

“You haven’t known him for very long so I wouldn’t suggest you to jeopardize your friendship with him by confessing to him now. Maybe just keep it under wraps for now and see how things progress?” Chanel said.

“See how things progress? What do you mean?” I asked, bewildered.

She gave a mere shrug and said, “ Let’s go back now or the teacher would be pissed.”

“Alright,” I said and followed her out of the toilet. Once Chanel changed the subject, I knew better than to force things out of her. She was weird in a way that she thinks differently from other people. She thinks in a somewhat mature way and I love that about her. I guess I would have to take Chanel's advice and just play it cool for now.

I should be content with the status quo, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but important. I stress the word, clue.

If you guys realized, this is the first time she told anyone about her feelings for Mike. :D

comments are greatly appreciated! (: