Counting Down The Days To Go

Love Ghost.

After lunching at a nice restaurant called Seafood Harvest that Amanda and I frequent, Mike and I came up with a really good plan to chill out at my house and hold a horror movie marathon. We decided to do it at my house as Mike has never been there and I have a home theater system while Mike’s dad hadn’t hook up theirs yet. His parents were also out of town for the weekend so Mike was free to do as he like.

We headed to a video store on the way back and rented out The Strangers, The Omen and last but not least, 4Bia. We also bought some fresh popcorn and placed Mike’s new guitar at his own place on the way home.

Very soon, Mike and I were on the comfortable blue couch, watching the opening credits of The Omen. It came out on 06/06/06 but I never had a chance to watch it. Mike had watched it once.

“Ready for some horror?” Mike asked.

“You bet,” I replied with a small smirk.

“Now, don’t go burrowing into my chest when you’re scared,” Mike said with a smile.

Damn. I was fantasizing about doing that the whole ride home. Oh well.

“Oh, I won’t. Don’t you go running out of the house after being scared shitless,” I said.

The opening scene of The Omen came on and we fell silent.

***[/size=150]

“Now that wasn’t so bad, was it?” Mike said as I slowly lifted my head up from the crook in between his neck and chest. Right. I did what I told Mike I wouldn’t do. But you can’t blame me! 4Bia was just too scary for my tastes. It was a horror movie from Thailand and there was four horror stories in it altogether. The last one was just too scary for me. In The Omen and The Strangers, I yelped, screamed and squeezed Mike’s arm a couple of times. But while watching 4Bia, I just couldn’t hide my fear anymore.

It was about eleven at night and after watching all those horror movies, I was scared shitless. My parents were still not home and no doubt, they were working overtime. Sigh. That is the sort of care and concern you get by being the daughter of a stocks analysis and a managing director of some big company.

Mike stretched and yawned, making me yawn too.

“It is rather late,” Mike said.

“Indeed. Now I’m scared of mirrors and people randomly killing me but my parents aren’t home yet. So I have one big empty house all to myself. Great.” I said with a sigh.

“Oh, come on. It wasn’t that scary. Do you want me to stay and accompany you for the night?” Mike asked gently.

A million thoughts flashed past me and about half of them were related to something sexual. What do you expect? I'm a teenage girl with raging hormones. But there were more than enough guest bedrooms so even if Mike were to stay; we wouldn’t be sleeping on the same bed. But then again, Mike and me alone at night, in an otherwise empty house definitely made my imaginative mind wander off.

“Well, if you don’t mind. There are guest bedrooms so you can stay in there,” I said with a grateful smile. Knowing me, if Mike hadn’t offered to stay, I would have been unable to sleep the whole night.

Just then, the phone rang, startling the both of us. I reached over Mike to grab the phone.

“Hey honey. Mommy here,” My mom said. Judging from the smirk on Mike’s face, he had heard what my mom said.

“Mom. Where are you?” I asked, worried.

“There’s just too much work for me to finish. I’m so sorry. Daddy has some problems at work too. I doubt that any of us would be able to make it back tonight. I’m so sorry,” My mom said hurriedly.

“Oh. It’s alright. Is it okay if my friend stayed over?” I asked.

“Sure sure. Listen honey, I’ve got to go. You have a great night, alright? Bye.” My mom said in one breath and hanged up on me.

“My mom and dad just confirmed that they wouldn’t be home tonight. Thanks so much for offering to stay,” I told Mike as I placed the phone back.

“No problem,” Mike said. “What do you want to do now?”

I gave out another yawn. “I’m beat. Do you want to turn in early?”

“Sure,” Mike said, stifling a yawn.

I led him up to the second level and showed him to one of the guest bedrooms. I walked into my dark bedroom, got some spare toiletries for Mike and went back to the guest room.

“Here, these are some stuff for you,” I said, putting down the stuff on the bed.

“Thanks,” He said and placed the things on the small table beside the bed.

“So…goodnight,” I said.

“Yeah, goodnight,” Mike said, his green eyes resting on me.

I turned stiffly and walked back slowly to my bedroom. I off all the lights except for my small lamp and stared at the ceiling.

“Oh my god. Mike is like two doors down from me. And yet he is two doors too far,” I thought glumly to myself.

Just then, I thought I saw a shadow flicker across the wall. My curtains began blowing around eerily as I had forgotten to close my windows. I tiptoed across the room to close the curtain with my heart thumping loudly inside my chest. Those horror movies had really scared me. Suddenly, I thought I saw something from the corner of my eye but upon turning, I only saw my bed. I breathed out a sigh of relieve but just then, my night lamp got knocked off the small table.

My heart was racing with fear of the supernatural and I decided to leave the room. I crept down to Mike’s room and did what I thought I would never do in a million years.

I gave a couple of knocks and pushed open the unlocked door to see Mike snuggled in the blankets.

“Crystal?” Mike asked.

“Yeah, it’s me,” I said.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, sitting up on the bed.

“I…Can…I’m scared.”

“Aww. Come here and let me give you a hug,” Mike said good-naturedly.

I walked over and sat down on the bed, letting Mike’s arms envelope me into a hug.

“Do you want to stay with me for awhile?” He asked softly.

I gave a small nod and snuggled into the bed, only to realize then that Mike was only in his boxers.

He draped an arm carelessly over my waist and pulled me close into him, leaving my nose only a few millimeters from his chest. I was self-conscious and shy to say the least.

After a few minutes of staring at Mike’s perfect features, sleep overtook me and I must have been the happiest unconscious person on the whole wide world.
♠ ♠ ♠
heehee.

finals started today.
mysuicidal? sick friend is scaring me.
mom is asking me to off the computer.
i need to study physics!

:D