Freaks and Fortune

WELL WELL WELL look who’s back with a 2022 update and a complete shot in the dark in case anyone is still here.

1. Writing update: Last time I was here I said I was going to rewrite one of my stories and post it again but, as it happens, nobody has time for that shit. I also said I was working on a story about a girl who teams up with a Demon Hunter — that story has morphed into something pretty different and something I’m extremely proud of. Currently working on finishing the manuscript and will be posting updates as I go on a fun little nightmare adventure of trying to get published for the first time.

2. Face reveal: I hope this isn’t a surprise to anyone, but when I started writing and posting weirdly personal details about my life on the internet as a teenager, I decided to use a fake name. You know me as Sophie and you can absolutely continue to call me that, or you can call me by my real name: Amy. Really only telling you this because I’d like to start talking to you with my actual face. My writing TikTok handle is @a.f.wright if you’re interested. And if you are interested, pretty pretty please come say hi. Writing is too lonely without you.

3. Where the heck did the stories go?: You guys are the only ones allowed to see my real face and name and connect me with the stories on here. NOBODY ELSE MUST KNOW. I’m definitely still proud of these old stories, but I really want to try to get published and I’m not ready to invite the world to see anything less than perfect. Also, reading back over my author’s notes on each chapter, I realize that I was a feral child who should not have been trusted to go outside alone. So I’m going to go through and save each story soon, then take them off Mibba. If you want to read them, you can message me and I’ll happily share. I’m sorry I’m making it inconvenient, I hope you understand!

4. I love you: Depression is ass. Thank you for all the hilarious and kind and lovely messages after my update last year.

5. TikTok one more time: @a.f.wright for further updates on life and writing. Maybe I’ll do an IG or Twitter too, but I think TikTok would give me a better shot at being published if I’m honest. Let me know what you think.

Love from,
Sophie/Amy

Image

Ivy Bailey, a teenage runaway, tries to find her place within the endlessly moving world of Piccadilly's Family Circus and Carnival. She must earn her keep as an errand-girl and try to avoid the circus' troublemaking fire-breather: Calvin Orion. But Cal simply refuses to leave her to her work and quickly becomes a mysterious element of adventure Ivy didn't bargain for.
  1. 01
    Ivy Bailey
  2. 02
    Anthony
  3. 03
    Ravi
  4. 04
    In which Ivy is tricked
  5. 05
    In which we meet Ravi... And Ravi
  6. 06
    In which Cal returns and Ravi asks a question
  7. 07
    In which we meet eight elephants
  8. 08
    In which Cal asks a question and hint-hints are dropped like crazy
  9. 09
    In which Cal attacks
  10. 10
    In which Ivy gets the job
  11. 11
    In which we uncover Ravi's secret and Anthony's lament
  12. 12
    In which Ivy becomes Lady Luck and Cal is drunk
  13. 13
    In which Aqua pulls off a scam and Anthony has something planned
  14. 14
    In which the gang plays a little T&D
  15. 15
    In which Cal packs up
  16. 16
    In which Cal breaks down
  17. 17
    In which Cal returns with a broken heart
  18. 18
    In which Ravi lies
  19. 19
    In wich Cal drinks the purple drank
  20. 20
    In which we uncover Cal's secret and Ivy is kissed
  21. 21
    In which Ivy is upset
  22. 22
    In which Cal explains
  23. 23
    In which all is not well
  24. 24
    In which Ivy and Cal have the day off
  25. 25
    In which Anthony is found
  26. 26
    In which things heat up
  27. 27
    In which Ivy apologizes
  28. 28
    In which Ivy finds Ravi
  29. 29
    In which Cal makes an accusation
  30. 30
    In which Aqua hint-hints
  31. 31
    In which something unexpected happens
  32. 32
    In which Cal is drunk and our boys are reunited
  33. 33
    In which some stuff happens...
  34. 34
    In which we learn Cal's rules and there are fireworks
  35. 35
    In which Cal tells a secret
  36. 36
    In which there is a birthday and a realization
  37. UPDATE 2020
  38. UPDATE 2022