I Hope to God He Was Worth It

New Begining

Image

---

Watching the ocean rise and fall making the water creep up towards my feet making the sand damp, made me wonder why I was really even here.
Smelling the salty ocean fill my lungs and making a great smell every time I took a breath.

"You're always out here," Brendon my older brother sighed as he came and sat by me.

His skin was as light as mine; his eyes were fixed on me as my hair fell in my face.

"It's quiet, and out of the ordinary. Somewhere to get away before we leave to Las Vegas." I sighed as I picked up a sea shell ready to throw it out into the open ocean and hear the splash and imagine it sinking to the bottom.
"You know dad, once he gets his chance to get more money he takes it. This time he included us into it also," Brendon said as he searched for another shell to throw it into the ocean with me.
"I wish mom was here. She would refuse to leave this place and dad wouldn't leave without mom, for any amount of money," I sighed as I stood up and moved towards the ocean.
"Remember when mom and dad used to get too lovey in front of us so we came here and met up with Ryan?" Brendon laughed as the ocean fell at out feet yet again.
"Yea, I'm going to miss those times. But, at least Ryan's family is moving to Las Vegas too. Our dad could never have a life without Ryan's dad," I laughed with him as I stepped into the icy water feeling chills come up through my spine.
"Your parents said you guys would be down here," I heard Ryan laugh as I heard the sand crush under his bare feet.
"I'm going to miss this place," Ryan sighed as he stood next to me.
"Brendon, Ryan, Kayley!" I heard my step mom yell as we all turned around to see her waving us to get in the car.
"Oh yea I'm riding with you guys," Ryan laughed as we trudged on back to the car.
"Great, the parents are going to be annoyed by all of us," Brendon laughed as we climbed into the van.

We all sat in the back farthest away from the parents with Brendon in the middle.

"I'm tired Bren, can I sleep on you, please?" I asked with my bottom lip quivering.
"Sure," he sighed after a while of him staring at me and Ryan laughing.
"Yay!" I squealed as I unbuckled my seat belt and placed my head in Brendon's lap.

I guess you can say we have gotten along ever since childhood.

"You can lie across both of us if you want," Ryan said politely as he smiled at me.
"Okay," I smiled back as I stretched out across both of them staring at Ryan as he looked away shyly.

Ryan and I never really had a conversation as long as we knew each other.
We just stared, smiled. And blushed at each other.
Until Ryan found Cynthia.
A beautiful skinny, green-eyed, red head that I could never own up to.
Yet we still shared those moments where he touches me slightly and we both blush madly at each other.
Brendon never really paid attention but he was sure to keep us apart, for unknown reasons.
I felt Ryan's hands stroke my side, was he really supposed to be touching me like he was?
I really didn't pay attention, or care at the moment because it was making me fall asleep faster then usual.