I Hope to God He Was Worth It

The End

Image

---

This was it, kick off.
The big game starting and they were recieving the ball, which means at the moment I was on the sidelines watching from afar.
Brittany is here, every time I glance at her she waves and smiles at me.
Whore.

"Linsky, Ross, get your asses out there!" Coach screamed at us as our offensive line came out onto the field.
"Green 17, green 17, hut hut hike." Ryan said as I ran to the 52 yard line.

Green 17 meant it it was a pass thrown to me.
Ryan threw me the ball and I caught it with one hand and ran all the way to the 38 line where i was tackled.
No one high fived me, or slapped my ass thank god, but I wasn't at all recognized for making that play.

"Looks like we got a golden boy over here!" Some random guy laughed on the other team as his team laughed with him.
"17 and goal, 17 and goal, hut hut hike!" Ryan yelled again as I tried to push my way through the deffensive line.
"Stop the game!" I heard a fimiliar voice yell as the referees blew their whistles and Brendon with Blair dragging along came onto the field.

Blair looked at me and then back at Brendon who was walking straight towards me.
Damn it, she told.

"Hi Derek!" Brendon said joyfully...Asshole.
"Brendon stop being fucking sarcastic and tell everyone already." I said as I started to take my helmet off.
"Everyone! Can I have your attention please!" Brendon yelled as he turned towards the crowd.

Everyone looked straight at him instantly as I sdtood there with my head down.

"This person here is not Derek, whom you all thought he was. Or should I say she. This person here is my very own little sister." Brendon said as I still looked down at the ground.
"Where's the proof?" Some guy in the crowd asked as everyone nodded and said various 'Yeas'.
"First off, she does not has a lip ring nor does it show that she has a hole in her lip for that. Second, Kayley has dark brown eyes when Derek has green eyes." Brendon said as I glared at him.

I hated him more then anything right now.

"Is it true?" Coach Rawl asked me as everyone turned there attention towards me.
I thought for a moment and answered "Yea."
"Well, you are hell of a player. Girl or not, you can still play if you like." Coach said as he thought through things.
"A girl can't play!" Ryan yelled as he jogged over to me.
"Ry-" The coach started.
"No, that's alright coach. I was going to leave anyways. Just remember Ryan, when you lose because A girl can't play, don't come crying to me." I said as I shoved my helmet into his stomach.
"I did this for you, but you weren't even worth my time." I said as I shook my head and jogged off of the football field.

Ryan's---POV

What did I do?

"Ryan go chase after her!" Coach Rawl yelled at me.
"My apoligies will mean nothing to her." I said softly.
"Can we please start the game up again?" My dad asked a referee, simply annoyed.
"Sorry dad, I need to go get her." I told my dad as I started to take my helmet off.
"W-What? This is your scholarship to any colleges that you would want to go to! Your giving all of this up for her?" My dad said as I dropped my helmet at his feet.

He was frustrated and furious at me, he spent most of his money and time on me to be in the best college that supported me so I could maybe, just maybe be drafted.

"I'm sorry dad, but I can't do this. I need to go get her." I sighed as I ran off of the field with my dad screaming at me to come back.

---

I walked into the locker room to hear faint crying.
I saw Kay sitting on a bench with her head in her hands.

"Kay." I said with a raspy voice that startled her.
"I told you, if you lost to not come crying to me." She said as she cleared her throat and tried to wipe away her tears.
"We didn't lose, please just forgive me." I asked her as she stood up and started putting things into her duffle bag.
"Here, I made it for you." She said as she shoved a photo album in my hands and walked away.

It had a heart shaped picture with her and I.
It was one time in the mallwhen I kissed her cheek and Brendon took a picture of it.
We looked so happy then, now were so far apart from each other.
I felt tears sting my eyes as I sat on the bench.
She was gone, and I could do nothing.