I Hope to God He Was Worth It

Dead

Image

---

"Have fun with the girls?" Brendon asked me as we walked home together.
"Yea." I shrugged as I opened the front door to see my dad lying on the ground.
"Oh god," Brendon said as he stepped around a puddle of blood my dad was in.
"I'm calling 911!" I said as I stumbled to the kitchen and found my step mom lying in her own pool of blood with the phone in her right hand. I instantly pulled out my cell phone and called 911.
"Dad is dead, he has no pulse," Brendon said as it looked like he was going to cry.

I couldn't help it any more, I started to sob while I tried to talk to the dispatcher.
I handed Brendon the phone and collapsed on the floor as he talked to the dispatcher and told her our address and everything else.

---

I sat on the back of the emergency ambulence with a grey blanket hanging over my shoulders as paramedics hurried around.
Brendon was drinking some coffee and was talking to a police officer as I sat there staring into space. "Are you alright," Ryan asked as he startled me.
I didn't know he was there. "I'm okay," I shrugged as he handed me a cup.
I shook my head and tried to give it back but he just chuckled. "It's hot chocolate," he said as he drank some from his white cup.

"I thought it was coffee," I laughed lightly as I took a big gulp feeling the warm sensation fall down my throat.
"Need anything else?" he asked me as he stood up.
"Just my boyfriend, then I'll be fine," I sighed.
"He doesn't love you," he mumbled as he walked away.

I just shook my head and took out my cell phone to call Derek.
The line kept ringing and ringing as I waited for his to pick up.
Maybe he was sleeping, like usual.
I shrugged and folded the grey blanket and set it where I was sitting.
I zipped up my hoodie and shoved my hands in my pockets heading down the sidewalk.
I passed by a photoshop and couldn't help but go in.
I love photography, plus I need to get some Christmas gifts, it's almost that time again!
I shifted through many photo albums and covers and didn't like any, until something on my way out caught my eye.
It had a heart into it where you could place a photo in there.
It was dark blue with light blue lineing and gold stars featured everywhere.
In black bold letters it said 'I Love You...' and on the back is said '...Forever.'
I smiled and thoughts of Ryan flowed into my head. "Are you looking to buy that miss?" a store clerk asked as her eyes glanced at what I was holding.

"Oh, yea I am planning on buying it," I smiled as I handed her the photo album and she scanned it.

I walked out of the photoshop back to my house seeing Ryan sitting up against A tree talking with Brendon.

"Hey you guys," I said happily, forgetting about everything horrible in my life for once.
"Hey, what's that?" Ryan asked as his hands reached for the bag.
"Nothing!" I said as I pulled th bag out of his reach.
"Fine!" he pouted as he crossed his arms and stuck his tounge out at me.

Brendon smiled for once tonight as I held the bag behind my back away from Ryan.

"Kay, we have to live with Ryan, now." Brendon said as I nodded.
"Yea my dad said we should all still be together, anyways you have no relatives to take care of you," Ryan said as he placed a hand on my shoulder.
"I'm perfectly fine with moving out of the house my dad and step mom died in," I said as I laughed a little bit at my sarcasticness.
"I am perfectly fine with that too," Brendon smiled as we headed for our house to see if enough people cleared out so Brendon and I could get out belongings.