I'll Make You Believe

Portion Two

Kayla stood in front of her full length mirror. She wasn't one for dressing up or putting on lots of makeup but when the occasion arose she found it quite enjoyable. Her one hope was that Timothy would not believe her being so dressed up was a sign of affection for him. If one thing was certain to her, it was that she could easily fall for Timothy. She had always been attracted to boys with too much confidence and charm.

At seven thirty on Friday night, Tim walked down his street, which coincidentally was also Kayla's, towards her house. Earlier that day, during lunch at school, Aaron had asked Tim if he was actually going to go on his date. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I?" Tim had replied. "Well, it would be pretty fun if you stood her up." Aaron had said with a gleam in his eye. Tim had never been like that though, he had lost his race with Aaron and was going to suffer the consequences.

Kayla watched as Timothy slowly made his way up their street. That was when she began to wonder what they would converse about whilst on their walk to the cinema. Kayla always enjoyed brainstorming and this was no exception. Love of literature? No, Tim certainly was not the type to read. Television programs? No, Kayla didn't watch Television. Music? Kayla thought music was promising, everyone enjoyed music.

Tim stood on Kayla's doorstep and rang the doorbell. Half a minute later, a tall woman with blonde hair, a face that looked more plastic than it did skin and boobs the size of coconuts answered the door.

"Hello dah-rling. How can I help you?" She asked Tim sweetly. He was a bit stunned to answer, let alone move his eyes away from her chest area.

Kayla walked through the house to the open front door that her mother had already answered. "Hello Timothy." She said. "Mother, this is Timothy. Timothy, this is my mother."

It was easy for Kayla to see where Timothy's head was. It was where all adolescent boy's heads where when meeting her mother for the first time. "Timothy." She said again.

"Ohh. Right." Tim said, shaking his head a little. "Hi, Kayla's mum."

"Kayla dah-rling. Why didn't you tell me you had a new boyfriend?" Kayla's mother asked her condescendingly.

"Timothy is not my boyfriend. We are just going on a date. I will be home later mother, good bye." Kayla replied.

"Toodles dah-rlings. Have fun!" Kayla's mother called as she walked out the front door and down her front path.

Tim was slightly in shock. Kayla's mum was hot? How could that be, he wondered, when Kayla herself was rather plain. To be fair, he did think Kayla was pretty, in a way, but nothing in comparison to her mother. It seemed highly necessary to express this point.

"Woah. You're mum's smokin'!" He exclaimed.

"Thank you Timothy. That is exactly what every girl wants to hear from a boy when he's taking her to the movies." Kayla said sarcastically.

Tim laughed. "Right. Sorry."

They walked along the footpath and Tim thanked God that the movies were only about a five minute walk from their homes. He was no good at creating pointless conversation with anyone, especially anyones who he had nothing in common with and had never really liked that much.

"I was originally going to inquire about this a little later in the evening, but I have decided I would much rather get it out of the way now. Why have you asked me here tonight?" Kayla asked, hoping the answer would allow her to retain her dignity.

"Ohhh. I lost a race with Aaron and he said that the loser had to go on a date with you. So, here we are." Tim said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay." Kayla said. The answer in no way hurt her. She had of course, never expected the reason to be that he had an romantic feelings for her. She was just relieved that it was not so he could pull some stupid, teenage prank on her. But then again, she wondered, if he was going to pull a nasty prank on her, would he have told her?

"Since we've started talking about this. Why did you accept?" Tim asked curiously.

"Free movie. "Said Kayla casually. It was close enough to the truth, she thought. No point getting into the fact that she thought it might actually be fun.

"Hey! Since when was I paying!?" Tim asked, pretending to be outraged.

"Since I didn't bring any money." Kayla told Timothy and smiled at him sweetly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Errr. Yeah, nothing really happened I know... but well, I don't feel like writing anymore for now ^^

Yes, I also changed the title. I think it's quite fitting :D