I'll Make You Believe

Portion Three

Kayla believed that her "date" with Timothy had gone well. They had both enjoyed themselves and Kayla felt like she had known him all her life. Although, technically this was true, now she really did feel like she knew him. She wasn't naive, she knew that there was still a lot that she didn't know about him but already she felt a connection to him that she had never felt for anyone.

Tim had loads of fun with Kayla. In fact, he was happy to admit to himself that he'd never had that much fun with a girl before. Tim hoped so much that Kayla would feel the same for him. He had a few doubts but he was still pretty sure. He could just tell, by the way they had said good bye that she felt the same way he did.

"So, Tim. How'd your date go with Kayla?" Aaron asked in a whisper on Monday morning, during english.

"Oh you know, it was fine." Tim whispered back. He did have fun with Kayla but he wasn't going to let Aaron or anyone get any ideas. He did have a reputation to keep up, after all.

"Tim. It was supposed to be punishment for losing. You could at least say that she bored you to death." Aaron said jokingly, but a bit too loud, causing their teacher to glare at them.

"You boys are this-" she lifted her hand and showed a tiny gap between her fingers, "-close to getting a detention." Their teacher said strictly. Both boys sat up straight in their chairs and looked at her attentively.

During recess, Kayla sat out by the oval in her usual spot. As always, the boys were running around playing soccer and the girls were watching them. It was pathetic Kayla thought. She wasn't expecting Timothy to come and speak to her. She was happy to just to read her book, which she was pleased to find was actually quite interesting.

The day had passed uneventfully for Kayla. She walked silently home listening to the sounds of the birds, the wind and the cars that occasionally passed her. She liked listening to nature, it was very soothing.

Tim walked home alone. The day had been pretty boring. He shoved the ear phones for his iPod into his ears and listened to whatever played. After almost ten minutes he reached his street and up ahead he saw Kayla walking slowly.

"Hey! Kayla wait up!" He called after her. She stopped and turned to look at him not saying anything. Tim quickly ran up to meet her.

"Hello Timothy." Kayla said as Timothy reached her. She saw him cringe when she said his whole name and smiled.

"So, I had fun on Friday." Tim said, now walking slowly next to Kayla.

"I did too." Kayla replied.

"We should do it again, huh?" Tim asked, nervously.

"You mean another date?" Kayla asked, wanting to get things straight. She hoped to get the answer she wanted.

"Yeah. I guess." Tim said. He was unsure, did Kayla want it to be a date?

"Okay then." Kayla said. From Timothy's answer she was unsure if he wanted it to be a date or not.

"See you later then." Tim said and walked down the path to his house.

"Bye." Said Kayla and continued walking along the street to her house.

That was awkward, Tim thought as he stepped inside. His doubts about whether or not Kayla felt the same way about him flared up again. Why couldn't he have just asked her?

Kayla reflected on her conversation with Timothy. It had been awkward after their casual, easy manner on Friday. She wondered whether he liked her or not. She wished she had been clearer on whether she wanted it to be a date or not. Maybe Timothy had gotten the wrong idea. She really needed to learn how to be more.... direct?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh. They're confuzzled ^^

ehehehehe. :D