I'll Make You Believe

Portion Four

Tim organised a time to meet up with Kayla via text message. He was still feeling unsure about what Kayla felt for him and he decided that on Wednesday, when they were next to meet up after school he would sort things out.

It was Kayla's belief that if Timothy did not feel the same way about her as she did for him then there could be no relationship between them. If they had differing feelings for each other then whatever relationship they had would just be awkward. She really hoped Timothy felt the same about her that she felt for him.

On Wednesday afternoon Tim met Kayla half way between their houses. They had decided that they would spend most of the afternoon together just talking. Both hoped that it would not be too awkward. And it wasn't. Tim found that once they had both got used to being around one another again they could talk freely about whatever they wanted. Tim felt it was just like hanging out with Aaron, but with considerably less talk about sex.

Kayla was happy to find that there was no awkwardness what-so-ever when she met with Timothy again on Wednesday. Although, it did begin to worry her when she began to feel too strongly for him. It had been her intention to block everyone out for as long as possible so that she could never be hurt again. She wanted to wait inside her cocoon until she found someone she could really connect with. But could she really trust Timothy that much?

"So." Tim said after a very comfortable silence. "Errrr." His face scrunched up as he tried to think of the right words to ask the questions that had been on his mind ever since Friday.

"Just spit it out." Kayla said. She liked to be straight forward. It was just so much easier.

"Okay." Tim said, and then scrunched his face up again, thinking. Kayla rolled her eyes at him.

"If you won't speak then I shall." Kayla said, causing Timothy to sigh with relief internally. Kayla took a deep breath and spoke. "I'm feeling uncharacteristically close to you. And I'm afraid that if we become much closer something will happen between us that we will both regret. I'm not sure yet if I want to let my guard down around you but I think I'm willing to risk it."

Tim felt overwhelmed by Kayla's honesty. It wasn't very often that you found anyone willing to be so truthful about how they felt. He didn't know what to say. Had what she said been her telling him that she liked him? Or was she saying that she only wanted to be friends with him?

Kayla realised that Timothy hadn't understood a word she had said. Or else it was just too much for his inferior brain to process and he was now stuck on a loop.

"What I'm trying to say Timothy, is that normally I wouldn't let anyone get this close to me. Every time that I've ever gotten close to anyone something has happened that has almost completely destroyed me. I'm not sure I want to trust you not to hurt me but I'm going to." Kayla said, hoping that Timothy would now understand what she'd said.

"Ohhh. Why didn't you just say that in the first place then?" Tim laughed, letting his worries about how they felt about each other fade for a moment. Kayla simply rolled her eyes at him again.

"What I wanted to ask you about though, was whether you think of me as a friend or more?" Tim said after another comfortably long silence. "I wasn't expecting more than one boring date with you when I lost that race but now I feel like we have something special. Please tell me you feel the same way?"

Kayla needed time to think. In what way was she supposed to be feeling? Did he want her to like him? Because that was how it had sounded. What if she broke his heart when she told him that all she wanted from him was friendship? Maybe she should just say yes, try out being his girlfriend. It couldn't hurt could it?
♠ ♠ ♠
:O So Kayla doesn't like Tim? Are you shocked? I know you are ^^

lol. Fun fun fun :D

Next chapter soon... if you comment :)