‹ Prequel: Fear Of The Dark

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Chapter II

Everyone else had finally left us, and so it was only me and Zack, sat in a very expensive carriage, pulled by very expensive horses, heading to what could only be assumed as a very expensive house.

I sighed softly and leant more into Zack, careful of his wound. He may be a werewolf but it had been silver, and so he had to suffer like any normal human would with a bullet wound. He wasn't very happy about it to say the least, but at the moment, he could move as normal and so forth, it just caused him a little discomfort every now and then.

I felt him kiss my hair gently, before resting his head against mine, causing me to smile softly as my stomach warmed with feelings of butterflies racing in my stomach.

"I love you," He whispered quietly. He kept telling me this, more than would normally be expected, but it was like he was terrified that if he didn't tell me, something would happen, taking me away from him.

I looked up and smiled softly, pressing my lips to his in a sweet kiss, to which he gladly reciprocated.

"How long do we have to wait?" I asked him, peering up to him through my new hair. Both Kirsty and I had gone to the hairdressers back in London, to have our hair cut afresh for our journey to California. I now had a cute fringe that covered my forehead, and fell softly into my eyes slightly.

I thought it looked cute, and Zack loved it. And that was all that mattered really if you think about it.

He peered outside and observed the buildings surrounding us, before looking back at me.

"10-15 minutes or so? My family lives further away than everyone else. They prefer their privacy," He said, rolling his eyes slightly causing me to chuckle. Sitting there, I chewed my lip as I contemplated on how to ask him the question that everyone had been begging to ask. Of course no one dared, only me. I figured I could get away with it.

"Zack..do you remember anything? From, you know?" I asked quietly, my fingers nervously pulling at his fine cotton shirt. It was very hot in California, and due to Zack being a few degrees warmer than normal people; I was to put it simply, far too hot in this dress. God forbid what it will be like in bed. Just the mere thought of that brought a tinge of pink to my cheeks.

He sighed softly and closed his eyes.

"No, I-I don't know. I remember pain, a lot of pain. It hurt so fucking much, and, I remember something else. I don't remember any visuals. I only remember hearing you, telling me you loved me, begging me not to die. I think it's what kept me going longer than I normally would have you know? I had something to live for, I didn't want to die," He whispered quietly.

I was silent. I'd kept him alive in more than one way then. Smiling, I looked up and kissed his again.

"Well I love you, and I'm glad you didn't die. Otherwise I'd be stuck in London still" I said with a giggle. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Oh I see where your priorities lie"

The carriage jolted to a stop, and I looked up, not expecting us to stop so suddenly. Looking out of the carriage window, my eyes widened at the house. It was huge. I'd never seen a house so big, only Buckingham Palace if I was being honest, but that wasn't a house, that was a palace.

It was surrounded by lush green grass, which I saw on either side of the white gravel path the horses had come along, and there were many tall trees in the grass itself. The house was a white, flat panel of white wood covering the walls. There were many windows, each complimented by grey wooden coverings. The porch, I think they were called that, was ornamented with thick marble pillars, two surrounding the black doors, which looked imposing.

This was some house.

Zacky watched my amazement with a slight bemused look on his face; he chuckled and leant forward, kissing my cheek gently before whispering into my ear. "This will all be yours as well once we are married," He said. I looked at him in amazement.

"What? What about your parents?" I asked softly. He chuckled.

"They are planning to move to somewhere else in California, leaving the Baker household to me, along with the money. They keep enough to live happily" He said, leaning forward and opening the door before jumping out, holding his hand out to help me get down from the carriage.

The footmen at the door where already taking our belongings inside, and Zack offered me his arm, before we both walked into the big house.

He led me into a large room, which was adorned with large sofas and expensive looking items. This was evidently the living room. On one sofa sat a man and a woman, who both stood up to greet us as we came in.

"Oh Zachary!" The woman cried, flinging her arms around him, causing his eyes to bulge out slightly at the show of affection. I assumed this to be his mother then, and nerves racked through my body. Especially when the man came forward.

I observe him quietly as they both greeted their son happily. Zack looked just like his father, down to the jade eyes and perfectly shaped eyebrows. The only thing that he got from his mother it appeared was his thick full lips.

Zack gestured for his family to sit, and they did so quietly. He then took my hand and pulled me down next to him, evidently sensing my nerves he leant forward and kissed my cheek before whispering in my ear quietly.

"Don't worry, they don't bite"

I nearly laughed. In human form maybe.

"So Zack, how did it go? I heard he's gone," His father said, instantly hitting his son with questions. Zack smiled broadly. "Yup, he's gone, forever, not coming back. I can't, er, remember it though, but he's definitely gone"

This resulted in a strange look from his parents.

"Ah yes, we heard you were shot with silver. How did you survive?" Zack grinned as he looked at me.

"With help from my fiancée here. She dug the bullet out of me just in time. You have to her to thank for my life," He said, grinning broadly. This shifted attention onto me. Attention I did not particularly want.

"Ah, so who is this?" His mother said, looking down at me slightly. She evidently thought she was above me, and she was. Zack saw this and glared slightly, his grip on my hand tightening to the degree it cracked something and caused me to whimper slightly.

God dammit Zack, remember you're stronger than a human!

"This is Sarah Elizabeth Drayton, and as I said, she is my fiancée" He spoke calmly, though I could sense that he wasn't. His father observed me, before looking at his son and smiling.

"I thought you were going to protect and kill? Not come back with a fiancée so soon?" He chuckled. Zack grinned slightly and shrugged.

"Well it's not exactly my fault she so happened to be my soulmate now is it?" His father's eyes widened as he looked back at me. "She's your?" Zack merely nodded.

"Do you have any heritage?" His mother asked, causing me to cringe slightly. Zack's teeth snapped shut, and he ground them together for a moment. His normally jade eyes flashed a more sinister green, inhuman.

"No, she doesn't. In fact, she's from the slums. Never had a real dollar to her name. But I don't care, she's my soulmate, I love her, she saved my life, I saved hers, and we are going to marry. And there's nothing you can do" He hissed slightly.

His mother stiffened.

"Now Maria, calm yourself. You know he cannot do anything about this. I'm glad you have found the one thing I couldn't son. I love your mother with every ounce of your being, but there is nothing she can say that could possibly break the bond you share with, Sarah is it? And if she saved your life, then we are forever indebted to her" He said, smiling softly at me.

I felt at ease suddenly, and Zack looked at me and grinned, kissing my forehead softly.

"She's gonna be your daughter-in-law whether you like it or not mom. So I think you better start liking it and be happy at your sons happiness," He mumbled, pulling me closer to him.

"As long as you are happy," She said softly, observing me again for a moment before smiling.

Hopefully life can go back to normal now…hopefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
=]
Second one
We now have 12 chapters written aha, we're gettnig back into the swing of things :D
x