Serena

Landing & Quidditch Stars x10x

The carriages landed one by one, Madame Maxine’s carriage being first. There were 5 student carriages in all, each containing four students. We were the third carriage and as we stepped outside the carriage we found ourselves immediately whisked away in the crowd. Most of the students had come out to welcome us and had different colors mixed in with their black robes that I assumed meant house colors, like ours.

I felt a whisk of cold and I rubbed my arms to keep warm. Gabrielle, Isabella, and I were the only girls from our year that were chosen to go. There were six seventh years, five sixth years, four fifth years, three fourth years, and two third years.

I began to have a nervous feeling in my stomach, as if I was about to throw up. I felt Gabrielle and Isabella link elbows with me, but that didn’t stop the feeling. I could feel everyone staring at us, well not just us, but all of Beauxbatons. The boys were staring because we were (obviously because we were dancers and tumblers) pretty fit. The girls were glaring at us because the boys were staring.

As I passed a crowd in red, Gabby noticed that I was looking a bit queasy, “Are you okay?”

I took a deep breath and looked straight at the lake on our right. “I’m fine,” I reassured her, feeling much better from even looking at the water. I made a mental note to take a dip there later.

Straightening my posture I took a look around the building we were just entering. It was nothing like the elegance of Beauxbatons, but it was nice all the same.

I caught a few drifts of French and English as we passed by other Beauxbatons girls and Hogwarts students.

Then I heard a huge gasp of excitement and a chatter rising from Hogwarts students and Beauxbatons students alike. The three of us turned around just in time to see the mast of a ship and the ship following, rising out of the lake.

When the students started spilling out of the building in bright green robes, we ducked in to the warmth of the building. Now it was the girls turn to stare and the boys turn to glare as the boys of Durmstrang came out of their ship. A few Beauxbatons girls shrieked as they saw their boyfriends amongst them and rushed to greet them. But the whole crowd shrieked and cried for autographs as Victor Krum, world famous Quidditch star, came out of the ship.

We hurried inside to go over our routine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but the next chapter is very significant!

ily,
alicia