Serena

Speeches & Old Friends x11x

The headmaster of Hogwarts had just made his welcome speech and we had performed our routine exactly how we were supposed to. We impressed the schools with a thorough combination of magic, dance, and tumbling. Although honestly it was one of those routines that makes you feel like a total ditz while doing it. But as we sat with most of the other Beauxbatons girls, we sat at the table of people wearing blue with their robes. It turned out to be pretty boring as they were mostly having conversations of their own, and didn’t take too much notice of us.

Gabby and I had been playing truth or dare to pass the time and what better way to pass the time in a crowded room of strangers then play truth or dare! Isabella had gone to mingle with the Durmstrang students at a table in green and she threw us a smile every so often to say that she was doing fine.

“Truth,” Gabby said, in answer to my question.

“Come on, you always do truth!” I groaned.

“Okay fine, dare,” she said sighing.

I smiled happily and whispered my dare in her ear.

She laughed when I was done and went on her way, I watched her as she went.

Gabrielle swayed her hips as she walked down the aisle to the table wearing yellow and stopped next to a boy.

She leaned in as if telling him a secret then turned her head swiftly as if listening to something he was saying. Then, as quick as she turned her head, she yelled out in the loudest offended tone possible, "No, I will NOT sneak off into a dark corridor with you!"

The people around her jumped and looked up surprised at the boy. He looked at her befuddled, but most people took it for dejection. They laughed and a few said "poor Ernie" as a girl stormed up to him and slapped him on the face. The two began bickering, and Gabrielle slipped back.

"Seems like you’ve caused some trouble in paradise," I said, my eyes twinkling.

She covered her fit of giggles by complaining, “How was I supposed to know? He looked so innocent and prettyful!”

I laughed and promptly followed it up with saying, "Dare."

"Oh, but I'm paying you back for that one. Did you see how much everyone stared?" Gabrielle was one of the people on the trip that did not like being stared at. She glared at me and surveyed the room for a guy for the dare. She pointed his back out to me, "Do you see that guy over there? Slip right next to him, fall into his lap, and kiss his cheek after you say, 'my hero.'"

I looked up at her in alarm, what if he had a girlfriend? However, I couldn't back out now, so I said, "Just watch me."

Getting up my courage I walked over to the guy that Gabrielle was talking about. I was about to reach him and slip, when I actually tripped over a bench leg and lurched forward. I landed in the lap of a startled person, who was not the right guy, who looked down at me bemused. Looking up at him meekly, I pulled myself up to a sitting position gave him a peck on the cheek, saying in my American accent, "Sorry."

After that he looked even more surprised and adjusting his glasses asked rather than said, "Um, don't mention it?"

Suddenly I heard a jeer from behind which said, "oooh, Potter's got himself a girl friend."

I flipped my head towards the jeer but then heard what they called him. I looked at his face quizzically and finally found what I thought I had heard him say. I jumped off his lap in recognition of the famous scar and surprised said, "You're…"

But I was cut off by the girl two seats down from Harry Potter glaring at the other boy, "Oh well that's thick coming from you. Least Harry can find a girl that doesn't look like a pug faced git."

I looked at the person who had started this and looked him up and down. He was blonde, standing up, smirking until the brunette girl began talking, and why did he look so familiar. He was glaring at the brunette with top rage.

"Why you filthy little…"

When I heard his voice for a second time, I realized who he was. I jumped out of the bench and hugged him practically knocking him to the ground. "Rai!"

I didn't see his dumbfounded look because I was hugging him but he patted the back of my hair awkwardly as if he had no idea what I was doing.

If I wasn't hugging him, I would also notice that he reached his head out a little further to check out my butt (and probably would have slapped him) but realization dawned on him before I noticed.

"Re?" He asked, breaking up the hug to scan my face with stormy grey eyes. Then his eyes scanned my body, and then I gave him a firm but playful smack.

(Now don't you go thinking this is going to be one of those gooey, wow I used to love him and now we're back together Malfoy stories… You'll see in, I believe a few chapters. I'm just reporting what happened.)

Harry Potter looked at me disgusted with my behavior. But, a girl who had just plopped herself down next to Harry about the time I had hugged Draco, looked at us in interest.

The second he said Re, she jumped back out of her seat and snarled at Draco in an American accent, "all right Malfoy, get your filthy claws off Re. She doesn't know any better to hug you, but you should."

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I heard THAT voice. I turned around slowly not quite believing my eyes. Then, I shrieked and tackle hugged this girl as well, "Ri!! I can't believe you're here!"

Riley Darbar smiled and hugged me back, "I can't believe you're here either! But we need to talk about him." She said the last part in close to a whisper and jerked her head toward Draco.

Draco cut in coldly to Riley, "I think that Re can make her own decisions, Darbar."

"Oh, but first I need to warn her about a ferret nosed twit," she and Draco were neck to neck glaring at each other.

Harry Potter and the brunette girl that had spoken before looked ready to hex him as well, dislike was written on every part of their body so I don't think it was for MY sake, but rather because they didn't like Draco.

But a carrot haired boy was holding them back, so they didn't get much farther.

Behind Draco, a little pug faced girl was snarling, and two rather big boys were making a "mean" face that made them look rather constipated.

This had turned into quite the scene as a lot of students had turned up on both sides. Gabrielle shoved through the crowd next to me and joked, "You sure know how to draw a crowd"

I didn't answer her but instead stepped right in the middle of Riley and Draco. "I will make my own decision, and I want to spend time with both of you."

They both looked a bit annoyed, but withdrew from their match. "Fine, but I get to talk to her first," Riley said a bit childishly, sticking out her tongue at Draco.

Draco glowered at her and said, "Fine, but…"

I cut in before they could go on anymore, "I'll see you BOTH at the lake at seven o clock tonight" With that I turned around and as the crowd parted for me, I stormed off through the aisle towards the exit. Curious to those who didn’t know, which was everyone but themselves, Riley and Draco were both keeping an eye on the water glasses on the tables as I passed. As they boiled one by one, however subtly enough for no one to notice, they knew not to come after me. I burst out of the exit and marched into an unknown part of the unknown castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omg! The story has finally began. And this is where I began writing after about a 3 year lapse. So from now on this isn't my retarded 7th grade self... this is my retarded 10th grade self! =)

ily,
alicia