Serena

Looney & Pool Games x12x

I was seething by that point and I began taking sharp turns around the castle. Finally it came to a point that I had absolutely no idea where I was, the stair cases kept changing. At that spot, I simply sat down on the ground criss cross style and sighed. I was no longer mad, but rather madly curious. Why did they hate each other?

A few students passed by me so I could have easily asked where I was, but I rather preferred not to.

"Have you lost your sense of direction?" called a dream-like voice.

I looked up to see a blonde girl that was not unlike Gabrielle, only this girl had wide searching eyes and eyebrows that were so high up she looked rather surprised. She was also wearing the Hogwarts black robes with blue. "Excuse me?" I asked politely.

"Ah, so it's rather your instinct then." The girl said, nodding certainly. "I'm Luna Lovegood, although many people call me Looney instead, I've heard them."

"How awful," I exclaimed scrambling to my feet, "I'm Serena."

"So your instinct has returned! I suppose I should take you to the Ravenclaw dorms since it is where your school is staying," she sighed and began walking without warning.

I followed her hesitantly. She seemed a bit daft, but rather harmless. We turned until we went into a tower and she rapped on the door. Several Beauxbatons girls were standing around it looking totally confused.

"What is the difference between knowledge and wisdom?" The door asked.

"Knowledge is knowing, and wisdom is knowing how to use your knowledge," Luna said without hesitation.

"Well thought out," the door said before swinging open. The gaggle of Beauxbatons girls filed in, a few saying hello to me, before Luna and I went inside.

It was definitely not like Beauxbatons in the fact that the dormitories were much less deluxe. However it looked very homey and I warmed up to the prospect of a fire.

Suddenly I remembered, "Luna, what time is it?" I asked her urgently.

"I suppose it's half an hour after sundown," she answered in that same trance like voice.

Since I had no idea what time was sundown, it was no use.

However, a one boy passing by said, "about 6:30."

"Thank you," I answered politely, and slipped myself into the girl's bathroom.

I went into a changing room and concentrated on the inside of my bag, I picked out a long hoodie (which grazed the top of my thighs), a white bathing suit, jeans, and white flip flops then snapped my fingers. They appeared in purple swirls of smoke and I changed out of my uniform, sending it back to the bag. I tucked my wand into the back of my jeans and then sent myself to the lake I had seen earlier.

I promptly sat down next to the lake. I was about 20 minutes early but I didn't care, it would give me some more time to think. I was suddenly swept into a memory that had been floating around in my head.

***********************************************

A girl of about five with shiny black hair, light for Indian skin, and bright black eyes jumped into a colossal pool and started chasing after another girl with brown hair, a doll like face, and large brown eyes, and a boy with great innocent light blue eyes (yeah, they were blue), a stubborn smirk, and stubborn dirty blonde hair.

"I'm gon' catch you guys!" The little Indian girl said, swimming her fastest. She weaved through the water, but she only managed to catch the boy. The little Siren-Mermaid girl ducked under the water like a fish and stayed at the bottom until she suddenly popped up at the other end of the pool.

"Can't catch me!" The young Serena had called out.

With that a determined expression came on the young Riley's face and she glared at the spot just behind Serena. She supported herself by treading water and suddenly spread her arms wide and gave a large clap.

Serena let out a yelp as a little ball of fire began chasing her from above the water. Where ever she swam, it was right behind her, and she eventually had to come up for water, so she made a large turn and came up to breathe.

That second, Riley tapped her on the shoulder and grinned triumphantly as the fireball fell in the water and disappeared.

"No fair!" Serena had cried out, "You cheated!"

"You did too," Riley argued back.

"No I didn't," Serena insisted, annoyed.

"Did TOO," Riley said, staring angrily.

They both turned their glares to Draco, who had been delightedly letting a vine climb up his arm. "Rai?!" They both asked earnestly both hoping they were right. That memory faded away with Draco's large crystal doe eyes looking at them.

Yes, they were best friends when they were little. Riley and Serena had both lived in the U.S. but Draco had only been there living with his aunt for a few years.

Originally they had met because they were all pretty much royal, Serena was royal by Siren and Mermaid blood, Riley had a second cousin who was the prince of a remote Island off of India, and Draco… well he was just filthy rich.

Afterwards though, they all were delighted to find that they all had powers, Serena knew she had inherited hers, using water mostly at that time, but she had no idea where Riley and Draco got theirs. Riley used fire pretty often, but Draco was subtler about his.

Serena's mother persuaded them to control and use her powers, so Serena was in no way afraid, and Riley wasn't afraid anyway because her parents didn't care about her powers.

But Draco's aunt's eyes grew wide when she saw him climbing on a tree and the braches carrying higher and higher. Then finally the branch reached to the ground and he walked off, the branch growing short again and upright as he went away. She snarled at him not to do that, and as a result he used it only with Serena and Riley.

So they kept each other in check. If Riley suddenly got mad and caught someone's hair on fire, Serena would immediately drench them with water.

When Serena threw a tantrum and started a whirlpool or threw water or something of the sort, she would either find a wall of trees preventing her from going anywhere or a huge ball of fire evaporating her water.

If Draco threw a fit and the plants began to throw twigs, or pine needles, or fruit at people, Riley would immediately burn them in the air or he would find that there was a whirlpool of water that was washing them all up.

And so on and so on. They were definitely an unusually powerful bunch of five year olds, but having no other friends then their group, they thought it was what normal kids did and had a load of fun.

Of course, their parents warned them not to do anything in public, even with wizards and witches, but they forgot more often then not.

They were the three musketeers, Re (pronounced Ree), Ri (Pronounced Rye), and Rai (Pronounced Ray).

They had a few childish fights, they were children after all, but on the all, they were very content. They told each other everything, and were best friends from age 4 through 9.

If they weren't forced to go their separate ways when they were 9, they never would have. Though they didn't know it, their parents had received similar threats and so Re and her mother went to the west coast, Ri and her parents went to the New York countryside, and Draco moved out of his aunt's house and back to England with his parents. Serena tried to find them, but not being told where the other two were going, she had no choice but to move on and make new friends. The other two tried likewise of sending their owls to find to other two, but were unsuccessful. And so, the three musketeers were broken up, until now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this one. =)

ily,
alicia