Serena

Caves & Realizations x13x

My thoughts were interrupted by a splash in the water. I stared at the spot and realized it had just been a fish jumping. Now, most normal people would have just gone back to thinking, but to me, that made me want to swim so much that it was almost like the fish had just beckoned to me.

Immediately, I slid off my flip flops, slipped off my jeans, and lifted my sweatshirt off my head, revealing the white halter bikini I was wearing underneath. I knew it would come in use!

I had practically forgotten about the seven o' clock meeting as I scrambled up to an outcropping. I squatted on the ground and peered into the water, making sure it was deep. I stood up and dived in. Sighing underwater, I dived deeper and looked around. It was much deeper than it looked. I went back up for air and floated on my back looking up at the stars.

I heard a splash next to me and in plopped Riley in a red bandeau bikini. "I knew you would be swimming," Ri said affectionately, treading water.

Just a few seconds later, another splash came from my other side and in came Draco wearing what looked like green boxers. No matter, I actually was very confused most times why underwear wasn't the same as swim suits when underwear usually covered up a lot more of your body.

However, Riley glared at him and not missing a second said, "Never miss a chance to show off your body do you, Malfoy?"

"Actually, unlike you two, I can't exactly wear my swimming trunks under my clothes and it was pretty hard to sneak out anyways, Darbar." Rai said icily.

I glanced at the outcropping where everyone's shedded clothes and wands were and asked, "Mind if I send the wands back?" If we were going swimming, it is usually not the best idea to leave unattended wands on the shore.

"Nope." "Go right ahead."

I thought of each one separately and they each disappeared with a crack to their rooms as the air filled in the space where the wands were formerly.

Doing a flip, I waved to the other two and said, "Come on let's go dive!"

They looked to each other and rolled their eyes as if they had forgotten whatever their dispute was, before glaring at each other and turning away sulkily.

I started diving whether I knew they were following or not, and I sent a warm current from behind me, so they could keep up. I dived very deep and kept close to the edges keeping my eyes wide open for a crack in the edge or even better, an opening.

Finally finding an opening, I waved to them to go back up and then popped my head out of the water. Once they all followed I said, "Take a deep breath and follow me."

I took one myself and plunged deeply sending myself a light current and the other two heavy currents so they followed me into the underwater cavern. I kept the pace quick not knowing when we could find air, but found myself growing exhausted easily because of the currents I was sending them.

Looking up I found saw a ripple in the water and the ceiling looking far away so I rippled my body like an otter does and shot up to the top, clinging onto the edge of what looked like a floor. Although light shone from the pebbles on the floor and a few species of seaweed above water was very dark, the only light being from the water. And I groped for a way to pull myself up while gasping for air.

The others came up at the same time as me and we held on to the edge just panting for a few minutes before puling ourselves onto the floor of the cave. "Ri can you float a few fire balls? Rai can you grow some of that glowing seaweed in the water over here?"

They both stared at me as if I had twelve heads, before Ri ran a hand through her hair and Rai unconsciously did the same. I automatically assumed the worst, "You haven't lost your powers have you?"

"No, of course not, at least I don't think I have," Ri said nervously.

Draco stared at his palms as if he hadn't seen them in years. "I haven't done that kind of magic in years," his voice trailed off and echoed in the cavern.

Ri glared at Draco for speaking but admitted, "I haven't either."

I didn't speak but looked at them oddly. How could they just stop? Didn't they feel it calling to them?

But finally Ri said, "But I'll try." With that, she looked at her hands before clasping them together and biting her lower lip concentrating on the warmth. She let them go, leaving to float a little fireball burning faintly. Blowing it up to the ceiling, it grew brighter until their shadows were left bouncing off the walls.

Draco said loudly, "Always a show off." Riley was about to retort bitterly, but he quickly glanced at the seaweed in the water and started his magic.

He willed it to grow bigger, he made no motions but the seaweed gradually grew so it became rather like a glowing vine. He did the same for the other seaweeds until they draped up the walls of the cave and grew on the sides of the floor. A few broke out of the floor and crawled up those walls too until the whole cavern was glowing with light.

"And I'm the showoff?" Ri asked thoroughly annoyed at Dray.

Annoyed at their fighting, I took some of the water in the air to form a little water cloud over both their heads and I turned it ice cold. As Draco opened his mouth to reply angrily, I let the cold water drop over their heads.

They both hissed angrily and turned to me in annoyance. Suddenly Riley remembered about her power and easily set a fire on the ground. It reached very high and she walked straight into it, letting the fire lick off the water. It didn't burn her, but she felt a tickling sensation and quickly stepped out, letting the fire die down.

Draco stayed miserably wet, so I teleported a bit of the water off of him. He sat down sulkily.

I sighed and said, "Guys, would you stop fighting and tell me why you hate each other so much?"

I realized my bad choice in wording the second it came out of my mouth, but instantly, they started talking over lapping each other with insults.

"He uses people."

"She's a whore."

"He's a man-whore"

"Suck-up"

"Selfish"

"Know-it-all"

"Coward"

"Won't listen to anything people tell her"

"Bully"

"Tease"

"Has to get everything he wants"

"Show-off"

"Arrogant"

"Potter worshipper"

"Death Eater"

Riley realized what she had blurted out and covered her mouth in shock.

I sucked in my breath and took a look at Draco's face.

His face was frozen in shock and dislike, but there was also worry and fear. "It's not true," he whispered, but the damage had been done.

Riley gave him a withering glare, but behind it was dread of what she had said. However she had already said it so why hold back the truth any longer, "But it will be in April." It actually felt good to tell someone.

I stared at Draco as if I had been betrayed, well I had, and was surprised to find that I could breathe let alone talk. He looked rather miserable in the eerie yellowish glow of the seaweed. I took a sharp intake of breath and held it in for a few minutes. But when I did talk, it wasn't to Draco, whom I don't think I could face again, but to Riley, "Are you sure, Ri?"

She let out a sigh and said, "I'm sure." With that, her shoulders hunched and she looked like an old woman. Then she jumped in the water and swam out of the cave.

Feeling the wall of the cave, I felt a piece of seaweed that had climbed up it and withdrew my hand as if I had been burned. Not touching the wall again, I felt my knees buckle and I sat down in shock.

Draco reached over and touched my arm. It retaliated of its own accord and threw his hand violently off. He looked like a sad puppy but now I recalled the moment I heard his voice and almost smacked myself for not realizing.

I stood up and looked him straight into his grayish-blue eyes, "Stay away from me." Then I turned away from him and dove into the water.